PDA

View Full Version : Bonds could be reactived Tuesday...

gf2020
09-05-2005, 08:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2152696

It's crazy, but if Bonds is anywhere close to his old self, the Giants have a shot at the playoffs.

voodoochile
09-05-2005, 08:53 PM
I guess his urine finally tested clean...:?::rolleyes:

RKMeibalane
09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm hoping that MLB now decides to bust him for steroid use.

TornLabrum
09-05-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm hoping that MLB now decides to bust him for steroid use.

Which reminds me: Whatever happened to those 50-plus players who were about to be busted for steroids?

Ol' No. 2
09-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Which reminds me: Whatever happened to those 50-plus players who were about to be busted for steroids?Last I heard we were expecting some kind of announcement on Tuesday.:wink:

TheOldRoman
09-05-2005, 10:22 PM
I just saw video of Bonds running on Sportscenter, and good god...
He is the biggest I have ever seen him. He was wearing a t-shirt, but his arms looked about as thick as his thighs. His chest was huge, also. Maybe he took all this time off so he could roid up to an unprecedented level. Then he can just ride out his career without taking steroids and claim the muscle loss is due to "old age".

gf2020
09-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I just saw video of Bonds running on Sportscenter, and good god...
He is the biggest I have ever seen him. He was wearing a t-shirt, but his arms looked about as thick as his thighs. His chest was huge, also. Maybe he took all this time off so he could roid up to an unprecedented level. Then he can just ride out his career without taking steroids and claim the muscle loss is due to "old age".

He can still be tested whether or not that he is on the DL and he's been tested twice this year IIRC.

Bonds is pretty crafty. I don't think he would come back if he was risking pulling a Palmiero.

TheOldRoman
09-05-2005, 10:31 PM
He can still be tested whether or not that he is on the DL and he's been tested twice this year IIRC.

Bonds is pretty crafty. I don't think he would come back if he was risking pulling a Palmiero.
If that is the case, he is cocky enough to think that he found the perfect roid to beat the system. I hope like hell that he gets taken down before he passes the Babe.

TornLabrum
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM

Three words: human growth hormone.

Chips
09-05-2005, 10:34 PM
**** Barry Bonds.

chisoxfan64
09-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Maybe he`s really clean.:rolleyes:

chaerulez
09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2152696

It's crazy, but if Bonds is anywhere close to his old self, the Giants have a shot at the playoffs.

Would he be allowed on the playoff roster even though he hadn't played a game for them before September? Or is it okay because he is on the 40 man roster.

Jjav829
09-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Finally, the baseball season will now be complete. :rolleyes:

JUribe1989
09-05-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm rooting for the Giants so I hope Bonds can come back and give them the boost they need to pull off the division. What a comeback that would be. It would be so embarassing for the Padres.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-05-2005, 11:09 PM
i like the giants, but im rooting against them because im a dodger fan and i hate bonds. Like someone said earlier, i really hope he gets caught before he passes babe

voodoochile
09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Last I heard we were expecting some kind of announcement on Tuesday.:wink:

Not "Tuesday"... "tomorrow"...

Chips
09-05-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm rooting for the Giants so I hope Bonds can come back and give them the boost they need to pull off the division. What a comeback that would be. It would be so embarassing for the Padres.

I would be really pissed off. I hate the Giants. I hate Barry Bonds, and I hate San Francisco. Anyone but the Giants.

StillMissOzzie
09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Which reminds me: Whatever happened to those 50-plus players who were about to be busted for steroids?

Or the two "bigger than Palmeiro" names that Harry of MJ&H fame, among other rumor-mongers, kept teasing listeners with?

SMO
:dunno:

OEO Magglio
09-06-2005, 12:23 AM
I'd say there is a good shot SF ends up in the playoffs. They're 5 out and have 7 left with the Pads. We can all hate Bonds as much as we want(and as well we should) but he's the biggest difference maker in baseball, by far.

ChiSoxRowand
09-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Would he be allowed on the playoff roster even though he hadn't played a game for them before September? Or is it okay because he is on the 40 man roster.

Players who are on the DL on September 1st are still eligible for the playoff roster.

Optipessimism
09-06-2005, 07:17 AM
I hate Bonds just as much as anyone else, but I really don't care if he gets the record. It will always be questioned and probably will only hold up for a few years anyway until Arod takes it. Once Arod has it, as weird as this sounds, the record will be in safe hands again.

34 Inch Stick
09-06-2005, 10:01 AM

I want the same result but for different reasons. I would really love the media glare to be refocused on Bonds. He had difficulty dealing with it in spring training. I imagine he would be worse in the playoffs.

Rooney4Prez56
09-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I guess his urine finally tested clean...:?::rolleyes:

He's using the Whizzinator!