PDA

View Full Version : Walks

jabrch
09-05-2005, 04:06 PM
For the 24th time in 25 games, Chicago's starter allowed two or fewer walks.

That's HUGE.

akingamongstmen
09-05-2005, 04:09 PM
:o: !!!!

Chips
09-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Heres to our starters and bullpen.:gulp:

VivaOzzie
09-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Looooooordy!

Fredsox
09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
FWIW and if my math is correct we have resumed our rightful place with the #1 ERA in the AL at 3.57. We passed up MN and Oakland with our "0" earned runs today.

Chips
09-05-2005, 08:10 PM
FWIW and if my math is correct we have resumed our rightful place with the #1 ERA in the AL at 3.57. We passed up MN and Oakland with our "0" earned runs today.

You are correct sir.

YourWhatHurts
09-05-2005, 08:13 PM
theyre getting back to what they did in the first half, and it feels phenomanol

SOX ADDICT '73
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
For the 24th time in 25 games, Chicago's starter allowed two or fewer walks. That's HUGE.
Those of us who are just discovering this stat ought to be ashamed of ourselves for letting a sub-par August (offensively) get into our heads. The strength of this team was, and continues to be, its pitching staff. Way to cut back on the demoralizing (not to mention game-dragging) free passes, guys!

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Great job guys!:cheers: It's great to have that kind of concistency, avoiding the cheaper runs. By the way, I'm just curious. Does anyone know the pitcher who gave up the 3 or more walks? I'm guessing it was count or El Duque.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Another stat I think interesting is the Sox were 2-44 in games they scored 3 or less last season. They are 16-31 this year - proving the point the pitching and fielding have kept us (and lead to wins) in far more games this year than in the past. Pitching and fielding have made us the team we are and the reason we have a good chance to take it all in October.

TimChamp
09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
For the 24th time in 25 games, Chicago's starter allowed two or fewer walks.

How do you think Oakland's been successful the past few years. They not only know how to limit the walks on their pitching staff, but their offense also knows how to take walks...

--Champ out

DumpJerry
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
theyre getting back to what they did in the first half, and it feels phenomanol
I disagree. They are much better now than they were then. First half of season, they "found a way to win" over and over. Now, they just shut down the other side and pound the daylights out of the pitching for the other side. Really rising for the playoffs!!!!:bandance:

PeteWard
09-06-2005, 03:34 AM
That stat is amazing and now we have a SIXTH ace.

Which leads me of course to the hack of all hacks at the Sun-Times.

You expect the sneer, the negativity, the choke alert, the patronizing and jeering tone when he writes or speaks of any team in Chicago (christ, he even had me feeling bad for Dusty Baker which I thought impossible ) .

But when Mariotti wrote last week in his chamberpot of a column that the Sox starters are "wildly inconsistent'", he displayed an ignorance of baseball that is utterly colossal.

Conclusion? ESPN has their boy.