PDA

View Full Version : Blum's Versatility

jabrch
09-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I like the fact that he can play just about anywhere. But is it too much sometimes to be hopping him around so much? I guess it really could help us in the WS against a NL team, where he could double switch and move around the field if needed, but I don't like that in terms of consistency for his defense. He's not great at any position, and I'd like to see him get consistent work at just one or two...

That said, I don't think getting him was a bad move.

Nyls Nyman
09-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I don't think that he'd be that great defensively even with consistent work.

Blum is a true utility guy. He started in Houston because Jimy Williams has the same fear of rookies that Johnnie B. Baker has.

hose
09-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Blum is versatile, he can hit a buck ninety from either side.:D:

Ol' No. 2
09-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I like the fact that he can play just about anywhere. But is it too much sometimes to be hopping him around so much? I guess it really could help us in the WS against a NL team, where he could double switch and move around the field if needed, but I don't like that in terms of consistency for his defense. He's not great at any position, and I'd like to see him get consistent work at just one or two...

That said, I don't think getting him was a bad move.Unless Crede isn't able to come back, Blum isn't going to get anywhere near the starting lineup in the postseason. He's strictly a late-inning replacement if they need to pinch-hit for one of the real infielders.

Whitesox05
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Unless Crede isn't able to come back, Blum isn't going to get anywhere near the starting lineup in the postseason. He's strictly a late-inning replacement if they need to pinch-hit for one of the real infielders.

ummmm... he will be starting at 3rd in the playoffs if Crede isn't healthy. He and Ozuna will both platoon at that position. Who else do we have to choose from at this point?

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
ummmm... he will be starting at 3rd in the playoffs if Crede isn't healthy. He and Ozuna will both platoon at that position. Who else do we have to choose from at this point?http://www.readingcomprehensionconnection.com/