PDA

View Full Version : 11:05...am?!?!?

BRDSR
09-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Is anyone else aware of this travishamockery? 11:05 AM for tomorrow's start time? MLB must have a death wish for the White Sox. In the middle of the a home series to have to fly to Boston for a single game and then wake up before the sun rises to get to the ballpark in time to play at 11:05?(Yes, I know, 12:05 EST, but the Sox lose an hour flying there anyway.) Of course I understand they have to get on a flight and come back here after the game, but geez...I think maybe a 2:05 start would give everyone a little breathing room.

Anyway, this was a multi-purpose post. One, rant about MLB. Two, if you're late to bed, late to rise like me...set your alarm or you'll miss the White Sox tomorrow!

Optipessimism
09-05-2005, 02:03 AM
I don't know what their plans were, but I would imagine they would have flown to Boston after Sunday's game to rest up there, then leave after the game tomorrow. At least I hope that's what they're doing or they are going to be beat on Tuesday.

kingpin_rcs
09-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Out here on the west coast the game starts at 9:05 AM ! Nothing like a litte baseball with breakfast!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Personally if I was traveling someplace round-trip for just 24 hours, I would want to get going as early in the day as possible so I can get home and be done with it as early in the day, too. The morning hours waiting around are basically a waste for the job at hand.

A 12 noon game (local time) is about as good as could be expected. The players will be back here in Chicago tonight and get to sleep in their own beds, assuming they choose to.

:cool:

arbutron
09-05-2005, 09:47 AM
I heard plenty of regulars will not be making the trip to Bean-Town...

Including A.J. who's tending to "family matters".

Anyone got a heads up on the lineup???

veeter
09-05-2005, 10:16 AM
The Sox will have plenty of time to rest after they clinch this thing.

PAPChiSox729
09-05-2005, 10:19 AM

Well I would think that by having the game earlier today, they will have more time to rest once they get back to Chicago.

bigfoot
09-05-2005, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=arbutron]I heard plenty of regulars will not be making the trip to Bean-Town...

AJ absence, attending the birth of his child, truly ranks as "family matters".

Congrats AJ!!!!!!!!:supernana:

SOXSINCE'70
09-05-2005, 10:21 AM

Amen.And if they dominate the rest of the Central the
way they KO'd the Kitties,the party should occur in
the next 2 weeks.:gulp: :gulp:

But winning the division is only the first step.
There will be a lot of work to do come Oct.4th.

SOXSINCE'70
09-05-2005, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=arbutron]I heard plenty of regulars will not be making the trip to Bean-Town...

AJ absence, attending the birth of his child, truly ranks as "family matters".

Congrats AJ!!!!!!!!:supernana:

Amen.The birth of my nieces ranks higher
than any baseball game.:bandance:

robertks61
09-05-2005, 12:08 PM
At least we're televised today. Still no TV on the 17th vs. Minn.

jabrch
09-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Day game after a night game where he played, rosters already expanded...Cassanova here. No reason what-so-ever to make AJ miss a family event. Dye and Ozuna not in the lineup either against Schilling. No worries.

Chips
09-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Early start was no problem for the Sox. I was ready to chalk up it up in the loss column because of the early start and the traveling and I thought mostly scrubs would in giving the regulars a rest, but they won again.