PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's Cap

34rancher
09-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Post game interview, anyone know what hat that is? The T in a circle with a red brim?

DoggPhood
09-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah, it looks like a weird Texas Rangers hat. I wonder what it's all about.

JimmyJoe
09-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Does anyone know why Ozzie was wearing that blue cap with the white T on it during the post game show? It looks like it could be a Rangers cap.

JimmyJoe
09-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Never mind, 34rancher beat me to the punch by a minute.

:dtroll:

Clembasbal
09-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah, it looks like a weird Texas Rangers hat. I wonder what it's all about.

I saw the same thing. I am sure it will be revealed to us in the paper or on the Sportsnight on Comcast.

It sure did look like a stupid looking Rangers hat. Maybe he was mocking Showalter?

Jurr
09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
They did take an 11 run whipping to the Royals. Maybe he's rubbing it in.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know why Ozzie was wearing that blue cap with the white T on it during the post game show? It looks like it could be a Rangers cap.
Maybe Ozzie's way of thanking the Texas Showalters for helping the KC Royals shoot their scoring wad this weekend - 27 runs over three games, including 17 today! Let's hope they're spent come Tuesday.

DoggPhood
09-04-2005, 04:36 PM
shoot their scoring wad

If I got banned for dropping some extra U's into an F-bomb, and then immediately changing them, I would be careful with the sexual innuendos. This is a very conservative (or hypocritical?) board.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 04:39 PM
If I got banned for dropping some extra U's into an F-bomb, and then immediately changing them, I would be careful with the sexual innuendos. This is a very conservative (or hypocritical?) board.
How do you know it wasn't a reference to somebody blowing a wad of money shooting craps?

Wait, can I say "craps"? :rolleyes:

DoggPhood
09-04-2005, 04:44 PM
actually, what i want to know is why this is appropriate: :gulp:

slamming guinesses is not a good role model for the children or whoever it is that is supposed to be offended by the foul language.

but, more importantly, what's up with ozzie's hat??

Daver
09-04-2005, 04:46 PM

slamming guinesses is not a good role model for the children or whoever it is that is supposed to be offended by the foul language.

If you don't like the way the forum is run, I suggest you find another forum to post on.

Taliesinrk
09-04-2005, 04:52 PM
okok.. but back to the hat.. whats with the hat???

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 04:53 PM

And while we're at it:
This :dtroll: is offensive to people with hypertrichosis (excess body hair disease).

This :chunks is insensitive to sufferers of chronic nausea.

And these :kukoo: :nuts: :wired: :neener: :nocubs make fun of people with mental illness.

RowanDye
09-04-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm sure the guys will appreciate the little media jab Ozzie threw by wearing that hat today, especially Buehrle. I think it was pretty funny... although Buck probably does not. :tongue:

34rancher
09-04-2005, 04:56 PM
I thought the same thing, but I went and looked at lids.com and mlb.com and could not find that particular hat under the Rangers, so I am not convinced that the hat is for them. No where can I find a T with a circle around it. Also, the T is a different T, no little line across the middle of the vertical line.

DoggPhood
09-04-2005, 04:57 PM
i guess i just believe in free speech.

just like ozzie. :D:

now what's up with the haaaaaaaat?

Mr. White Sox
09-04-2005, 04:58 PM
And while we're at it:
This :dtroll: is offensive to people with hypertrichosis (excess body hair disease).

This :chunks is insensitive to sufferers of chronic nausea.

And these :kukoo: :nuts: :wired: :neener: :nocubs make fun of people with mental illness.

POTW, hands down.

Daver
09-04-2005, 05:02 PM
i guess i just believe in free speech.

just like ozzie. :D:

This is not a democracy.

34rancher
09-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Has anyone found the hat anywhere yet to confirm where it is from?

Brian26
09-04-2005, 05:08 PM
I thought the same thing, but I went and looked at lids.com and mlb.com and could not find that particular hat under the Rangers, so I am not convinced that the hat is for them. No where can I find a T with a circle around it. Also, the T is a different T, no little line across the middle of the vertical line.

It looks like an old school Rangers logo, though. That's the "T" from their 70's to 80's jerseys.

Daver
09-04-2005, 05:10 PM
I would venture a guess that it is from a venezulen winter ball team.

Chips
09-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Is there a picture of this hat?
I didnt see it.

Jerko
09-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Venezuelan league hat.

http://www.starstruck.com/item--i-18CAP-TDG--m-2_1778_1785.html

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I would venture a guess that it is from a venezulen winter ball team.
You are correct, Daver. After doing a quick Google search, it's the hat of the Tiburones de La Guaira.

Here's a link of a pitcher wearing the hat. http://www.solodeportes.com.ve/fotos/lvbp0405/cambio_julio011204.jpg

Daver
09-04-2005, 05:30 PM
You are correct, Daver. After doing a quick Google search, it's the hat of the Tiburones de La Guaira.

Here's a link of a pitcher wearing the hat. http://www.solodeportes.com.ve/fotos/lvbp0405/cambio_julio011204.jpg

It was a good guess then.

:bandance:

34rancher
09-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Man are we a jaded group. First we assume that Ozzie is mocking the Rangers and Buck Showalter, then we start getting all First amendment on each other. Anyone else here need a drink just to follow this?

In other news, the Sox just swept the Tigers, and have reduced the magic number down to 18....

Mr. White Sox
09-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Man are we a jaded group. First we assume that Ozzie is mocking the Rangers and Buck Showalter, then we start getting all First amendment on each other. Anyone else here need a drink just to follow this?

In other news, the Sox just swept the Tigers, and have reduced the magic number down to 18....

The Magic Number is so 2004...RIOT!

RowanDye
09-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Good call on the Venezuala League! Shouldn't jump to conclusions....but it would have been funnier if it really was a Rangers cap.

TimoPerez
09-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I thought it was a Timo hat.

Chicago83
09-04-2005, 10:30 PM
This is not a democracy.

Should we call you Fidel?

ChiSoxGirl
09-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Watching Instant Replay tonight on WGN, Rich King said it was a Rangers hat, which is what I thought it was, too. I think Rich needs to do his Venezuelan Baseball homework! :tongue:

StillMissOzzie
09-05-2005, 12:59 AM

And tiburon = shark, IIRC

SMO
:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
09-05-2005, 01:28 AM
Should we call you Fidel?Just "cruising for a bruising," aren't you?

noquitter
09-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Just "cruising for a bruising," aren't you?Looks like he got his wish. That wasn't very bright. :?:

chitownhawkfan
09-05-2005, 03:28 AM
And tiburon = shark, IIRC

SMO
:gulp:

Tiene razon! que bueno

wassagstdu
09-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Here's another picture (Luis Aparicio in the same cap):
http://phahnestock.smugmug.com/photos/34754264-L.jpg
And while you are there you might check these pics from the Sox-Dodgers 6/18:
http://phahnestock.smugmug.com/gallery/609805

rocky biddle
09-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Seeing those Sox-Dodgers pics just reminded me how awesome the '59 jerseys looked; and how incredible that game was.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Looks like he got his wish. That wasn't very bright. :?:
Who would have imagined that something as innocent as a weird hat would end up getting two members banned? I sometimes have a problem with thinking before I speak, but when I have a chance to type it out and preview it first, I generally avoid making an ass of myself.

Generally.:tongue:

wassagstdu
09-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Who would have imagined that something as innocent as a weird hat would end up getting two members banned?

Reminds me of the ump who tossed Crede for flipping his bat. Sensible rules have to be enforced, but I respectfully submit that (a) the board is stronger for some diversity in posts -- like "dark clouds"; and (b) arbitrarily banning posters for poking a little fun at mods looks childish to me.

Bye?

noquitter
09-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Reminds me of the ump who tossed Crede for flipping his bat. Sensible rules have to be enforced, but I respectfully submit that (a) the board is stronger for some diversity in posts -- like "dark clouds"; and (b) arbitrarily banning posters for poking a little fun at mods looks childish to me.

Bye?I don't see anything wrong with banning idiots who are here to do nothing but cause trouble. Why should people who spend their own time and money to provide this venue have to put up with constant insults from morons? The fact you would defend such jerks does not reflect well on you at all and indeed makes you appear to be the childish one.

wassagstdu
09-07-2005, 07:15 AM
I don't see anything wrong with banning idiots who are here to do nothing but cause trouble. Why should people who spend their own time and money to provide this venue have to put up with constant insults from morons? The fact you would defend such jerks does not reflect well on you at all and indeed makes you appear to be the childish one.

Just for the record, I did not accuse the mods of being childish, I accused them of a childish action. Not the same thing. Similarly, the banned may or may not be jerks, but what they are banned for is an action. I must admit that I cannot identify a jerk by his posts, and the bans appear to me to be arbitrary and impulsive. The board is not a public facility and they can do what they want, but I have to say the seemingly arbitrary bans generate a tone of obsequious apology for any slightly negative comment that is a bit grating.

miker
09-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Just for the record, I did not accuse the mods of being childish, I accused them of a childish action. Not the same thing. Similarly, the banned may or may not be jerks, but what they are banned for is an action. I must admit that I cannot identify a jerk by his posts, and the bans appear to me to be arbitrary and impulsive. The board is not a public facility and they can do what they want, but I have to say the seemingly arbitrary bans generate a tone of obsequious apology for any slightly negative comment that is a bit grating.
Keep 'em guessing, like Ozzie's management style.

And what does this cap flap thread imply about Hugo Chavez? :D: