PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sweeping The Kittens Post-Game Thread

NSSoxFan
09-04-2005, 05:14 PM
I LUV four game sweeps!

Hey, Dark Clouds, how are you doing? Anything to complain about today?

Magic Number = 18

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

Brian26
Garland dominates, and the magic number is 18!

:winner

ChiSox14305635
Big Jon=:bandance:

4 game sweep=:bandance:

Cleveland losing 2/3 to the Twinkies=:bandance:

Have at it. :bandance:

TheOldRoman
:sweep:sweep:sweep:sweep

Great job today. Garland finally wins #17.
Great D by Ozuna, saved the game.
Division lead - 9.5
Magic Number - 18

SABRSox

:sweep
On to Boston!!!

LongLiveFisk
09-04-2005, 05:15 PM
4-game sweep!! Woo-hoo!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-04-2005, 05:15 PM
3rd 4-game sweep of the season and 3rd 4-hit complete game shutout for JG!! :bandance::supernana::bandance:

elrod
09-04-2005, 05:17 PM
9.5 games up.

cheeses_h_rice
09-04-2005, 05:17 PM
ChiSoxJohn, in case you're still reading this site:

Magic Number = SHRINKING

Division lead = GROWING

ChiSox14305635
09-04-2005, 05:18 PM
There were 5 *official* threads posted at the same time! :rolling:

Wsoxmike59
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. What a Sox-cess, sweeping the Mo-town Kitties and Magglio out of town.

WTG JG, that CG Sh-O will sure help my Fantasy Team too!:D:

whitesoxfan

:indianslose

Jon was dealing today and we had enough offense to win it. A 4 game sweep against the Kitties is just what the doctor ordered. Let's go to Boston tomorrow and beat up on the Carmines.

mjharrison72
09-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Way to shut all those people up and get number 17 in grand style, Garland!
I LOVE sweeping the Tiggers!
Ah, ah, ah!

Optipessimism
We're going to go on another 8 game streak, I can feel it. Maybe we'll even hit 9 or more this time!

flo-B-flo
go go white sox (clap clap clap clap clap):smile:

CYGarland20
09-04-2005, 05:20 PM
I LUV four game sweeps!

Magic Number = 18

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance: Too bad he couldn't K Pena to end it!! :angry: ........................:tongue:

DickAllen72
09-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Great defensive play by Ozuna saving the game today.

Great pitching by Garland when we really needed it.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

DoggPhood
09-04-2005, 05:22 PM
what's the blue hat with the white T that ozzie is wearing during the press conference?

it doesn't look like a normal rangers hat, but is it?

NSSoxFan
09-04-2005, 05:22 PM
What made this game even better was the fact we won a pitchers duel after three straight days of killing Detroit pitching. Bonderman was on, but man was Jon better. Another plus, the defense. I know Pablo has nothing on Crede in the defensive department, but he came up with a great game saving play. On the offensive side, Pods and Iguchi seem to be starting to 'click' again, which hopefully can last a couple months.

The celebration is coming...

cheeses_h_rice
09-04-2005, 05:24 PM
According to my preseason prediction, the Sox will have to go 3-24 for me to be right.

:redface:

SoXPriDe33
09-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Sox Win what a game, way to pitch Jon

Nice defense by Ozuna.

the AL Central better watch it cuz Pods and Iguchi are clicking again

This one's to you JG :gulp:

:supernana: Magic Number = 18 :supernana:

Frankfan4life
09-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Garland was dealing! Pitching, offense and defense getting it done again. Great game!

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 05:27 PM
They've been mercifully silent in September (well, they've had the Rooney situation to gnaw on), but I'm sure we'll hear from a few who see the 2-run output today as a return of our scoring woes. Of course, they'll be completely ignoring the fact that Bonderman is the ace on one of the better pitching staffs in the league.

delben91
09-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Can't say enough great things about Jon.

Now do a job tomorrow Brandon, and then back for the Royals.

Go SOX!

Jurr
09-04-2005, 05:31 PM
According to my preseason prediction, the Sox will have to go 3-24 for me to be right.

Man...I had them at 91 wins and winning the wild card and losing to the Yankees in the first round. How dumb am I? Wild Card?

Good calls:
Paulie (40 bombs)
Hermanson leading in saves (though I only had 24)

Bad Calls:
Vizcaino leading in ERA...Ha.
Pods only having 52 SB.
Contreras with 15 losses.

That's the first time I looked at that. It's fun to test your progostication skills.

Baby Fisk
09-04-2005, 05:34 PM

Magic Number = SHRINKING

Division lead = GROWING
In honour of Cheeses' new sig, the Sox layed down a special track for the Kitties this weekend. It's called "I Wanna Rock Your Body" and then in parentheses: "Till the Break of Dawn". :Rocker:

Mr. White Sox
09-04-2005, 05:44 PM

Magic Number = SHRINKING

Division lead = GROWING

(It's actually ChiSoxBob...but I gotcha :smile:)

PicktoCLick72
09-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Nice game for the Sox. Don't count out JG from the Cy Young talk. Let's take it to Boston.

JimmyJoe
09-04-2005, 05:53 PM
A big thank you to Minnesota. They just beat the Jindians 7-5!!! 9.5 game lead!

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/images/ribroob.jpg

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I LUV four game sweeps!

Magic Number = 18

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

I don't think Tom Skillings has any rain showers in his forecast anytime soon! :bandance:

What a game! Way to show Detroit who their daddy is, Chicago!!!

TornLabrum
09-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Just got back from the game. Two big catches today. Rowands crashing into the fence to save an extra base hit and Ozuna's diving play, saving an potential RBI-producing extra base hit and possibly the game.

Garland looked as good as I've ever seen him. He started the game getting ahead in counts and kept it up all the way through. Terrific game all around.

:hawk

"I luuuuuuuuuuv 2-0 shutouts."

batmanZoSo
09-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Total domination, period. Hell of a great game by Garland and really everyone else throughout the series. I mean 6 runs in 4 games? Come on. Let's stay hot the whole month, pass the 100 win mark and storm into the playoffs.

Sound like a plan? Giggity giggity-goo! Alllllriiiiiight. :cool:

daveeym
09-04-2005, 06:47 PM
A big thank you to Minnesota. They just beat the Jindians 7-5!!! 9.5 game lead!

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/images/ribroob.jpg LOL i don't know what's worse that minivan or the mascots... GO SOX.

knocko94
09-04-2005, 06:51 PM
what's the blue hat with the white T that ozzie is wearing during the press conference?

it doesn't look like a normal rangers hat, but is it?

radio said it was a venezualan team hat

doublem23
09-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Life is good. :D:

Wsoxmike59
09-04-2005, 07:03 PM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/images/ribroob.jpg
CAPTION: White Sox mascots Ribbie and Roobarb join in the looting down in New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The mascots carjacked this mini-van from Cub fans down in the Quarter.

AP Photo By: Joe Isuzu
http://www.abraxasgroup.net/images/Joe_Isuzu.JPG

Jerome
09-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I don't care who the opposition is, a 4 game sweep deserves a :gulp: or 4.

Ol' No. 2
09-04-2005, 07:15 PM
I LUV four game sweeps!

Magic Number = 18

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:Three of those Detroit flyballs went to the warning track. If the wind had been blowing out those would have been home runs and the Sox would have lost.

SoxSpeed22
09-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Awesome job by Garland! Pods, Iguchi and Paulie were all we needed for this one. I'm sure Boston will try as hard as we will tommorow.:redneck

Frater Perdurabo
09-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Just got back from the game. Two big catches today. Rowands crashing into the fence to save an extra base hit and Ozuna's diving play, saving an potential RBI-producing extra base hit and possibly the game.

But I thought defense was overrated in winning baseball games. :redneck

Recent Sox teams, because they were not as good with the gloves, would have lost this game 4-2 (if not by a larger margin).

Pitching and defense DOES win games.

tebman
09-04-2005, 07:27 PM
The best part of this series for me is seeing the renewed energy the Sox have. Don't know what Ozzie put in the Gatorade jug, but whatever it is, it's gotten them out of their funk!

Great game! Great series! Great Googley-Moogley! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Lip Man 1
09-04-2005, 07:39 PM
It's nice to be out of the funk. Magic Number #18, keep it going and clinch as early as possible then starting giving players some occasional time off.

Lip

C-Dawg
09-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Just got home from a great game! Great work by JG and great defense by Rowand, Ozuna, and Konerko.

Marte and Dustin were warming up in the 9th; but it was good to see Jon get the complete game - heck he didn't go over 100 pitches until the 9th anyway. And he had, what, one walk? Way to go JG!

BeviBall!
09-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Nice to win a game the old fashioned way. The bats, pitching and defense are there when needed.

I'd like a win tomorrow, but I'd settle for an injury-free game with a solid outing by B Mac. Thanks to this sweep, this Boston game really means nothing.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Three of those Detroit flyballs went to the warning track. If the wind had been blowing out those would have been home runs and the Sox would have lost.

Wait, you forgot the part about all the sunny skies and pollyannas being wrong to disagree with you, too.

:wink:

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks to this sweep, this Boston game really means nothing.

I disagree. Until we have home field locked up, EVERY game means something. Boston is way too close to us to even think we can rest until that happens.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I disagree. Until we have home field locked up, EVERY game means something. Boston is way too close to us to even think we can rest until that happens.

The Sox are 4 up in the loss column. Boston owns the season series regardless of tomorrow's outcome, currently 4 wins to 2.

Home field advantage isn't quite so big a deal in MLB, especially since it's nearly impossible for the Sox to meet Boston until the ALCS. That means the Sox have to win *6* postseason games before the home-field advantage even comes into play.

Home-field advantage through the playoffs is a "nice" to have, but definitely not a "need" to have.

Chisox003
09-04-2005, 08:22 PM
These post game threads are shrinking with every consecutive win....

Anyone who doesnt know the result of the game could just come to WSI and look at the total number of responses to the post game thread, and not only know the result of THIS game but the result of 3 or 4 games before it

And I loooooove short post game threads, thats for sure :gulp:

HITMEN OF 77
09-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Great win for the team. This pretty much seals the deal on the Al Central Crown. Great job by Garland! Sign Konerko now!!

PAPChiSox729
09-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Again I missed the game but it sounded like Garland was on his game (Duh!). Anyways, great series, now lets go get the Red Sox tommorrow. Time for the rookie to show up old man Schilling!!

:)

LuvSox
09-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Just got back from the game, finally. :gulp:

Big John was ON today!!!!!

Crash Rowand with the leather!!!!!

I LUV the Sox!

SOXSINCE'70
09-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Great defensive play by Ozuna saving the game today.

Great pitching by Garland when we really needed it.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

It was even mentioned as a "Web Gem" on ESPN on BBTN.
And Harold Reynolds,the last palyer to make an out at Old
Comiskey,was quoted as saying (i'm paraphrasing here)"Watch out for this team.They smell the finish line and are turning it on at the right time".

On the negative side,I heard know it all Steve Phillips admit on ESPN radio
that even though it pains him,his A.L. Mgr. of the year was Ozzie.:angry:

Guess it's kind of like a Chicago song;
"Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry".

Some people just don't want to admit they're
wrong.Oh,well. Screw him.:tongue: :tongue:

FielderJones
09-04-2005, 08:58 PM
These post game threads are shrinking with every consecutive win....

There, I fixed that for you. :tongue:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-04-2005, 09:04 PM
There, I fixed that for you. :tongue:

Sunny skies and Pollyannas are GROWING, too!

hose
09-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Actually the dark clouds were a welcome site today. They blocked out some of the sun at the game.:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

:sweep :party:

Wsoxmike59
09-04-2005, 09:17 PM

According to my predictions the Sox would have to start giving back about 10 wins from today's total to make me correct.
http://images.suntimes.com/images4/columnists/mariotti.jpg

J.J. Mariotti

Oh well I can still write columns how they'll fold in the playoffs.

PeteWard
09-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Home-field advantage through the playoffs is a "nice" to have, but definitely not a "need" to have.

OK but make that "very nice" because Boston is extremely tough at home and rotten on the road

Boston Home: 46-20
Boston Road: 34-35

If the Sox clinch soon it also gives them something to play for, which will help them stay sharp entering the playoffs.

TornLabrum
09-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Wait, you forgot the part about all the sunny skies and pollyannas being wrong to disagree with you, too.

He also forgot that these wins weren't real wins because they were only against the Tigers.

soxjim
09-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Way to go SOX. Who is next?:sweep

BigEdWalsh
09-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Even the Dark Cloud references are Shrinking.

voodoochile
09-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Simple and to the point...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

*souhd of hammer working*

chisoxmike
09-04-2005, 10:45 PM

:indianslose
:sweep :sweep :sweep :sweep

Get game to be at, the crowd erupted for the final out of the game. It's very obvious that everyone is getting in the clinch/playoff spirit!!!

LETS GO WHITE SOX (clap clap clap clap clap)

bafiarocks03
09-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Alright Guys...Here we go!! Ok I went to the game today! and it was awesome! 1) We Won! 2) I met Willie Harris again!! I went to WIllie's line right.. For Kid's Day, practically sat on his lap to take the picture! told him how happy i was that he was back, and how i mised him..and he's like awww thanks sweetie!! and My I Love WIllie got on the *tron* again..and then in the parking lot..Willie was leaving in his awesomely pimping car..and i was holding my sign, and he pointed to me..like i remember you! and i waved..and almost died right there!! Yah! Did anyone see me on the Jumbo Tron!? During the 7th inning stretch! My I love Willie got on..My sis was holding *scotties Hotties* and my friend was holding Podsednik's Pals! and we all got on there! and then they showed us again! And when scotty scored the 1st run, her Podsednik's Pals one got on TV!!!!! 3) I got the pen and marker that Ozzie Guillen used to sign! haha thanks to Daniel!! so ya!! It was soooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Alright Guys...Here we go!! Ok I went to the game today! and it was awesome! 1) We Won! 2) I met Willie Harris again!! I went to WIllie's line right.. For Kid's Day, practically sat on his lap to take the picture! told him how happy i was that he was back, and how i mised him..and he's like awww thanks sweetie!! and My I Love WIllie got on the *tron* again..and then in the parking lot..Willie was leaving in his awesomely pimping car..and i was holding my sign, and he pointed to me..like i remember you! and i waved..and almost died right there!! Yah! Did anyone see me on the Jumbo Tron!? During the 7th inning stretch! My I love Willie got on..My sis was holding *scotties Hotties* and my friend was holding Podsednik's Pals! and we all got on there! and then they showed us again! And when scotty scored the 1st run, her Podsednik's Pals one got on TV!!!!! 3) I got the pen and marker that Ozzie Guillen used to sign! haha thanks to Daniel!! so ya!! It was soooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

One thing I've gotta say is that I admire your enthusiasm...

tebman
09-04-2005, 11:35 PM
One thing I've gotta say is that I admire your enthusiasm...
So do I -- don't ever lose that, BR03! You'll live a long and happy life.

Enjoy the ride! :cool:

Lip Man 1
09-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I wonder what's going to happen when Harris is kept off the post season roster?

Lip

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Lip

god i don't even want to think about it

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Bafiarocks = :mg::(::whiner::mad::angry::cuss::bs::tsk::thud:

HITMEN OF 77
09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Bafiarocks = :mg::(::whiner::mad::angry::cuss::bs::tsk::thud:

LMAO!! :rolling:

DumpJerry
09-05-2005, 02:46 AM
I just got PM's from the Dark Cloud "crowd." They are distressed over the fact that despite winning four in a row, Sox batters are averaging three outs per inning.......:?:

Nellie_Fox
09-05-2005, 03:00 AM
http://tuffley.hispeed.com/red_bay/images/red_bay_rainbow.jpg

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun shiny day

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been prayin' for
Sun shiny day

Look all around, there's nothin' but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin' but blue skies

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
Sun shiny day

OEO Magglio
09-05-2005, 03:19 AM
You are by far my favorite poster.

Nellie_Fox
09-05-2005, 03:41 AM
You are by far my favorite poster.A cyber-age pickup line?