PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Series schedule

rainbow6
09-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I had heard on the radio (Mac,Jerko and Harry) that the White Sox first round series would consist of games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and, if necessary, the weekend.

This seems pecular given that the first two games would be at home...

I'm going to assume the worst possible scenario - all of our games are shown in the afternoon - so I'd like schedule vacation on the days we are playing.

If anyone can clarify this it would be much appreciated.

Luke

ChiSoxRowand
09-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I had heard on the radio (Mac,Jerko and Harry) that the White Sox first round series would consist of games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and, if necessary, the weekend.

This seems pecular given that the first two games would be at home...

I'm going to assume the worst possible scenario - all of our games are shown in the afternoon - so I'd like schedule vacation on the days we are playing.

If anyone can clarify this it would be much appreciated.

Luke

That is wrong, unless they changed the format for this year. We will either have games Tue, thur, sat, sun, mon or Wed, thur, sat, sun, mon. I hope we don't get stuck with all day games.

Hangar18
09-04-2005, 02:17 PM
That is wrong, unless they changed the format for this year. We will either have games Tue, thur, sat, sun, mon or Wed, thur, sat, sun, mon. I hope we don't get stuck with all day games.

Remember in 2000, the SOX despite best record in the AL, were shoved into
the 3pm start time, for all their games, and many werent able to watch,
myself included. I had to listen to all the games on the radio :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

the yankees were given the best time slots, having all their games at NITE,
and in primetime.

The Cubs? theyre "magical" season of 2003 saw them in primetime of course. I believe the same happened when they won the "wild card championship" in 1998, they were able to get all nite games. Dont see any reason why the SOX will be on primetime .........

Whitesox4ever
09-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I have a strong feeling we will be playing the yankees in the 1st round.. So im sure most of our games will be at night

SOXSINCE'70
09-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I have a strong feeling we will be playing the yankees in the 1st round.. So im sure most of our games will be at night

IMHO,the Sox match up better against the Yankmees and Halos
as opposed to Billy Beane's "MoneyBall" team,who have yet to
win a playoff series and escape the first round since 2000.

MarySwiss
09-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Because I'm superstitious, this is what I think will happen:

* Sox will start their ALDS series on Tuesday, October 4th (which is Mr. MarySwiss's and my 30th wedding anniversary)

* Sox will go for the sweep on Saturday, October 8th (which is when we are hosting our 30th anniversary party)

So it's entirely possible that I will be totally ignoring our guests, or more likely forcing them to watch the game and root along with me. (This could be a lot of fun, as there will be both Tribe and Yankmees fans in attendance, not to mention my ex-Flubs fan spouse.)

Wheee! Has this been a great summer or what?

whitesoxfan
09-04-2005, 04:27 PM
if the Sox play the Yanks, there's no doubt we'll be on primetime.

ChiSoxRowand
09-04-2005, 04:57 PM
IMHO,the Sox match up better against the Yankmees and Halos
as opposed to Billy Beane's "MoneyBall" team,who have yet to
win a playoff series and escape the first round since 2000.

Actually, they haven't won a first round series since 90'.

Lip Man 1
09-04-2005, 06:55 PM
According to Ozzie the schedule has games on Tuesday, Wednesday, off, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Standard stuff for the ALDS.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2005, 07:04 PM
The Cubs? theyre "magical" season of 2003 saw them in primetime of course. I believe the same happened when they won the "wild card championship" in 1998, they were able to get all nite games. Dont see any reason why the SOX will be on primetime .........

That's probably because they were playing the Braves in both scenarios. The Braves get the Yankee treatment of the NL.

soxwon
09-05-2005, 06:25 PM

i have tix for all 3 opening round games.
And i have absolutely no vacation time left, no sick days left either.
and my boss is a CUBS FAN.
They sure as Hell better not be day games.

soxwon
09-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Anyone hear when tickets to the public will go on sale?

when was it in 2000?

ChiSoxRowand
09-05-2005, 06:38 PM
That's probably because they were playing the Braves in both scenarios. The Braves get the Yankee treatment of the NL.

Actually, the Braves always get stuck with day games. They get the complete opposite treatment of the Yankees.

soxwon
09-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Actually, the Braves always get stuck with day games. They get the complete opposite treatment of the Yankees.

i see it as the wsox vs ny yanks or wsox-rsox
those games surely will be night games!!!

Chips
09-05-2005, 07:34 PM
i have tix for all 3 opening round games.
And i have absolutely no vacation time left, no sick days left either.
and my boss is a CUBS FAN.
They sure as Hell better not be day games.

I also have tickets for all three games
I have no vaction period as of yet, no sick days
But my boss is a Sox fan.

I hope he gives me the time off if they are day games. I am asking him tomorrow.

SOXSINCE'70
09-05-2005, 07:37 PM
the yankees were given the best time slots, having all their games at NITE,
and in primetime.

This is why Sox fans,sadly,have to root for the Yankmees to
win the WC.If they do,all ALDS games will be in primetime.
I would appreciate this as I get off work at 5:30 on Monday and
Wednesday,and 6:30 on Tuesday and Thursday.My manager does
this so everyone can leave at 3:30 on Friday.

Fuller_Schettman
09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
How would the ALDS work? Two on the road, then three at home?

Nyls Nyman
09-05-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm not going to be able to watch any day game in the first round on TV except maybe Friday if it's a 3pm start. :( I'm going to miss Saturday's game completely unless it's a 12:05pm start in which case I can watch it at the Red Carpet Club at O'Hare. :(

PeteWard
09-05-2005, 08:58 PM
How would the ALDS work? Two on the road, then three at home?

2-2-1

soxwon
09-05-2005, 09:01 PM
2-2-1

so that means we will most likely be home oct 4 & 5 & mon the 10th?

Palehose13
09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Not to be an ass and rub it in, but I don't care when the games are. I'm off from Oct. 3 - Oct. 24. I looove year round school!

Ok...I'm an ass. Sorry. :redface:

samram
09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Not to be an ass and rub it in, but I don't care when the games are. I'm off from Oct. 3 - Oct. 24. I looove year round school!

Ok...I'm an ass. Sorry. :redface:

Nah, you're doing a lot of good. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch any game until October 15th no matter what time or day they start. I just hope they're still playing at that time.

cleanwsox
09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
For anybody with MLB.TV knowledge, do you know if your season package goes into the postseason? If the games are in the afternoon, I can catch some of the game at work.

ChiSoxRowand
09-06-2005, 12:46 AM
For anybody with MLB.TV knowledge, do you know if your season package goes into the postseason? If the games are in the afternoon, I can catch some of the game at work.

I don't have MLB.tv, but I highly doubt if the package goes into the postseason. They black out all nationally televised regular season games, so i'm sure they would black out the postseason games.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-06-2005, 02:05 AM

Yes though they may be blacked out (radio subscriber since inception, first year MLB.tv subscriber (first year with DSL)). Radio live for sure - TV may be live. Achieves are definitely available.

PeteWard
09-06-2005, 03:05 AM
so that means we will most likely be home oct 4 & 5 & mon the 10th?

You don't think it will take 5 games to beat New York or LA do you? :D:

longshot7
09-06-2005, 01:33 PM
This is why Sox fans,sadly,have to root for the Yankmees to
win the WC.If they do,all ALDS games will be in primetime.
I would appreciate this as I get off work at 5:30 on Monday and
Wednesday,and 6:30 on Tuesday and Thursday.My manager does
this so everyone can leave at 3:30 on Friday.

Not necessarily. The best matchup will be the primetime game and right now the two AL series look like Sox v Yankees and Angels v Red Sox. If you were programming, wouldn't you put the World Champs and Vlad Guerrero in primetime instead of the so-so Yankees and the "under the radar" White Sox?

mikehuff
09-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Not necessarily. The best matchup will be the primetime game and right now the two AL series look like Sox v Yankees and Angels v Red Sox. If you were programming, wouldn't you put the World Champs and Vlad Guerrero in primetime instead of the so-so Yankees and the "under the radar" White Sox?
I thought of that too. The Red Sox winning the World Series last year really skews this their way.

D. TODD
09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Not necessarily. The best matchup will be the primetime game and right now the two AL series look like Sox v Yankees and Angels v Red Sox. If you were programming, wouldn't you put the World Champs and Vlad Guerrero in primetime instead of the so-so Yankees and the "under the radar" White Sox?It's all about the market New York & Chicago would trump Boston & L.A. in my opinion. Higher ratings from the guaranteed percentage of hometown viewers. The quality of the teams is secondary to the amount of people who will watch.

longshot7
09-06-2005, 02:48 PM
It's all about the market New York & Chicago would trump Boston & L.A. in my opinion. Higher ratings from the guaranteed percentage of hometown viewers. The quality of the teams is secondary to the amount of people who will watch.

Good point. Anyone know what number media market Boston is? 6?

Mots09
09-06-2005, 02:49 PM
called the box office today and they said tickets will go on sale for non season ticket holders sometime either the 2 or 3 week of September. I am thinking that it has to be on a Saturday so either 9/10 or 9/17

anyone have an exact date?

Ol' No. 2
09-06-2005, 02:51 PM
called the box office today and they said tickets will go on sale for non season ticket holders sometime either the 2 or 3 week of September. I am thinking that it has to be on a Saturday so either 9/10 or 9/17

anyone have an exact date?I'd bet on Sept 17. They're out of town that day so it won't interfere with the game box office.

Mots09
09-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the the insight

longshot7
09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Good point. Anyone know what number media market Boston is? 6?

I did some research - they're 5th, behind New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Philadelphia. If the decision which game to air in primetime is based solely on these numbers, then the Sox have a good chance. Markets 1 & 3 should beat 2 & 5. But if the decision considers things like the Red Sox being the defending World Champs plus Vlad Guerrero's starpower, then we'll see.....

Personally, I vote for the Sox games at night, as I'm going to the Angels games - and want to leave work early on those days.

Fenway
09-06-2005, 06:13 PM
FOX is the power broker here.

A MAJOR consideration is how much the local FOX station can sell in LOCAL advertising.

While Chicago is the third market, my guess is Boston's WFXT can command more for a spot than WFLD given the ratings of both the White Sox and Red Sox.

Still unknow is the chance that #4 Philadelphia could be in play ( in all cases FOX owns the local stations )

If the Yankees get in they once again may get the first game on WNYW.

Market breakdown
http://www.nielsenmedia.com/DMAs.html