PDA

View Full Version : Bartman statue inside Cell? Reader View at Cubune's website...

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2005, 02:31 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/cs-0509030175sep03,1,3996611.story?coll=cs-sports-print

This had me in stitches for a while!!!

PAPChiSox729
09-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Haha. Good stuff. Personally, I think a Bartman statue made of those wristbands would be hilarious.

:redneck

DumpJerry
09-04-2005, 08:41 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56752

We beat them to it.

C-Dawg
09-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Since I've always enjoyed a Cubs loss as much as a White Sox win, I would just like to say, "Thanks, Cubs, for a great year."

Ugh there's that old stereotype again that we care about what the Cubs do.

Mr. White Sox
09-04-2005, 11:18 AM

That's why they used the article, of course. :wink:

Wsoxmike59
09-04-2005, 12:04 PM
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=2509342&cdi=0

And of course we all know Cub fans couldn't care less about the Sox (except when they play head to head)

Which explains why a cubbie fan is holding this sign up at U.S. Cellular Field during a WHITE SOX VS TWINS GAME!!!! (See Link Above)

Hey buddy, got a quick question for you. How'd that 2003 World Series thing work out for you guys?? :D:

http://kahlerweb.com/misc/bartman/security.jpg

SouthSide_HitMen
09-04-2005, 12:48 PM

Yeah I agree - I like when they lose but the only item I want to see regarding the cubs in Comiskey Park is something to do with the 1906 World Series (it would be nice if JR could put up the 1901 & 1906 flags again). Actually outside of the statute part it was ok.

CLR01
09-04-2005, 01:19 PM

Take a look around this place, how many threads get started about the Cubs or their fans everyday? Way to many people here have an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs and their fans.

Soxfanspcu11
09-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Take a look around this place, how many threads get started about the Cubs or their fans everyday? Way to many people here have an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs and their fans.

Thats just because Cubs fans are really just bad people. I have always been a sox fan but I USED to root for the Cubs if they did well too, until probably about 8 years ago when I realized that Cubs fans are just mean-spirited people who root against the sox no matter what and will go out of their way to critcize the Sox. The only reason their is an "obsession" is because they are horrible people and have cold hearts. They have made me hate that franchise and everything they stand for as much as I hate the packers as a Bears fan.

Wsoxmike59
09-04-2005, 03:35 PM

The other side of that coin, the media in this town has an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs and have shoved them down the people's throats here ever since 1969 or 1984, take your pick.

It's the lack of respect that the Sox and their fans get in this town that puts the chip on people's shoulders. Once the Sox get a fair shake from the print and electronic media in this town will be the day I end my Cubbie Hating Ways!

SouthSide_HitMen
09-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Thats just because Cubs fans are really just bad people. I have always been a sox fan but I USED to root for the Cubs if they did well too, until probably about 8 years ago when I realized that Cubs fans are just mean-spirited people who root against the sox no matter what and will go out of their way to critcize the Sox. The only reason their is an "obsession" is because they are horrible people and have cold hearts. They have made me hate that franchise and everything they stand for as much as I hate the packers as a Bears fan.

I have always had a good natured relationship with my Cub fans - we would tease each other but nothing violent or stupid.

Bud The Pud's interleague scheme, however, made the fan bases hate each other. There should be no interleague - it cheapens the game, creates an unbalanced schedule which is exacerbated with the bogus wild card spot.

I think things turned ugly after interleague games were introduced and for what - to throw a few extra bucks onto the owner's ledger? It is a disgrace.

The teams had a charity crosstown classic for many years which was better - money was raised for charity and people didn't get so crazy with the game being an exhibition. Outside of the Chicago, Los Angeles, Bay Area and New York the "rivalries" are pretty lame. Attendance is up anyway in June when the games are played. Play these games in mid April and outside of my few examples lets see how much fans really give a rats behind about these games.

C-Dawg
09-04-2005, 07:11 PM

Sure that's because we have a few extremists here. :wink:

Wsoxmike59
09-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Sure that's because we have a few extremists here. :wink:

I declare a baseball jihad against the infidels known as cub fans. May the fleas of 1000 camels infest their armpits!!:angry:

J/K :D:

C-Dawg
09-04-2005, 07:34 PM
I declare a baseball jihad against the infidels known as cub fans. May the fleas of 1000 camels infest their armpits!!:angry:

J/K :D:

Post of the Week!

:gulp:

Optipessimism
09-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Bud The Pud's interleague scheme, however, made the fan bases hate each other. There should be no interleague - it cheapens the game, creates an unbalanced schedule which is exacerbated with the bogus wild card spot.

I like interleague play, but I wish they would do 2 things:

1. Move the Pirates out of the NL Central into the AL Central and move KC into the AL West (or something similar) to create 6 5-team divisions

2. Balance interleague play out so each team plays one three game series against every team in the opposing division, for example we play every team in the NL Central. I would really like to see a Sox-BrewCrew series, a Sox-Houston series, and a Sox-Cards series.

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2005, 01:46 AM
1. Move the Pirates out of the NL Central into the AL Central and move KC into the AL West (or something similar) to create 6 5-team divisions.

That would be impossible, as one team in each league would have to have an entire series length of "off" days.

StillMissOzzie
09-05-2005, 01:47 AM
...I would really like to see a Sox-BrewCrew series, a Sox-Houston series, and a Sox-Cards series.

That one will be called the World Series...

But I really hope that it's NOT a pipe dream!

SMO
:gulp:

chitownhawkfan
09-05-2005, 03:06 AM

Whats wrong with caring if the Cubs lose or not? By seeing all of those people who I generally dont like unhappy, it makes me happy. If people think that makes me less of a Sox fan, so be it. Plus with the propaganda laden media both nationally and locally, and the level of doucheness amongst their fans, how can I just ignore them. So yes, while watching the Sox games, I will flip to the flubs during commercials hoping they are losing.

And when it comes to baseball, we've got two favorite clubs
the Go Go White Sox, and whoever plays the Cubs.

Frater Perdurabo
09-05-2005, 08:03 AM
That would be impossible, as one team in each league would have to have an entire series length of "off" days.

Not necessarily. MLB could and should schedule interleague series throughout the year instead of clustering all of them in late May and June.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-05-2005, 08:12 AM

1. Move the Pirates out of the NL Central into the AL Central and move KC into the AL West (or something similar) to create 6 5-team divisions

2. Balance interleague play out so each team plays one three game series against every team in the opposing division, for example we play every team in the NL Central. I would really like to see a Sox-BrewCrew series, a Sox-Houston series, and a Sox-Cards series.

You can't have #1 and #2, too. The interleague schedule would stretch virtually the full six months of the season because you've chosen to place 15 teams in two leagues. That's an odd number and you need an even number of teams (2) to play a baseball game.

Try again. There are countless ideas already posted on this subject. Pretty much everyone hates the current system.

Frater Perdurabo
09-05-2005, 09:01 AM
There are countless ideas already posted on this subject.

Would the above statement be a clandestine yet still shameless self-promotion?!? (an idea that I'm on the record as supporting, as you know!)
:wink:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Would the above statement be a clandestine yet still shameless self-promotion?!? (an idea that I'm on the record as supporting, as you know!)

Moi? Clandestine? Surely you jest.

:wink:

FielderJones
09-05-2005, 11:19 AM
You can't have #1 and #2, too. The interleague schedule would stretch virtually the full six months of the season because you've chosen to place 15 teams in two leagues. That's an odd number and you need an even number of teams (2) to play a baseball game.

Not virtually. The entire season would have to include interleague play to avoid teams sitting idle. If you figure about 54 three-game series per season, divided by 14, you need 3-4 interleague series per season. This would really pose an interesting scheduling challenge.

Hangar18
09-07-2005, 10:54 AM

Heres a novel idea. Put the Brewers BACK in the AL

gaelhound
09-07-2005, 10:47 PM
The other side of that coin, the media in this town has an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs and have shoved them down the people's throats here ever since 1969 or 1984, take your pick.

It's the lack of respect that the Sox and their fans get in this town that puts the chip on people's shoulders. Once the Sox get a fair shake from the print and electronic media in this town will be the day I end my Cubbie Hating Ways!
Having the largest radio station, television station, and newspaper, in my home town slight my favorite team my whole life long: Thats not a chip on my shoulder, it is a REDWOOD! I hate the cubs and their fans! Their suffering cheers me. I want them bulldozed, forgotten, and puppy walked on. The cubs and their fans shame Chicago every year. It is despicable and I will not be denied my double joy of Sox success, and cub futility.

HotelWhiteSox
09-07-2005, 11:51 PM
For one of the playoffs series, Brooks should sit down one of the lines in the first row with headphones, glasses, and a Sox hat! Any one have that email addy handy?

RadioheadRocks
09-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Heres a novel idea. Put the Brewers BACK in the AL

I'll second that... the Brewers belong back in the AL. Seriously how cool was it to road trip up to Milwaukee for Sox-Brewers games? We had so many Sox fans who made the trip that the games seemed to be road games merely by technicality. :D:

A_ROW33
09-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Having the largest radio station, television station, and newspaper, in my home town slight my favorite team my whole life long: Thats not a chip on my shoulder, it is a REDWOOD! I hate the cubs and their fans! Their suffering cheers me. I want them bulldozed, forgotten, and puppy walked on. The cubs and their fans shame Chicago every year. It is despicable and I will not be denied my double joy of Sox success, and cub futility.

I think that it is time for the nation to realize something and sox fans should be the first to realize it: The Cubs are a Joke, literally, it's hillarious to watch them find ways to botch games, come on tell me them losing a game because Hawkins' pickoff attempt hit polonco's helmet and jetisoned into the seats isn't hillarious. Their consistant futility is laughable, so take the cubs for what they're worth a good laugh now and then.

1951Campbell
09-09-2005, 08:12 AM

Interesting to bring the Bears into this. You know chances are you'll be high-fiving a Cubs fan in your section when you're at a Bears game and the Bears make a great play, right? Cubs fans go to Bears games too, right?

I've made my peace with the fact that I'm a Packers fan who hangs with Bears fans in the summer. "Just bad people" is a little strong, don't you think? "Horrible people"? Yikes.