PDA

View Full Version : Shingo Loses the Game for the Mets

Unregistered
09-03-2005, 09:30 PM
I turned on the Mets game just in time to see Shingo give a bases-loaded, bases CLEARING double to Miguel Cabrera to put the Mets down 5-4 in the 7th inning. None of the runs were earned, but it feels like they should when the the relief pitcher comes in and right away gives up every inherited runner on base.

Keep your head up, Shingo...

Optipessimism
09-03-2005, 10:09 PM
I turned on the Mets game just in time to see Shingo give a bases-loaded, bases CLEARING double to Miguel Cabrera to put the Mets down 5-4 in the 7th inning. None of the runs were earned, but it feels like they should when the the relief pitcher comes in and right away gives up every inherited runner on base.

Keep your head up, Shingo...

I feel bad for Shingo, but go Fish!

batmanZoSo
09-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Hold your head up..whooooooooa..hold your head up..whoooooooooa.

Frankfan4life
09-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Better he do it there than here. Sorry, Shingo. :(:

BigEdWalsh
09-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Hold your head up..whooooooooa..hold your head up..whoooooooooa.

And if it's bad
Don't let it get you down, you can take it
And if it hurts
Don't let them see you cry, you can make it

Hold your head up, whooooooa, hold your head up
whooooooa, hold your head up, whoooooooa, hold your head high

Hang in there, Shingo!!!

SOXSINCE'70
09-04-2005, 01:22 AM
A Lot of Argent fans on this thread,eh??

"Hold Your Head Up" was a top 20 hit for the group
Argent,led by Rod Argent in 1972.Argent's first claim to fame
came 8 years earlier when,as a member of the Zombies,
he wrote his first song.It went to # 1 both here and in
the UK. The title: "She's Not There".He later wrote and
recorded "Tell Her No" and"Time Of The Season" with
the Zombies.Both landed in the Billboard top 10 singles
chart.Hang in there,Shingo.I'll struggle right along with you.

To quote an old R and B band,The 5 Stairsteps,
"Ooh, child,things are gonna get easier.Ooh,child,
things will get brighter".

Enough Rock (or pop) school for the night!:D:

HotelWhiteSox
09-04-2005, 01:32 AM
It was his debut as well

OEO Magglio
09-04-2005, 01:47 AM
:(: Good luck Shingo, bounce back strong.

batmanZoSo
09-04-2005, 04:06 AM

Not really, I'm just familiar withe 97.1 the Drive's occasional lineup. :redface::tongue:

voodoochile
09-04-2005, 09:13 AM

The Santana version of She's Not There from Moonflower is one of the great hard rock guitar solo's of all time. Raw power unleashed - Carlos at his best...

ChiSoxRowand
09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I hope Shingo gets lit up. He could have stayed with us and got a ring.

SOXSINCE'70
09-04-2005, 03:23 PM
The Santana version of She's Not There from Moonflower is one of the great hard rock guitar solo's of all time. Raw power unleashed - Carlos at his best...

Argent was quoted some time ago as saying that Santana's
version was his favorite.Hard to argue the solo.Raw,emotional
power.Definitely a Santana highlight.:cool:

SOXSINCE'70
09-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Not really, I'm just familiar withe 97.1 the Drive's occasional lineup. :redface::tongue:

Which is not a bad thing.:cool:

Timo4pres7
09-04-2005, 05:32 PM
I hope Shingo gets lit up. He could have stayed with us and got a ring. you can't blame him for leaving. I would want to stay in the majors too.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Won't he still get a ring if we win the World Series, since he was a contributor for part of the season?

Or, if you're assuming he would have been called back up in September and actually pitched in the Series, who do you remove from the bullpen to make room? And don't say David Sanders, 'cuz Shingo's not a lefty.

ChiSoxRowand
09-04-2005, 05:56 PM
you can't blame him for leaving. I would want to stay in the majors too.

He would have got called up in September.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 05:59 PM
He would have got called up in September.
I won't quote myself, so just read the second part of the post before yours (#15).

Mr. White Sox
09-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Won't he still get a ring if we win the World Series, since he was a contributor for part of the season?

I believe that it's the owner's choice on who gets the rings...I'm not sure though.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I believe that it's the owner's choice on who gets the rings...I'm not sure though.
Could be, since the giddy Red Sox owners seemingly gave rings to anyone who's ever used the words "Red" or "Sox" in a sentence.

For example, I once said, "I read somewhere that it's a good idea to bring an extra pair of socks when camping," and they sent me a World Series ring!

Chips
09-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Shingos has no more control, he should be out of baseball.

Optipessimism
09-04-2005, 06:34 PM

Shingo was with the team for about half of the season or more. Doesn't he still get a ring anyway if we win?

I'm a little confused about the whole who gets a ring process after the BlowSox gave rings to everybody.

C-Dawg
09-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I dunno, but it seems like the Sox may be distancing themselves from Shingo considering I noticed they edited out his appearance in the pre-game video and replaced it with a pic of the old brick facade of Comiskey Park.

Unregistered
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I dunno, but it seems like the Sox may be distancing themselves from Shingo considering I noticed they edited out his appearance in the pre-game video and replaced it with a pic of the old brick facade of Comiskey Park.
Seems to make sense considering, you know, that he isn't part of the team anymore. But maybe that's just me... :cool:

YourWhatHurts
09-05-2005, 09:01 PM
gotta feel bad for him

how come hes not effective even in the NL where they havnt really seen his stuff? i thought the only problem with shingo here was that everyone had already seen the frisbee and werent surpised by it anymore

noquitter
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
gotta feel bad for him

how come hes not effective even in the NL where they havnt really seen his stuff? i thought the only problem with shingo here was that everyone had already seen the frisbee and werent surpised by it anymoreIt looked like Shingo's problem was control related more that anything when he was still with the Sox.

JB98
09-05-2005, 09:38 PM
It looked like Shingo's problem was control related more that anything when he was still with the Sox.

I agree. It was a popular misconception around here that "the league was catching up to Shingo." Really, it had little to do with that. Not too many pitchers can survive in the big leagues when they are 2-0, 3-1, ball four on every batter. That was the main problem.

Daver
09-05-2005, 09:53 PM
I agree. It was a popular misconception around here that "the league was catching up to Shingo." Really, it had little to do with that. Not too many pitchers can survive in the big leagues when they are 2-0, 3-1, ball four on every batter. That was the main problem.

His main problem is mental, if he doesn't think what he is throwing works, it doesn't.

C-Dawg
09-06-2005, 09:01 AM
....I noticed they edited out his appearance in the pre-game video and replaced it with a pic of the old brick facade of Comiskey Park.

Well I'm half right. The clip of Shingo, and one right afterwards that looked like Ted Klezuski, have been replaced with a new clip that looks like Iguchi (or possibly Frank) and another old pic of Big Klu. For those watching closely, look for the segment where Bo Jackson rides in on the motorcycle they presented to Carlton Fisk, followed by a pic of someone I can't recognize, followed by Mark Buehrle, followed by a really old team photo from early 1900s. Right after that was where the Shingo segment was.

I feel like I'm decoding the JFK film! LOL But if Shingo's being disrespected we'll know for sure!

:wink:

Rooney4Prez56
09-06-2005, 11:32 AM
shingo sucks, yes you are correct. Hes no dustin, but you know how many times i listened to "koch blew it in the 9th, sox lose" last year??? thats right... shut up ur winning NL C

(from a Cub fan)

PatK
09-06-2005, 11:51 AM

That's absolutely correct.

That "catching up" theory is a ton of nonsense. There are pitchers that have made careers out of changeups. Some of them didn't (or don't) throw their fastball as hard as Shingo does. Why has't Foulke been run out of the league?

It's all about control. When you fall behind 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 constantly and can't control your junk pitches, everyone knows the only pitch heading to the strike zone is a meatball.