PDA

View Full Version : The Sox will be World Champs 2005!

bruce1
09-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Ok guys, I was only 9 years old when the Sox last went to the World Series in '59. And they lost. :angry: My father, was born in 1923, and never saw the Sox become World Champs. :mad: And he was a die hard fan all his life.
I would say that the time is now here for this to happen.

I still fly the '59 Sox AL pennant in my garage that my Dad had bought that year.:D:

Go Sox!

Regards:

Bruce1

PushnThaEscalade
09-03-2005, 03:35 PM
We still have a lot of work to do before we say that, not to diminish your hopes or anything, but i agree, we need to win the World Series for all the fans that have sat through years upon years of mediocrity and disappointment. Everyone on this board will be euphoric beyond belief when this happens.

bruce1
09-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes, there is a lot of work remaining.............!

Just getting to the series is huge.
Winning it..... by alll means, would even more unbelievable.....!
But....the city of Chicago and their great Sox fans deserve it!

Bruce1

PushnThaEscalade
09-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I dont think anyone on this board will accept just a pennant. Everyone from the Front Office, to the Players and Coaches, to the Fans have one thing on their minds, to win the World Series for the first time since 1917. I want to celebrate like a damn fool at Grant Park, and it will be a great feeling to be there knowing that 88 years of mediocrity don't mean a damn thing when we all see that golden trophy.

bruce1
09-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Ditto.................

:bigklu

my5thbench
09-03-2005, 05:01 PM
ya' got me bruce, I was only 8 in '59....my 1st year of little league &

my dear ol' dad was born in '24, he was a Navy man in the war & a Sox

fan....he was on the road selling beer during the week day games of that

world series so mom & I listened on the radio & danced in the living

room as the Sox won a game

methinks this 2 & 0 start to September is a wake up & the Sox

realize what a great chance that they have...Ozzie has 'em with

their eye on the prize

we are going to have one helluva' a fun October...just keep pitchin'!

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXX

Frankfan4life
09-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I hope another generation won't go by before the Sox win a World Series. I was six years old in 1959. I remember hearing the sirens when the Sox won the pennant. Baseball was always on the television or the radio in my house. My father and I used to talk for hours about the Sox. I'm happy that at least he got to experience what it's like for the Sox to be in a World Series. I've raised my son and grandson to be Sox fans and, unlike my father and me, I want to experience a World Series White Sox victory with them.

I remember how much fun it was when the Bears won the Super Bowl in 1986. Even though I was not a rabid Bears fan, Nevertheless, I got caught up in the season. It was a magical time. I also remember the first Bulls championship in 1991. I was driving my son and his friends in my car that night; we honked the horn and shouted out through the sky light. I'll never forget that day. None of those victories would come close to how I would feel about a White Sox World Series win. I'm hoping and praying that this is the year.

PushnThaEscalade
09-03-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm hoping and praying that this is the year.

We all hope and pray. I think this year we should EXPECT to win it all

bruce1
09-03-2005, 05:48 PM
ya' got me bruce, I was only 8 in '59....

Indeed, there are a lot of us out there, and I am here still waiting for a championship, but I am not in Chicago, I am here in California now.

My wish: The Sox and Padres in the Series! :D: I could see the series here.
Man, sounds like a dream....But it could happen....

Then the Sox would win in 5 of course! And my youngest son, now 8 yrs old could see the Sox win! My Dad would be so happy and proud!

I can hear the old siren from here!:bandance:

Bruce1

MarySwiss
09-03-2005, 05:56 PM
I hope another generation won't go by before the Sox win a World Series. I was six years old in 1959. I remember hearing the sirens when the Sox won the pennant. Baseball was always on the television or the radio in my house. My father and I used to talk for hours about the Sox. I'm happy that at least he got to experience what it's like for the Sox to be in a World Series. I've raised my son and grandson to be Sox fans and, unlike my father and me, I want to experience a World Series White Sox victory with them.

I remember how much fun it was when the Bears won the Super Bowl in 1986. Even though I was not a rabid Bears fan, Nevertheless, I got caught up in the season. It was a magical time. I also remember the first Bulls championship in 1991. I was driving my son and his friends in my car that night; we honked the horn and shouted out through the sky light. I'll never forget that day. None of those victories would come close to how I would feel about a White Sox World Series win. I'm hoping and praying that this is the year.

As one who is always willing to blow her own horn (grin), those who have read my Sound Off already know that I was 7 in 1959 and that I too remember it well. And I fondly remember Super Bowl XX--the gutwrenching feeling when Walter's fumble led to the Pats scoring first, and how wonderful it was to win it!

I also went to a lot of Bulls game during their run--I have three "sixth man" rings--and I was at the Grant Park rally that followed the Bulls' first championship.

In 2001, I watched the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Yanks in Game Six to draw even. (I especially liked the fact that the PA system played "New York, New York" after the game ended. People in NY, of course, thought it was bush. Awwwww, too bad!) And when the D'Backs came from behind to win the WS, SWEET!!! Especially since I was hosting a WS party at the time and there was a Yankee fan among the guests.

But nothing--I say, nothing--can possibly top the feeling of absolute euphoria I plan to experience when the Sox win it all.

This year.

DaleJRFan
09-04-2005, 03:01 AM
I just can't even imagine what this city would look like if the Sox won the Series... I just hope we all get to see it....

I remember driving around in the back of my Dad's P.O.S. Brown Buick Century company car, yelling out the back windows when the Bulls won the first title... For the Sox, I would indeed take a week off of work to drive around in "Wrigleyville" to do the same.

:D:

gdgyswearblk
09-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Right here with you folks. I was only 4 in '59, but I do remember the Sox on TV, you know the blonde cabinet style sets from the 50's. And, the Chi Tribune sports section with the letters S O X all over it all season. Nellie Fox, etc, etc. It is a test of long-term memory, but some things just stick. Maris's 61'st in '61 is another event that I will never forget. Growing up in Elmhurst during those times and having so many kids to play pick up baseball with, are more memories that are near and dear to my heart. Where ever I go, I will always be a White Sox and Bears fan. Besides, having moved several times in my life (Whitewater, Wi.-Packerland, Brewers and Red Wing, Mn - Twinkies and Viqueens) I do know the difference in the loyalty of fans and the Chicago sports fans are the greatest.

bruce1
09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
I hope they play Oakland, so they can finally beat up on them, and get rid of the jinx! For good!

Bruce

:smile: :bandance:

bruce1
10-04-2005, 01:39 AM
I can't wait to see the pale hose sweep the Red Sox!
I will be watching with great interest here in San Diego.!

And fingers crossed!

Bruce1
:smile:

bruce1
10-06-2005, 12:41 AM
What a great game #2.
Go Sox!
:bandance:

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-06-2005, 12:43 AM
:gulp: I'm in! :gulp:

miker
10-06-2005, 12:33 PM
If only it were as easy as posting it on a forum and having it come true....

...actually I take that back, I want them to earn the WS just like they earned the Central and all of their 99 wins. And finally generations of Sox fans will find the redemption they have been seeking for most of the 20th century.

All the above references to '59 remind me that my friend took her dad to Game 1 and the last Sox post-season game he was at was the Series in '59. She said her dad had ever at a Sox game and you could tell tell...he was smiling like a kid 1/10 his age!

This has been a great season and its about to get better!