PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9/2/05 Around the American League thread

SouthSide_HitMen
09-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Games to pay attention to outside of the White Sox winning tonight. This is a thread for such games.

Game of the night

Cleveland brings CC Sabathia and his goofy hat into Minnesota to face Brad Radke. Tonight we are all Twins fans. 7:10 start

Games with AL Playoff implications

Boston hosts the down and out Orioles - Maine vs. Dimardo (And Dark Clouds think we have holes). 6:05 start

New York brings Al Leiter on his last legs into Oakland to face Dan Haren. 9:05 start.

Speaking of last legs, Jaime Moyer comes into Anaheim to face Paul Byrd also at 9:05.

Iwritecode
09-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Games to pay attention to outside of the White Sox winning tonight. This is a thread for such games.

Game of the night

Cleveland brings CC Sabathia and his goofy hat into Minnesota to face Brad Radke. Tonight we are all Twins fans. 7:10 start

Games with AL Playoff implications

Boston hosts the down and out Orioles - Maine vs. Dimardo (And Dark Clouds think we have holes). 6:05 start

New York brings Al Leiter on his last legs into Oakland to face Dan Haren. 9:05 start.

Speaking of last legs, Jaime Moyer comes into Anaheim to face Paul Byrd also at 9:05.

How wierd is it to root for the Twins in September?

Indians fans have to be all messed up tonight. They are rooting for the Tigers, Mariners and flipping a coin between Oakland and NY. :D:

GregoryEtc
09-02-2005, 04:13 PM

And the YANKEES! I really want them to win the east.

SOXPHILE
09-02-2005, 04:37 PM

Indians fans have to be all messed up tonight. They are rooting for the Tigers, Mariners and flipping a coin between Oakland and NY. :D:

I know ! It's like bizzaro world. Go Twins !:?:

Mr. White Sox
09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Me too, I HATE the Red Sox now!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00069L0Z4.01._PE20_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
"Bizarro! Bizarro!"

RSN33
09-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Me too, I HATE the Red Sox now!

What's that saying, "jealousy will get you nowhere"? :rolleyes:

DiNardo is spot-starting because Boomer's suspension held up. He has pitched very well in AAA this year so far.

I know full-well about how weird it is rooting for the Indians and Twins in September.. Weird!!:cool::tongue: (I'm only kidding)

On a serious note, Monday's game will likely mean a lot more now than originally anticipated.

Good luck till then.

soltrain21
09-02-2005, 05:17 PM
On a serious note, Monday's game will likely mean a lot more now than originally anticipated.

Maybe for you.

MarySwiss
09-02-2005, 05:38 PM

Maybe for you.

:rolling:

FielderJones
09-03-2005, 02:38 PM

Not me. I want the Yanks to win the wild card, and to play the Sox in prime time. I want the Fox crew actively cheering for the Yanks, and to hear the disappointment in their voices as our Cubans hold their potent offense to a few scattered hits and no runs.

Some of the old-timers here might remember the game that the Bears beat the Cowboys 44-0. You could practically hear the sobs in Pat (Cowboy Cheerleader) Summerall's voice. That's the feeling I want this fall.

Frankfan4life
09-03-2005, 05:32 PM
The Twins' offense is terrible. Santana will have to be on his game tonight in order for the Twinkies to win.

Speaking of irony, the Twins know they have to beat the Indians if they are to have any chance for a wild card spot. And, they also know that by beating Cleveland they are also helping the Sox. Then they have to turn around and root for the Sox to beat Cleveland (providing they are still in the WC race) right after they play the Sox. They have my sympathy.

Optipessimism
09-03-2005, 10:08 PM
The Twins' offense is terrible. Santana will have to be on his game tonight in order for the Twinkies to win.

Speaking of irony, the Twins know they have to beat the Indians if they are to have any chance for a wild card spot. And, they also know that by beating Cleveland they are also helping the Sox. Then they have to turn around and root for the Sox to beat Cleveland (providing they are still in the WC race) right after they play the Sox. They have my sympathy.

I doubt anyone in Minny is rooting for anyone else but themselves right now. They're out of the race and they know it.

Mr. White Sox
09-03-2005, 10:17 PM
you know, the Red Sox shouldn't be winning all of these games. Let's pray for some home-field in the playoffs, because they suck away from fen-lame park. 7 runs, 9 hits, 3 errrors, and they win 7-6...the Red Sox are the definition of lame.