PDA

View Full Version : NL Playoff setup

buehrle4cy05
09-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Just being hypothetical, but if the playoffs started today, here's what the NL playoff setup would look like:
St. Louis vs. Philadelphia
Atlanta vs. San Diego

Atlanta is 1-5 against San Diego this year. Also, Atlanta hasn't made it out of the first round since 2001. It wouldn't shock me if San Diego went into the playoffs under .500 and then beat Atlanta, moving on to play the Cardinals. If San Diego somehow slips by St. Louis, they would be in the World Series. Hey, the White Sox are 2-1 against the Padres this year.

ChiSoxRowand
09-02-2005, 03:56 PM
San Diego could be tough to beat if you have to face Peavy and Eaton two times each.

Mohoney
09-07-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't see anybody beating St. Louis this year in the NL playoffs. I don't see anyone even taking a series against them to a deciding game.

I think they win the DS in 4, the CS in 5 or 6, and finish the NL playoffs 7-2 or 7-3.

Optipessimism
09-08-2005, 12:38 AM
San Diego could be tough to beat if you have to face Peavy and Eaton two times each.

I was thinking the same thing. If Houston doesn't make the wildcard, I think the Pads have a chance to beat anyone in the NL. They could be one of those teams that no one picks but ends up going deep into the NLCS.

I know the Cards are going to be the NL favorites for the WS, but personally I'd love to see a Sox-Braves series. I think that would be an awesome matchup.