PDA

View Full Version : Buffett at the Urinal

Andy T Clown
09-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Jimmy Buffett is playing Wrigley this weekend. I don't think that park will survive the bass players sound check. Those nets will be filled with concrete chunks by the first song.:cool:

UofCSoxFan
09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Who wants to place bets on whether or not he changes the lyrics of "Margaritaville" to "Wrigleyville?" Not the same syllables I know but I would not be suprised..not a Jimmy Buffett fan anyways though so I really don't care.

ChiSoxGirl
09-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Who wants to place bets on whether or not he changes the lyrics of "Margaritaville" to "Wrigleyville?" Not the same syllables I know but I would not be suprised..not a Jimmy Buffett fan anyways though so I really don't care.

"Wastin' away again in Wrigleyville...." Yeah, I could totally see it happening! Even though the syllables aren't the same, I could see him adjusting the lyrics to make them fit. Besides, it's nothing but the truth anyway, right?! :tongue:

cheeses_h_rice
09-02-2005, 11:45 AM
A match made in heaven: A trite, superfluous, annoying, and undeservingly beloved entertainer playing in a trite, superfluous, annoying and undeservingly beloved ballpark.

:thumbsup:

Madvora
09-02-2005, 11:52 AM
A match made in heaven: A trite, superfluous, annoying, and undeservingly beloved entertainer playing in a trite, superfluous, annoying and undeservingly beloved ballpark.

This is the pinacle of all things Cubs.

kittle42
09-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm going Monday.

CallMeNuts
09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Jimmy's band is called the Choral Reefer Band. Maybe the residual effect will leave the cubbie faithful believing they still have a chance for the wild card.

skottyj242
09-02-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm not a big Buffett guy but I always found it funny how his biggest fans seem to be of the trust fund variety when he is the biggest trust fund baby in the world.

HotelWhiteSox
09-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Maybe he can make as big a mess as the Stones did on Fenway! :thumbsup:

MUsoxfan
09-02-2005, 02:26 PM
On the 28th, Pearl Jam opens up for the Rolling Stones at PNC Park. The next day the Bucs welcome the Brew Crew into town. I can see the eyes of groundskeepers everywhere swelling up with tears at the thought of that.

miker
09-02-2005, 02:51 PM
It's too bad -- I used to like Jimmy Buffett.

Tekijawa
09-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Keeping the tradition of Wrigley alive they should have a simulation concert first to see if he's healthy enough and then send him to Iowa for a couple weeks as a percautionary measure...

SOXSINCE'70
09-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I've never been a Buffett fan.This makes me glad
I stayed away from being a "Parrot Head".:angry: :angry:

Buffett in LakeView?? Yeccchhhh!!!!

Wsoxmike59
09-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Keeping the tradition of Wrigley alive they should have a simulation concert first

:roflmao:

LMAO!

LuvSox
09-03-2005, 09:00 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D:

LongLiveFisk
09-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Jimmy Buffett is playing Wrigley this weekend. I don't think that park will survive the bass players sound check. Those nets will be filled with concrete chunks by the first song.:cool:

LOL..you're not the first one to think this. The bass alone is going to shake that already shaky foundation for 2+ hrs. Hardhats will be required for entry forever after the concert otherwise you'll have to sign a waiver stating that the Cubs aren't responsible for your injury, death, or mutilation. :cool:

DumpJerry
09-03-2005, 10:31 AM
What has me busting a lung over this concert is the rationale behind it. Buffet played at Fenway last year (I think it was also Labor Day Weekend) and the Red Sox went on to win the World Series. Red Sox fans said that the Buffet concert broke the Curse of the Bambino. As soon as the Red Sox won Game 4, the Flubs announced that they, too, were looking into have a Buffet concert to break all of their curses.

:chunks

This should put the Flubs over the top and get them into the post-season. They are still in it, really.......

Wsoxmike59
09-03-2005, 11:19 AM
LOL..you're not the first one to think this. The bass alone is going to shake that already shaky foundation for 2+ hrs. Hardhats will be required for entry forever after the concert otherwise you'll have to sign a waiver stating that the Cubs aren't responsible for your injury, death, or mutilation. :cool:

http://www.news-star.com/images/073104/spo_cubsLR.jpg

Chicago White Sox fan Ed Magurany wears a Chicago Cubs hard hat with a chunk of concrete glued to the top during a game against Minnesota Monday in Chicago. There have been three recent incidents of concrete falling from Wrigley Field.

SOXMAN1
09-03-2005, 01:35 PM
DO CUBS FANS EVEN KNOW WHO JIMMY BUFFET IS? THEY PROBABLY THINK SOME GUY NAME JIMMY IS BRINGING ALL YOU CAN EAT FOOD. THOSE MORONS.:supernana: THEN THEY WILL GET DRUNK AND RIP WRIGLEY FIELD DOWN CAUSE THERE WILL BE NO FOOD.SOX RULE, CUBS JUST SUCK

StillMissOzzie
09-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Jimmy's band is called the Choral Reefer Band. Maybe the residual effect will leave the cubbie faithful believing they still have a chance for the wild card.

Um, that's Coral Reefer, not "choral". Get it - coral reef, a sea-faring term, punned into reefer for...well, you know.

SMO
:gulp:

ThatGuyOnTheL
09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
I had to take the L up to the North Side late this afternoon for a tutoring session - it's the exact same fratboy crowd, but now with leis, straw hats, and grass skirts.

It took a lot of restraint not to push anyone onto the third rail. However, it was pure comedy gold to watch half of these real, knowledgeable, lifelong Chicagoans waiting on the wrong platform and taking the L in the wrong direction. :redneck

johnny bench
09-05-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm hearing that you can go to Buffet tonight for face and plenty of roof-top tix available too.

Frater Perdurabo
09-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Um, that's Coral Reefer, not "choral". Get it - coral reef, a sea-faring term, punned into reefer for...well, you know.

SMO
:gulp:

No, you're wrong! The Choral Reefer Band sings a capella! :)

billnahorodny
09-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I had to take the L up to the North Side late this afternoon for a tutoring session - it's the exact same fratboy crowd, but now with leis, straw hats, and grass skirts.

It took a lot of restraint not to push anyone onto the third rail. However, it was pure comedy gold to watch half of these real, knowledgeable, lifelong Chicagoans waiting on the wrong platform and taking the L in the wrong direction. :redneck

I live pretty close to the urinal and had to go up to the Osco on Southport to run an errand (wearing a Sox shirt of course :redneck) and walking through the neighborhood this morning...I have to say...what a sorry looking bunch! Lots of vacuous looking frat boys walking around with open beers at 11AM and even more obese accountants in hawaiian shirts and funny hats! I really didn't think it was possible to attract a stupider looking audience than the typical weekend crowd at the shrine...but kudos to the Cubune...once again...you get the sheep to bite!

Foulke You
09-06-2005, 03:23 AM

Well said, Cheeses.:cool:

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-06-2005, 07:46 AM
I read this morning's ST, and they talked about how Fluffett sang one song in the RF bleachers - same spot he used to frequent when he was a struggling musician playing in Chicago.

So, except for the ability to get RF bleacher seats, what's changed?

TomBradley72
09-06-2005, 08:47 AM
As far as concerts in ballparks go....I'll take Aerosmith/Foreigner/ACDC/Walter Egan and Mahogony Rush at Old Comiskey (circa 1978) any day.

Great reading all these posts....I'd lose my lunch completely witnessing the combination of Parrotheads and all things Cubbie.

flo-B-flo
09-11-2005, 12:28 AM
http://www.news-star.com/images/073104/spo_cubsLR.jpg

Chicago White Sox fan Ed Magurany wears a Chicago Cubs hard hat with a chunk of concrete glued to the top during a game against Minnesota Monday in Chicago. There have been three recent incidents of concrete falling from Wrigley Field. This is one of the funniest pictures I've EVER seen. Gawd I love Sox fans! Go Go Sox!!!!!!

RadioheadRocks
09-11-2005, 12:44 AM
No, you're wrong! The Choral Reefer Band sings a capella! :)

...and then there's always the ever-popular "Hallelujah Corals".

ROFLMAO

white sox bill
09-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Did anyone here @ WSI go to Buffet? Would like to see a review if so. As much as I dislike Wrigley, I do like Buffet. Despite the knocks he gets here, he seems quite harmless. The fact that he played at a bad venue makes no difference to me:smile:

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-11-2005, 09:28 AM
"Wastin' away again in Wrigleyville...." Yeah, I could totally see it happening! Even though the syllables aren't the same, I could see him adjusting the lyrics to make them fit. Besides, it's nothing but the truth anyway, right?! :tongue:
That's true. A waste like Buffet wasting away in Wrigleyville with a bunch of other wastes.

BainesHOF
09-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Buffett's a hack. He's for people who aren't into music.