PDA

View Full Version : Cool Jnjans article

Mr. White Sox
09-01-2005, 01:21 PM
The pressure's all on them, folks.

By Terry Pluto
Akron Beacon Journal (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0509010262sep01,1,6039677.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Iwritecode
09-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I read this earlier and agree with it. The Jndjans cannot afford to make mistakes and lose close games. Especially considering they are still fighting with NY, Bos, Ana and Oak for the WC spot.

The Sox just need to take care of their own business and they will have no worries.

Brian26
09-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I read that this morning also. I had a slight problem with him mentioning they were looking to catch the Sox. So the Wild Card isn't their first priority? Give me a break.

Chips
09-02-2005, 02:08 AM
I read that this morning also. I had a slight problem with him mentioning they were looking to catch the Sox. So the Wild Card isn't their first priority? Give me a break.

If I was in their position I would also be looking at the division, but the pressure is on the Injuns more than it is on us.

HotelWhiteSox
09-02-2005, 03:05 AM
I'd forget about the division, even Hunter did it in midseason. They've got much more to worry about with that wild card, I'm sure they look at the Sox score, but are more interested in the AL East and West scores first. And if they aren't leading the wild card, than theyve got no chance of winning the division because that division leader has the best record in the league! :bandance:

ma-gaga
09-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Here's the full article. Or a very similar article a little longer and more fufilling than the CT one.

HERE! (http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/bud_shaw/index.ssf?/base/sports/1125567618107900.xml&coll=2)

I think you need to "log in", with year of birth, sex, and zip code.

:gulp:

spiffie
09-02-2005, 07:44 AM
To be fair, they can look at the division on the grounds that "hey, we have 6 games left with them. We take all 6, it's right there." I would be annoyed if the roles were reversed and the Sox weren't at least thinking about the division. Plus, with the division, they only have one team to deal with, instead of the wild card with 5 teams fighting for basically 3 spots (AL East, AL West, and WC). Unless you're Houston or maybe Minnesota, no team should aim first for the wild card I think.

That said, hopefully we'll hurt their hopes for anything but an October vacation when we see them next.

harwar
09-02-2005, 08:49 AM
I watch just about every tribe game that doesn't conflict with the White Sox and i don't feel that they have their focus on anything but the wild-card.
I wanted to go through new york and boston to get to the world series just so no one can say that we just got lucky after we will it all.
Now;However i don't see how anyone can match up very well with us since our pitching and defense are far superior to anyone else in the AL.
The yankees and red sox get all the press but i don't think that they can beat us if we are playing the way we are supposed to.