PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi's first jack.

Chips
08-31-2005, 10:51 PM
According to my grandpa, after Iguchi hit first jack earlier this year no one on the team gave him a high five when he went back to the dugout. I find this hard to believe, but he also insisted that Rooney mentioned it on the radio. My grandpa is pretty old and still holds a grudge from WWII, so I don't know if he is being bias or thats the way it happened. Does anybody know?

Thanks
Chips.

Mr. White Sox
08-31-2005, 10:52 PM
If they didn't, they were just giving him the silent treatment, which is what the guys do sometimes if a rook hits his first HR. It happened to Jeff Francoeur and Brian Anderson too.

Roof Shot
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
You are correct, they just gave him the silent treatment at first. Eventually they all joked and high fived each other. They just did the same thing to Brian Anderson on his first jack a couple days ago.

JUribe1989
08-31-2005, 11:02 PM
It wouldn't be possible for the Sox players to be racist with all the foreign players we have on the team. I, for one am not a fan of rookie hazing. I find it hard to believe that guys like Joe Crede, Willie Harris, Juan Uribe, and Damaso Marte won't give Tadahito a high five lol.

SomebodyToldMe
08-31-2005, 11:11 PM
I remember hearing stories about ol' Robin being the worst when he would haze the rookies.

pudge
09-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Wow, learn something new every day - I was at the game for Brian's homers and noticed nobody was paying much attention to him - even after he hit the second homer to put them ahead, which was a huge moment.

SOXPHILE
09-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Monday, during that lovely 7-5 loss to the Rangers, Blum hit a 2 run shot with Dye on base. It was his first homerun as a member of the Sox, and Farmer and Rooney said all his teamates gave him the silent treatment when he got back to the dugout too. So, it's not just for rookies, but also for a guy's first homerun with his new team. I like to see that. It's all in good fun, and it keeps everyone loose.