PDA

View Full Version : Rotation-4 starts later

hawkjt
08-31-2005, 05:33 PM
after bragging on the 5 straight 8+inning excellant outings ,our Garcia,Burls,Garland,Duque juggernaut all have horrible outings.

What now for Jose? Lets hope he can beat the trend and have a quality outing.

I guess thats baseball. Just when you think you know something- you know nuthing.

Mr. White Sox
08-31-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm not worried, that was against one of the better offensive lineups in the game in one of the best hitters parks in the game. Michael Young and Mark Teixeira are both MVP-caliber talent in a year or two.

Watch the Sox take 2/3 from Detroit, provided Maggpipes doesn't go 7/10 again.

Jurr
08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Exactly. Texas. At home. Look it up to see what that means. It doesn't matter who's pitching (unless you're Brandon McCarthy, it seems.) The Sox have been playing Boston, New York, and Texas lately. Seattle and Minnesota provided a nice break. Sox pitchers own Detroit and KC. Things are okay, and everybody will be smiling soon. Plus, we're going to be catching LAA in the middle of a terrible slump. Things will turn around on this homestand.

Cowhead418
08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
I admit I am pretty ticked off for losing 3/4 to a really bad team, but I'll get over it. But the excuse that "Oh, it's ok that our pitchers gave up 8 RPG to the Rangers, they have a good offense." That is total crap. Isn't good pitching supposed to beat good hitting? Because it seems that with the exception of the Yankees this isn't happening. Our pitching takes huge dumps on the mound when we face Texas or the Red Sox and I don't think that just because they have "good offenses" that it's ok to pitch like total crap against them. But then again, our pitchers have had really really bad second halfs, especially Buehrle. Buehrle and Garland have won a combined 4 games since the All-Star break. A Cy Young race that looked it would be between Garland and Buehrle now looks a lot different. I'm not being a dark cloud, just venting a little. I feel a lot better now. Thank the lord August is over! Let's kick ass in September and lock up this division!:cool:

HITMEN OF 77
08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
I said before and I'll say it again, I think Jose is our best pitcher down the stretch.

Malgar 12
08-31-2005, 08:15 PM
I admit I am pretty ticked off for losing 3/4 to a really bad team, but I'll get over it. But the excuse that "Oh, it's ok that our pitchers gave up 8 RPG to the Rangers, they have a good offense." That is total crap.

YUP!

kevingrt
08-31-2005, 10:24 PM
I never thought of Jose Contreras being the stopper for this team but I guess this is his time to shine. Should be an interesting game Thursday night versus the Tigers. They are coming off a nice win over the Tribe and are coming to the Cell with some momementum. The exact ingredient we need to clinch this division.

I forgot about B-Mac's performance though. He had a stellar game that we won, but I don't think he'll be starting many games in the playoffs for our team.