PDA

View Full Version : driving forces on mlb.com, first scotty left out for speed now....

JermaineDye05
08-31-2005, 03:47 PM
well now on that damn driving forces poll they wana know who the most durable player is and well they completely left mark outta it, I guess a guy who goes 49 straight starts of at least 6 innings and has it ended by getting kicked out isn't durable almost like a guy who has 55 steals isn't fast....

sorry if theres already a thread on this

oeo
08-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Haven't we already talked about how Scott is not one of the fastest in the league. He just knows how to steal a base...everyone on that speed list was faster than him.

Soxzilla
08-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Haven't we already talked about how Scott is not one of the fastest in the league. He just knows how to steal a base...everyone on that speed list was faster than him.

Is that why he is able to beat out a ****load of bunts and had (at one point, if not still does) the most infield hits in the league?

Scott is fast, faster than most of those on the list. Don't even give me THAT crap.

oeo
08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Is that why he is able to beat out a ****load of bunts and had (at one point, if not still does) the most infield hits in the league?

Scott is fast, faster than most of those on the list. Don't even give me THAT crap.

Wow, seems to me you're getting in **** with everybody tonight. Did I say he wasn't fast? Nope, not once did I say, Scott Podsednik is not fast...but I wouldn't say he's faster than Nook Logan, or Jose Reyes. Scott Podsednik IS fast, but I do not see why we should be complaining that he was behind these two guys.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, did ESPN have a similar article...I've never seen mlb.com's. I remember Scott getting some credit for having the most steals.

Soxzilla
08-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Wow, seems to me you're getting in **** with everybody tonight. Did I say he wasn't fast? Nope, not once did I say, Scott Podsednik is not fast...but I wouldn't say he's faster than Nook Logan, or Jose Reyes. Scott Podsednik IS fast, but I do not see why we should be complaining that he was behind these two guys.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, did ESPN have a similar article...I've never seen mlb.com's. I remember Scott getting some credit for having the most steals.

I don't even know what you're talking about with your first comment? (The fact I called out a stupid comment that lambasted JR for no reason? I guess that constitutes as EVERYONE tonite).

You said he wasn't faster than all the people on that list. Surely Pods is faster than Byrnes, don't EVEN debate that. Maybe not Nook Logan, but you might as well put Willie Harris on the list (Which you should, if your counting all speed and no talent...I mean, does Nook even get to use his speed since he's never on base?

*****. The poll was a joke, and you're a joker if you even argue it.

oeo
08-31-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't even know what you're talking about with your first comment? (The fact I called out a stupid comment that lambasted JR for no reason? I guess that constitutes as EVERYONE tonite).

You said he wasn't faster than all the people on that list. Surely Pods is faster than Byrnes, don't EVEN debate that. Maybe not Nook Logan, but you might as well put Willie Harris on the list (Which you should, if your counting all speed and no talent...I mean, does Nook even get to use his speed since he's never on base?

I'm sorry, like I said, I never saw mlb.com's poll or whatever it was, the only thing that came to mind was the Top 3 fastest in each league on ESPN.com...which in my opinion everyone was faster than Scott. I did word my post wrong though...is what I meant to say was Scott is not faster than those three that were on ESPN's list.

And BTW, I said it SEEMED like you were, it seemed to me you were going on a tirade. You do like to give people **** a lot. I'm just going to end this here.

chaerulez
09-01-2005, 02:27 AM

How is the poll a joke? I'd say Reyes and Logan are probably faster than Pods. Why should Willie Harris be on the list if he's been sitting in AAA for a month? Don't get upset just because a Sox player doesn't win every poll, actually winning polls and such shouldn't be a concern at all, just focus on what the team is doing on the field.

skobabe8
09-01-2005, 02:43 AM
oeo vs. soxzilla

:duel:

Soxzilla
09-01-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm sorry, like I said, I never saw mlb.com's poll or whatever it was, the only thing that came to mind was the Top 3 fastest in each league on ESPN.com...which in my opinion everyone was faster than Scott. I did word my post wrong though...is what I meant to say was Scott is not faster than those three that were on ESPN's list.

And BTW, I said it SEEMED like you were, it seemed to me you were going on a tirade. You do like to give people **** a lot. I'm just going to end this here.

That's fine. I didn't know you hadn't seen the options on the driving forces poll, but let me tell you, they were absolutely ridiculous. In fact, I'll tell you who they were right now...

Erice Byrnes, Orlando Hudson, Juan Pierre, Jimmy Rollins and Omar Vizquel.

Retarded.

Chaerulz, why don't you actually read the thread and know what I'm talking about before you start an argument? Thanks.

oeo
09-02-2005, 07:32 AM
That's fine. I didn't know you hadn't seen the options on the driving forces poll, but let me tell you, they were absolutely ridiculous. In fact, I'll tell you who they were right now...

Erice Byrnes, Orlando Hudson, Juan Pierre, Jimmy Rollins and Omar Vizquel.

Retarded.

Chaerulz, why don't you actually read the thread and know what I'm talking about before you start an argument? Thanks.

Okay, that's fine, that is ridiculous. But there were also a lot of guys left out of that poll, not just Scott.