PDA

View Full Version : Hey PHG, Have thoughts on JB?

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2001, 12:50 AM
Unless I missed them which might have happened. What are your thoughts on the Baldwin trade. I can tell from reading the email list that Hal is pissed that Williams didn't know the guys name and even applied it to South Park.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-27-2001, 12:55 AM
I think J.B. was underrated as a quality pitcher and will be missed, but the Sox weren't going to sign him this winter so it's probably best he was dealt. He has a chance to pitch on a playoff team and ought to make lots of money pitching for someone else next year.

I'm royally pissed about Kenny Williams screwing up this trade and the level of his incompetence is becoming very apparent. The fact it was Dan Evans who fleeced him has me laughing, though I sober up when I realize it's MY TEAM that Williams is screwing up.

I can't wait to see what the media says about this tomorrow. I think KW is going to be crucified. Deservedly so, too.

Tragg
07-27-2001, 12:57 AM
This is a case in which we want moronotti to crucify the Sox.

Bet he doesn't - he only does it when we horsewhip his cubbies.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2001, 01:00 AM
Don't hold your breath on that media bashing. Sullivan doesn't have any that I could tell. Of-course our friends who used to run a certain cub site on rivals have this JB trade fiasco on the front page of a Cub site. I'm sure you know exactly who I am talkng about. Evans would look mighty good running the Sox right now wouldn't he?

doublem23
07-27-2001, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I can't wait to see what the media says about this tomorrow. I think KW is going to be crucified. Deservedly so, too.

I think Kenny just should have avoided that press release and just take the guy quietly. Not like anyone in the Chicago media pays much attention to us when it it not warranted. :)

:moron
Ha! Look at the Cubs track record. They got Matt Karchner for that guy on the Sox... And then Andy came REAL close to getting the McGruff guy from Miami, and now they got Mike Thomas from the Cincinnati Bengals!