PDA

View Full Version : Wavier Deadline Today

crazyozzie02
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Does anyone think that KW is going to get a deal done by midnight tonight? Also does anyone know anything about the walker deal??? Thanks

-Colin-

SOecks
08-31-2005, 01:06 PM
I hope he makes a good deal only, not giving up too much. Walker is in the Cubs lineup today so nothing is too imminent i guess.

Ol' No. 2
08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
I don't know if the Ibanez talk was anything more than rumor, but he's not a bad consolation prize. Better than Walker and he should come pretty cheap.

DrGiggles
08-31-2005, 03:08 PM
We go from Griffey to Sweeney to Crawford to Walker. Oh my God this sucks.

nodiggity59
08-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Man, we gotta get somebody to upgrade SS-3B or DH/OF. It's gotta happen.

Jjav829
08-31-2005, 03:17 PM
We go from Griffey to Sweeney to Crawford to Walker. Oh my God this sucks.

Crawford? Is Jamal playing baseball now? Carl Crawford was never rumored to be a possible target. He isn't going anywhere, for now at least.

soxrme
08-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Whatever happened to spending any amount if we were in a position to win the Series? We are playing pathetic lately and the tribe keeps getting closer. These line ups are driving me crazy:angry:

Flight #24
08-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Whatever happened to spending any amount if we were in a position to win the Series? We are playing pathetic lately and the tribe keeps getting closer. These line ups are driving me crazy:angry:

Did I miss the list of free agents currently available?

It's pretty tough to make moves after the deadline when teams aren't willing to trade and guys who are willing to trade can't get their players past waivers.

And it's also hard to trade when almost no team thinks they're out of it.

kittle42
08-31-2005, 03:43 PM
This thread is only gonna get bigger after this game, so I'll say now what I believe...no one is moving to the Sox.

samram
08-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Crawford? Is Jamal playing baseball now? Carl Crawford was never rumored to be a possible target. He isn't going anywhere, for now at least.

You, uh, think they'll take Pods straight up? I mean, 55 stolen bases. C'mon Chuck Lamar, make up for that whole goofy Aubrey Huff thing.:D:

Carl Crawford would get claimed by the Royals so fast it would make one's head spin.

Letmehearya
08-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Any trade that happens will be minor. I'll take Todd Walker over anybody we have at 3d. We need offense so bad it's embarrassing. Should we make it [and for some reason I still believe we will] to the playoffs, we'll need near perfection from our pitchers. Too bad. KW made the Garcia trade before the trade deadline loomed last year. I thought that was brilliant. This year, I believe complacency set it with a 10 game lead. I could be wrong. KW again is not to blame. The cheap ownership is.

harwar
08-31-2005, 04:26 PM
I imagine that KW will need to take a few days off.
He's not going to get anyone now but it sure as hell isn't for the lack of trying.
I say get Big Frank in there to DH with his boot on.

Lip Man 1
08-31-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't think anything will get done. Like the 1971 song by the Dramatics, 'Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get...'
Lip

Jjav829
08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
You, uh, think they'll take Pods straight up? I mean, 55 stolen bases. C'mon Chuck Lamar, make up for that whole goofy Aubrey Huff thing.:D:

It depends on whether KW is willing to include Timo. If Timo is added in with Pods, how could LaMar resist?

Soxzilla
08-31-2005, 10:22 PM
The cheap ownership is.

Are you hornin' me?

The money was there, get a clue.