PDA

View Full Version : Best Sox pitching performances...

chisoxmike
08-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Which do you think has been the best Sox pitching performance of the season so far?

JB98
08-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Which do you think has been the best Sox pitching performance of the season so far?

Good question. Even though he gave up three runs in the first inning, I'd vote for Freddy's outing in Colorado. I think he retired 22 batters in a row. That was unbelievable.

A close second: Buerhle's 12-strikeout game against Seattle early in the year. That was the one that lasted one hour, 39 minutes.

Muopsies
08-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Jose at Yankee Stadium. So much pressure on him, he usually craps the proverbial bed whenever that happens and he shut them down. If we would have won last monday, I would have said Freddy.

ShoelessJoeS
08-31-2005, 12:14 AM
Best individual performance? A 1 hitter is definitely the answer, but like the choice states, one hit too many...tough loss. When on, I believe Freddy has without a doubt the best stuff of any pitcher in the White Sox rotation. His outing in Colorado also deserves high regards, a game I believe was tossed better than the one against the scrubs.

Brian26
08-31-2005, 12:43 AM
The guy who posted this thread saw my note in the gamethread about Garland's 5/1 9-inning shutout, since nobody would remember the exact date and details. I had to get my scorebook out to check the date. But he ignored my note about Garcia's Colorado game. I definitely would replace that Garcia/Cubs game in the poll with the Colorado game.

chisoxmike
08-31-2005, 12:47 AM
The guy who posted this thread saw my note in the gamethread about Garland's 5/1 9-inning shutout, since nobody would remember the exact date and details. I had to get my scorebook out to check the date. But he ignored my note about Garcia's Colorado game. I definitely would replace that Garcia/Cubs game in the poll with the Colorado game.

No, I didn't see your note, that game has been in the back of my head all year, including Garlands game against Texas at the cell in May where he pitched out of many jams and not giving up that big inning, by far one of Garlands best this year too.

Although, I did forget about that Colorado game. :redface:

skobabe8
08-31-2005, 12:48 AM
MB opening day.

"We're gonna win every close game we play this year, Cleveland."

ChicagoHoosier
08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
MB opening day.

"We're gonna win every close game we play this year, Cleveland."

Also voted for OPening Day. Set the tone for the season. Also, Contreras is runner up vs. the Yankees.

Skobabe8? Win every close game we play vs. CLE? Except that game after opening day when Shingo blew it with three bombs. :(:

Baby Fisk
08-31-2005, 09:49 AM
A great performance I got to see live was Freddy Garcia making quick work of the Tigers on 30 June. The game was over in 2 hours. :bandance:

the gooch
08-31-2005, 11:02 AM
i would say the start from contreras after the all-star game where we 4-hit cleveland in their house for another 1-0 victory. we were scuffling into the break, and we sent the message that the 2nd half will be just like the first.
:contreras:
we dont need no stinkin burnett

SoxinAZ
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM
I like Garland winning game 6 of the World Series to snap the Sox 88 year dry spell.