PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* (part deux) Way to Go Brandon! 8/30 Postgame Thread

cheeses_h_rice
08-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Uh...yeah. Good game and stuff.

Can't forget the offensive contributions of these two, either:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1276/barcadicola3fb.jpg

JB98
08-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Congratulations to McCarthy. Hopefully, this is the first of many, many victories in the Silver and Black. :gulp:

An important win for the team, too. We don't want any more losing streaks. At the start of the road trip, my hope was 6-4 with two wins in each city. We can still pull that off with a win tomorrow.

I guess Texas wasn't stealing signs tonight, huh?

Letmehearya
08-30-2005, 10:49 PM
He'll never be confused with the Messiah, but that kid's got great stuff. The best trade KW ever made may be the time he held on the B-Mac.

DickAllen72
08-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Nice pitching by McCarthy and a pretty good game all around.

BTW, What happened to the earlier post 2nd game thread? :?:

SOXfnNlansing
08-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I was so glad to see BM dominate a game. I was at his 1st start @ chi(nl) and vizz the fizz just couldn't put it away. I like seeing the offence score 5 runs or more the past few games also. I feel sorry for the tigers. The SOX are going to do some big damage when we return home from a 6-4 road trip!

SOecks
I'm wondering the same thing. Was reading it and went to page 2 and it all of a sudden just dissapeared. Either way, congratulations Brandon. Enjoy your first win, you earned it.

skobabe8
Uh...yeah. Good game and stuff.

Can't forget the offensive contributions of these two, either:

AAAAAhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

skobabe8
08-30-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. Was reading it and went to page 2 and it all of a sudden just dissapeared. Either way, congratulations Brandon. Enjoy your first win, you earned it.

I think the publisher got his self a little vacation. :redneck

SoxFan76
08-30-2005, 10:57 PM
AAAAAhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a looooooooooooong time. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheeses_h_rice
08-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Nice pitching by McCarthy and a pretty good game all around.

BTW, What happened to the earlier post 2nd game thread? :?:

It was accidentally deleted by FWC during some "cleanup operations."

TaylorStSox
08-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Dye's numbers look so much better after this game.

Lip Man 1
08-30-2005, 11:08 PM
The lead is still at seven with another day off the schedule. After that butcher job in game #1, I'll take it.

A split to conclude this brutal month schedule-wise would be most appealing.

Lip

UofCSoxFan
08-30-2005, 11:11 PM
my brilliant insight in the first postgame thread got deleted...sigh. Your loss everyone.

Mr. White Sox
08-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Girl: Hey, Barcardi Guy. Cola.
Cola: Oh, hey...Ahhh??
Girl: Don't you remember my name?
Bacardi: Sure we do...Anne? Karen?
Cola: Erin? Sarah? Kimberly?
Bacardi: Julie? Mindy? Laticia?
Cola: Pearl? Veronica? Tammy?
Girl: Veronica. Yeah. You *do* remember. You guys look hot!
"Yeah."

chisoxmike
08-30-2005, 11:14 PM
"If they make it." Says Kruk about the Sox and the playoffs.

Boy, they really don't want to be wrong.:redneck

cheeses_h_rice
08-30-2005, 11:17 PM

Is that what he said?

I couldn't make it out due to the avalanche of Snickers crumbs coming out of his mouth.

JB98
08-30-2005, 11:17 PM

You still listen to that fat boy? I turned the channel the other night when he said that Wickman is a better closer than Rivera.

HotelWhiteSox
08-30-2005, 11:32 PM
What happened to the old postgame thread? :?:

I was also laughing my arse off to the Bacardi and Cola pic, but I guess the thread got deleted?

Anyways, congrats to BMac, and great job my Bacardi and Cola!

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/4640/supermccarthy2pt.jpg

Nellie_Fox
08-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Is that what he said?

I couldn't make it out due to the avalanche of Snickers crumbs coming out of his mouth.Hey, what's wrong with Snickers? I like Snickers.

A very impressive outing by McCarthy. A Sox win tomorrow will, as stated above, be a successful road trip. That doesn't mean that I'm not having panic attacks and the occasional irregular heatbeat. What would Sox fandom be without anxiety?

Brian26
08-30-2005, 11:40 PM
AL Central Lead remains at 7.0 games.
Magic Number = 25

:winner

Fuller_Schettman
08-30-2005, 11:53 PM
AL teams have to be disheartened to see BMac do a number on the Rangers.

"Where do they keep getting these arms," they say to themselves....

Jjav829
08-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Not that it matters now, but the offseason sure will be interesting. I know this is only one start, but KW is going to have to seriously consider opening a rotation spot for Bmac, assuming he isn't used in a trade for a bat.

That aside, very nice start. I was actually happy to see Bmac get a start against the Rangers. I wanted to see how he would adjust and react against the team that rocked him in one of his last major league starts. I'd say he adjusted pretty well. :D:

mr_genius
08-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Not that it matters now, but the offseason sure will be interesting. I know this is only one start, but KW is going to have to seriously consider opening a rotation spot for Bmac, assuming he isn't used in a trade for a bat.

that would be a nice dilemma to be in

:redneck

Banix12
08-31-2005, 12:12 AM
I just realized that the winners of both games today earned their first Major League win. I wonder if that has ever occured before where the winner of both ends of a double header tallyed MLB win #1.

Unregistered
08-31-2005, 12:14 AM

C'mon mannnn. It was a nice start, but starting in the playoffs? I think it would be a big insult to the guys who pitched the Sox to the playoffs and one of the best records in baseball to take them out in place of a rookie with no experience.

It's gonna be hard enough for Ozzie/KW to figure out who they're gonna leave out of the rotation without thinking about putting an unproven kid in there and taking ANOTHER starter out in the process...

If we're talking about putting him in the pen for long relief in the playoffs, I'd consider it, but starting? Maybe in 2006. :cool:

Banix12
08-31-2005, 12:17 AM
C'mon mannnn. It was a nice start, but starting in the playoffs? I think it would be a big insult to the guys who pitched the Sox to the playoffs and one of the best records in baseball to take them out in place of a rookie with no experience.

It's gonna be hard enough for Ozzie/KW to figure out who they're gonna leave out of the rotation without thinking about putting an unproven kid in there and taking ANOTHER starter out in the process...

If we're talking about putting him in the pen for long relief in the playoffs, I'd consider it, but starting? Maybe in 2006. :cool:

I'm pretty sure he was talking about 2006, not this year, hence why he refered to the offseason.

HotelWhiteSox
08-31-2005, 12:19 AM

Adios senor Contreras (although I like him, but his contract makes it look like it would be the #1 choice, who'd want it though?). I'd say one of the Cubans is gone next year

Fuller_Schettman
08-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Adios senor Contreras (although I like him, but his contract makes it look like it would be the #1 choice, who'd want it though?). I'd say one of the Cubans is gone next year

Don't they travel in pairs?

Jjav829
08-31-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty sure he was talking about 2006, not this year, hence why he refered to the offseason.

Uhhh, yeeaahhhhhhh, that was kind of what I was getting at. Reading is a skill, Unreg. :cool:

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2005, 12:24 AM
...KW is going to have to seriously consider opening a rotation spot for Bmac, assuming he isn't used in a trade for a bat.

...I was actually happy to see Bmac get a start against the Rangers.Are you just trying to be a pain in the patoot by insisting on using the horribly overused, trite, and outdated first initial, first syllable nickname crap from the last century? It is over.

SomebodyToldMe
08-31-2005, 12:29 AM
Are you just trying to be a pain in the patoot by insisting on using the horribly overused, trite, and outdated first initial, first syllable nickname crap from the last century? It is over.

I read this all the time, but who are all the other "first initial, first syllable" players? I know of A-Rod, I-Rod and K-Rod (K-Rod was more of a joking name because of all the strikeouts). But I can't think of any others. :(:

HotelWhiteSox
08-31-2005, 12:31 AM
I read this all the time, but who are all the other "first initial, first syllable" players? I know of A-Rod, I-Rod and K-Rod (K-Rod was more of a joking name because of all the strikeouts). But I can't think of any others. :(:

A-Row!

Jjav829
08-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Are you just trying to be a pain in the patoot by insisting on using the horribly overused, trite, and outdated first initial, first syllable nickname crap from the last century? It is over.

Yeah, you sure nailed me on that one. Those were my exact intentions. :rolleyes:

Fuller_Schettman
08-31-2005, 12:33 AM

Don't forget J-Jav! :cool:

silenceofthehawk
08-31-2005, 12:43 AM
Do you know how smug this sounds?:whiner:

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2005, 12:49 AM
Do you know how smug this sounds?:whiner:No, and I don't care.

Nellie_Fox
08-31-2005, 12:52 AM
I read this all the time, but who are all the other "first initial, first syllable" players? It's not just baseball players, it's a whole 1990's worn out thing that includes J-Lo. How many of them do you need before you get tired of it?

I'm sorry that I don't spend enough time studying hip-hop "culture" to have a complete list.

Fuller_Schettman
08-31-2005, 12:54 AM
So would that make me F-Schett? :?:

Scary

SomebodyToldMe
08-31-2005, 01:19 AM
It's not just baseball players, it's a whole 1990's worn out thing that includes J-Lo. How many of them do you need before you get tired of it?

I'm sorry that I don't spend enough time studying hip-hop "culture" to have a complete list.

Gotcha. I thought everyone around here was complaining about it being a baseball thing.

SomebodyToldMe
08-31-2005, 01:20 AM
So would that make me F-Schett? :?:

Scary

And I'm R-Re.

That's nuts.

ShoelessJoeS
08-31-2005, 02:18 AM
And to think that BMac would be our stopper...what a pleasant surprise. Here's to another winning streak!!!

:cheers: :gulp:

Baby Fisk
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Congrats BMac! :bandance:

As a wise man once said, oh about 24 hours ago...

Why in the hell are we pitching McCarthy against the Rangers again? They have crushed him in the past and they know his stuff. Don't we have anyone elese that is good in our minors? You try to build the confidence of McCarthy, but this is not the way to do it.
Boy do the Sox look like fools. *** were they thinking? McCarthy must go! :rolleyes:

Heffalump
08-31-2005, 08:55 AM
And I'm R-Re.

That's nuts.

H-Lump in the house !!!

MsSoxVixen22
08-31-2005, 09:05 AM
H-Lump in the house !!!

LOL, Mine would be N-Bur..........now THAT'S bad :tongue:

Palehose13
08-31-2005, 09:19 AM
Great job by Brandon! Congrats on your first of many MLB wins!

Dye and Rowand were monsters today! And where's that guy that said Podsednik sucks...where did he limp off to???

Unregistered
08-31-2005, 09:57 AM
Uhhh, yeeaahhhhhhh, that was kind of what I was getting at. Reading is a skill, Unreg. :cool:Yeah, I'm a big dumb animal. I read offseason and thought postseason. :kukoo: :D:

BigEdWalsh
08-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Great game by McCarthy! It was huge that he pitched so well against the same team that lit him up earlier in the year. This was like his pitching in Spring Training that got everyone all excited. Welcome back, Brandon!!
:cheers:

FarWestChicago
08-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Do you know how smug this sounds?:whiner::hurt

Any of you dumbasses call me FToe you're gonna get my good foot up your ***!

Ol' No. 2
08-31-2005, 12:57 PM
It's not just baseball players, it's a whole 1990's worn out thing that includes J-Lo. How many of them do you need before you get tired of it?

I'm sorry that I don't spend enough time studying hip-hop "culture" to have a complete list.What really killed it was ManRam. Ugh. Worst ever.