PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Can We Please Get out of August? Postgame Thread-

Jurr
08-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Dammit. The lead is shrinking daily.

itsnotrequired
08-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Another bad outing by the starting pitching, another bad day on defense, another Sox loss.

Sigh...:(:

TaylorStSox
08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Everyone's crying about needing offense, but the pitching and defense are really letting the team down. Thank god the Cubans have been pitching really well lately.

Unregistered
lets win game two - it would suck to lose a whole game in the standings.

chisoxmike
More ****ty defense. This is starting to suck...

Pasqua's Posers
Fact Of The Matter Is The Defense Let Us Down The Past Two Games...

NSSoxFan
Hopefully we can come out and get the nightcap. Need a big performance by McCarthy, hopefully his recent success in AAA will translate into a good night for the Sox.

Go Sox!

greenpeach
08-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Dammit. The lead is shrinking daily.

Careful or someone will excuse you of being a black cloud.

Jurr
Something has got to happen with this team. They have to put something together tonight, because there seems to be a bad downward trend going. Pitching down, defense way down, and offense creeping back up. Can we get a good fundamental game going, please?

Chips
How many unearned runs are we going to give away. Two straight days where we scored enough runs to win, but the errors cost us. Lets get the next one.

NSSoxFan

Is that sentence English?

:?:

Unregistered
08-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Fact Of The Matter Is The Defense Let Us Down The Past Two Games...
Are you getting it yet? When you type in all caps, it just capitalizes The First Letter Of Each Word.

mr_genius
08-30-2005, 06:48 PM

i excuse you

lol

greenpeach
08-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Is that sentence English?

:?:

Sorry mensa man, ever hear of a typo ? Is that the best you've got ?

DumpJerry
08-30-2005, 06:49 PM
IT'S TIME TO START WINNING AGAIN!:angry:

CHISOXFAN13
08-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Games like this one are exactly the reason why I can deal with Crede's subpar average.

Down to eight in the loss column.

HotelWhiteSox
08-30-2005, 06:50 PM
****ing sign stealers

FielderJones
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
It should be funny to watch the dark clouds try to get their stories straight. We need hitting. No, we need defense. No, we need pitching.

http://images.sportsline.com/images/baseball/mlb/players/60x80/284645.jpg
"Hey, keep throwing me batting practice and I'll put on a clinic."

PicktoCLick72
08-30-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm scared our defense is totally absent.

Dan H
The offense looked great the first three innings. Nothing else looked good today. Garland was victimized, but he just didn't look sharp. Bottom line it was tied at 5 after three. Any time the Sox can start playing like they did at the start of the season, it would be fine with me.

Pasqua's Posers
Are you getting it yet? When you type in all caps, it just capitalizes The First Letter Of Each Word.

not done intentionally. at work we have to use all caps for entering things. my bad

BigEdWalsh
08-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Ugh. As W. C. Fields said, "A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." :gulp:

Let's get 'em in game 2!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
Take game 2, win tomorrow...we all said we'd take a 6-4 or 5-5 road trip...focus on the next game. Remember, Cleveland still has to play their game also.

JB98
Games like this one are exactly the reason why I can deal with Crede's subpar average.

Down to eight in the loss column.

Exactly. Get well soon, JC.

Finally, we get the sticks going a little bit, and the pitching and defense lets us down. <sigh>

Two rookies going in the nightcap. Let's hope McCarthy is the one who steps up.

Unregistered
08-30-2005, 06:54 PM
not done intentionally. at work we have to use all caps for entering things. my badOh, OK. I just thought you were trying to yell.
:D:

kittle42
08-30-2005, 06:55 PM
This team flat out stinks right now over the last 3 weeks. Let us hope something changes in the next hour.

Unregistered
08-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Take game 2, win tomorrow...we all said we'd take a 6-4 or 5-5 road trip...focus on the next game. Remember, Cleveland still has to play their game also.
Their game was postponed. If we lose tonight, the lead is at 6 games.

greenpeach
08-30-2005, 06:56 PM
It should be funny to watch the dark clouds try to get their stories straight. We need hitting. No, we need defense. No, we need pitching.

http://images.sportsline.com/images/baseball/mlb/players/60x80/284645.jpg
"Hey, keep throwing me batting practice and I'll put on a clinic."

You can't expect your starting pitching to carry you for 162 games no matter how good it may be. However, no knowledgeable baseball fan can argue that the main culprit for the slide is a lack of depth & a very weak lineup especially from the left side.

Jurr
08-30-2005, 06:57 PM
The month of August has been absolute hell for the Sox the last two years.

We went 12-17 last year, which sunk our ship pretty damn quick, and this year is 11-15. Our lead has evaporated from 14.5 to 6.5 in one month. I'm not as concerned about this as I am the fact that the Sox aren't playing like anything remotely resembling an MLB division champion. They are playing to lose this thing outright, and it's gotta stop.

Last year, after the miserable August, the Sox came back to finish 19-12, which hopefully will repeat itself this year. I've got my fingers crossed, 'cuz I may have trouble holding down food for 5 months if the unthinkable happens.

soxjim
08-30-2005, 06:58 PM
No excuses. We need to get it together and get it together NOW! :angry:

Rudy Law
08-30-2005, 06:59 PM
OK I will put it here....Scott P-O-D-S-E-D-N-I-K is overrated.....He is a below average baseball player and can not come through in the clutch when we really need him to..Like today! This team has looked PATHETIC today and pretty much has since the All- Star break..Can you say 1983....1993....2000....Anytime the Sox want to swing at those 1st pitch fastballs down the heart of the plate...That would be fine by me

mr_genius
08-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Ugh. As W. C. Fields said, "A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." :gulp:

haha, good one!

Pasqua's Posers
08-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh, OK. I just thought you were trying to yell.
its all good. i tell ya though, if the playoffs are going to be like this, i don't think i'll be able to watch.

bottom line, get a win tonight and tomorrow to go respectable 6-4 on road trip. i was hoping for 7-3...

BMAC needs to be a stud. otherwise....

NSSoxFan
08-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I hope Cotts is OK. It looked like he had something wrong with his back.

SouthSide_HitMen

So many complaints, so little time.

DumpJerry
Remember the good 'ole days?

:walkoff:
Bring 'em back!

JB98
OK I will put it here....Scott P-O-D-S-E-D-N-I-K is overrated.....He is a below average baseball player and can not come through in the clutch when we really need him to..Like today! This team has looked PATHETIC today and pretty much has since the All- Star break..Can you say 1983....1993....2000....Anytime the Sox want to swing at those 1st pitch fastballs down the heart of the plate...That would be fine by me

Scott is just back off the DL. It's not easy to step in and start tearing the cover off the ball immediately.

How about our 3-4-5 in the late innings? They went down meekly on about six total pitches in the seventh and didn't do anything after the Timo single in the ninth. It's up to our best players to get us out of this. They didn't get the job done when it mattered in this game.

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 07:04 PM

Excuse me?

PAPChiSox729
08-30-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a feeling McCarthy is doing to shut them down, including a few strikeouts of Texeria. Baseball works in mysterious ways. Then again, I have jinxed this team twice so far today, so I will shut up.

JUribe1989
08-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I just love Bill Melton's analysis. He is brutally honest. I've never heard the words "giving up" so much in one statement.

kittle42
08-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I just love Bill Melton's analysis. He is brutally honest. I've never heard the words "giving up" so much in one statement.

He'd be sent to the Roadhouse and shouted down if he posted here.

hansgruber
08-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Last year, after the miserable August, the Sox came back to finish 19-12, which hopefully will repeat itself this year. I've got my fingers crossed, 'cuz I may have trouble holding down food for 5 months if the unthinkable happens.

Hopefully our success so far this year against our division rivals continues in Sep./Oct. with us playing all but 4 games against them.

mr_genius
08-30-2005, 07:12 PM

I understand having a good outlook, but there has to be a point where people realize something is wrong with this team. A 6 game lead going into September can be overcome. Some people around here remind me a bit of the residents in New Orleans who refused to leave the city before the hurricane because "nothin bad is gonna happen" even though all radar maps showed that there was a freakin hurricane about to hit the city.

oh well

go sox

kitekrazy
08-30-2005, 07:12 PM

Cleveland game is rained out. The Sox piss away another opportunity. This is so reminiscent of the Manuel Era.
It will be nice when they can bring the farm guys up. I'm sick of watching this team's complacency. Last week I thought they snapped out of this. The light at the end of the tunnel is now the headlamp of an oncoming train.
Soon the team will be using Hawk's "homer" excuses for losing.

jerry myers
08-30-2005, 07:13 PM
i am so mad we suck! i can say that been a fan for 30years. this does not surprise me at all . ticks me off! i think getting griffy might be the fire under our butts that we need. no more excuses.(sick of em). face it we do not have the team to compete without a big bomber like griffy ,does anyone agree or am i going to hear more excuses.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-30-2005, 07:14 PM
i am so mad we suck! i can say that been a fan for 30years. this does not surprise me at all . ticks me off! i think getting griffy might be the fire under our butts that we need. no more excuses.(sick of em). face it we do not have the team to compete without a big bomber like griffy ,does anyone agree or am i going to hear more excuses.

Yeah - The Reds are unbeatable with Griffey.

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I understand having a good outlook, but there has to be a point where people realize something is wrong with this team. A 6 game lead going into August can be overcome.

Except this is a six-game lead going into September.

TaylorStSox
08-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I understand having a good outlook, but there has to be a point where people realize something is wrong with this team. A 6 game lead going into August can be overcome. Some people around here remind me a bit of the residents in New Orleans who refused to leave the city before the hurricane because "nothin bad is gonna happen" even though all radar maps showed that there was a freakin hurricane about to hit the city.

oh well

go sox

Obviously, they're not playing well. The problem with people crying constantly is that they don't have any constructive criticism. You want to play pocket GM or pocket manager, then fine. At least have some analysis other than, "this team sucks."

Then, you get all the guys that only show up to remind us that we suck right now. It's old. It doesn't make you a "good Sox fan." You're just a negative dick. Not you personally.

Chisox003
08-30-2005, 07:16 PM

How can you want a guy so much and not even know how to spell his ****ing name?

Take your fantasies and go hang out with Rudy "Scott PodsedniCK sucks" Law in the ****house....

"I am so mad we suck..."

Please stop....seriously

:rolleyes:

Edit: And one more thing....Where were you learned you's grammEr.

Stop typing with your ass

CHISOXFAN13
08-30-2005, 07:17 PM

He's the answer to all the Sox problems, yet you spelled his name incorrectly three times?

Can he play third base?

mr_genius
08-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Except this is a six-game lead going into September.

thats what i meant.

Mr. White Sox
08-30-2005, 07:19 PM
FEAR THE http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VvpBSJ-bPSQJ:http://www.ece.cmu.edu/%7Erwunderl/rewind.cx/images/photos/Stadium_Lights_Pittsburgh.jpg

Cowhead418
08-30-2005, 07:20 PM
I think if the Sox played with no one on defense the last two days the results would not have been much different. What is the FP when Buehrle starts? It feels like it's .828. And now McCarthy against the Texas offense. Hooray! Yippee! He's sure going to do well! But hey, it can't be much worse than the last two days, can it? :unsure:

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 07:20 PM
He's the answer to all the Sox problems, yet you spelled his name incorrectly three times?

Can he play third base?

C'mon CHISOXFAN13. Give the guy some credit. At least he spelled "butts" correctly. :rolleyes:

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 07:21 PM

thats what i meant.

Well, allright then! :cool:

mr_genius
08-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Obviously, they're not playing well. The problem with people crying constantly is that they don't have any constructive criticism. You want to play pocket GM or pocket manager, then fine. At least have some analysis other than, "this team sucks."

Then, you get all the guys that only show up to remind us that we suck right now. It's old. It doesn't make you a "good Sox fan."

I agree

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Then, you get all the guys that only show up to remind us that we suck right now. It's old. It doesn't make you a "good Sox fan." You're just a negative dick. Not you personally.

I agree; they are not playing well. That said, they are still in first place with the second largest lead in MLB. And they are on a pace to win the division. Unless and until this is no longer true, "this team sucks" doesn't do it for me either.

cbone
08-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Lead off double, steals third and scores first run, sorry watching 2nd game as I'm reading these posts. Yeah Scotty is terrible. Good job! :gulp:

Palehose13
08-30-2005, 07:31 PM

Yeah, because Scott was the reason for 3 unearned runs... :rolleyes:

*****. This is the second game today that he led off with a double and scored.

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Lead off double, steals third and scores first run, sorry watching 2nd game as I'm reading these posts. Yeah Scotty is terrible. Good job! :gulp:

I'll drink to that! :gulp:

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 07:36 PM
I'll take any wins we can get, but what I wouldn't give for a good ol' fashioned butt-kicking!! Sending a message would be nice.

Palehose13
08-30-2005, 07:41 PM
I agree; they are not playing well. That said, they are still in first place with the second largest lead in MLB. And they are on a pace to win the division. Unless and until this is no longer true, "this team sucks" doesn't do it for me either.

Thank you.

[palehose13 rant] I (and I think other mods) are tired of people predicting that the team is going to collapse every time the Sox lose. Are you pissed because of errors? Hell yeah! Do you wish that someone would have come through in the clutch! Damn skippy! But to constantly to proclaim that the team is going nowhere is getting tiring.

Did anyone really think that the Sox were going to continue to win at a .700 clip and finish the season with 120 wins? I sure as hell didn't expect them to. I just ordered playoffs tickets last ****ing week and that makes me happy as a pig in ****.

Now before one of you grim reapers spins my sentences and claims that I am content with just getting to the playoffs, think again. I want it all. I want the whole enchilada. But guess what...those games are played in October and if reserves are getting played to rest and heal guys...so be it.
We'll get there and nothing all you pissy pants say will make me believe differently. [/palehose13 rant]

Now...we got the lead in this second one. Let's take it and split this twin bill!

jerry myers
08-30-2005, 07:53 PM
not sure whats up with the name calling over the computer big man that will never see me but thats uncalled for im sorry for not being perfect on this typing either but chill! ive been a sox fan longer than youve been born! my heart is very into this team. and ive seen years like this before. i like kenny but nows the time to do something! if he does not even if we make the playoffs we wont get past the first round.(i think). and i dont want to be a good sox fan .i am a true fan! the cubs have good cub fans .i want a winner .

Palehose13
08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
not sure whats up with the name calling over the computer big man that will never see me but thats uncalled for im sorry for not being perfect on this typing either but chill! ive been a sox fan longer than youve been born! my heart is very into this team. and ive seen years like this before. i like kenny but nows the time to do something! if he does not even if we make the playoffs we wont get past the first round.(i think). and i dont want to be a good sox fan .i am a true fan! the cubs have good cub fans .i want a winner .

Jerry-

I don't think anyone is questioning your fandom. However, it is much easier to get your message across when you capitalize and use correct punctuation and spelling. Take your time and you won't get crap from the youngins. :wink:

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Thank you.

[palehose13 rant] I (and I think other mods) are tired of people predicting that the team is going to collapse every time the Sox lose. Are you pissed because of errors? Hell yeah! Do you wish that someone would have come through in the clutch! Damn skippy! But to constantly to proclaim that the team is going nowhere is getting tiring.

Did anyone really think that the Sox were going to continue to win at a .700 clip and finish the season with 120 wins? I sure as hell didn't expect them to. I just ordered playoffs tickets last ****ing week and that makes me happy as a pig in ****.

Now before one of you grim reapers spins my sentences and claims that I am content with just getting to the playoffs, think again. I want it all. I want the whole enchilada. But guess what...those games are played in October and if reserves are getting played to rest and heal guys...so be it.
We'll get there and nothing all you pissy pants say will make me believe differently. [/palehose13 rant]

Now...we got the lead in this second one. Let's take it and split this twin bill!

You're welcome, Palehose.
Damn nice rant, BTW, and I speak as a woman who has a hard-fought, world-class rep for ranting! I especially liked the way you anticipated the Dark Cloud response and cut them off at the "knees."

And you are totally right. We WILL get there, and we will win it all. And anyone who doubts that can just KMA! Or yours.

Letmehearya
08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
We play Cleveland head-to-head 6 more times. I hoped those games would be meaningless. Unfortunately, they may be our best hope. Final 3 in Cleveland. We swept 'em there last time. C'mon Sox don't give the cubune ammunition to turn the 2005 Sox into the biggest chokers of all time. Let's win.

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 08:19 PM

We all want a winner, and I--and a good many other posters--have been Sox fans longer than YOU'VE been born. If Kenny could have done something, he would have--and still might. And we will not only get past the first round, we will win the WS.

BTW, there is no such thing as a "good cub fan."

Brian26
08-30-2005, 08:23 PM

LOL, so true. I do appreciate Melton's brutal honesty on the postgame tv and radio shows.

Nellie_Fox
08-30-2005, 11:09 PM
not done intentionally. at work we have to use all caps for entering things. my badHowever, it is okay to use caps to start sentences. It's preferred, in fact.

Nellie_Fox
08-30-2005, 11:16 PM
i am so mad we suck! i can say that been a fan for 30years. this does not surprise me at all . ticks me off! i think getting griffy might be the fire under our butts that we need. no more excuses.(sick of em). face it we do not have the team to compete without a big bomber like griffy ,does anyone agree or am i going to hear more excuses.Just when I'm getting depressed about the way things are going, a post like this pops up and snaps me back to reality. MANY teams have won without a "big bomber." Get over it folks, Griffey is not going to be traded, and that's that.

By the way, please learn how to capitalize. I can't stand reading this "instant message" crap so many in the wireless age is using to "communicate."

Nellie_Fox
08-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Jerry-

I don't think anyone is questioning your fandom. However, it is much easier to get your message across when you capitalize and use correct punctuation and spelling. Take your time and you won't get crap from the youngins. :wink:That's why I have him on ignore. His posts are unreadable. I wouldn't have seen any of his posts in this thread had they not been quoted in subsequent posts. The purpose of writing is to communicate. If you are not communicating, then the purpose of your writing has not been met.

shoota
08-31-2005, 12:26 AM
LOL, so true. I do appreciate Melton's brutal honesty on the postgame tv and radio shows.

Melton's brutal honesty of the 2003 Sox after they were all but eliminated after a big series in Minnesota was all that comforted me that night. To hear a man in his position not give cliche positive answers, but to criticize the team's faults, meant as much to me as a toddler with his blanky.