PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans on the Road

Hangar18
08-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Im listening to the game on the radio, and its funny to hear how LOUD the SOX fans are. I watched the game last nite, and again the same thing. Even funnier to see all the SOX fans when the TV Camera would inadvertantly show the crowd. What does drive me nuts, despite hearing the loud cheers,
and seeing them inadvertantly, do you get the feeling that TV reluctantly shows SOX fans on the road?

cubhater
08-30-2005, 06:33 PM
do you get the feeling that TV reluctantly shows SOX fans on the road?

The answer is yes when comparing the coverage of the traveling blue circus freak show in visiting ball parks.

SOXPHILE
08-30-2005, 11:46 PM
It seems this year, that whatever T.V. station is showing that day/evening's particular Sox game, they do show White Sox fans in the crowd. The road trips to San Diego, Denver and Detroit are what stick out in my mind the most. There were alot of Sox fans at those games. But, in just the past week, the games against the Twins and Mariners, I could clearly see Sox fans there. Hawk, D.J., Rooney & Farmer usually say something that's not too over the top, like "We see some Sox fans in attendance tonight", or "It's good to see all the Sox fans along on this road trip". Unlike the baffoons over at Radio (& T.V.) For The Criminally Stupid who slobber all over themselves to tell us excitedly again & again that "AS USUAL, THERE'S A JUST A HUGE CONTINGENT OF CUB FANS HERE. I TELL YOU WHAT, THESE ARE THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD. IN FACT, I THINK THERE'S MORE CUB FANS HERE THAN FANS OF THE HOME TEAM. ACTUALLY, I DON'T THINK THERE ARE ANY FANS OF THE HOME TEAM HERE. EVERYBODY IS A CUB FAN. EVERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY IS A CUB FAN, AND HEY WHY NOT ? THE CUBS ARE GREAT JUST LIKE THEIR FANS. WE'RE ALL ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY."

SoxFan76
08-31-2005, 12:06 AM
It seems this year, that whatever T.V. station is showing that day/evening's particular Sox game, they do show White Sox fans in the crowd. The road trips to San Diego, Denver and Detroit are what stick out in my mind the most. There were alot of Sox fans at those games. But, in just the past week, the games against the Twins and Mariners, I could clearly see Sox fans there. Hawk, D.J., Rooney & Farmer usually say something that's not too over the top, like "We see some Sox fans in attendance tonight", or "It's good to see all the Sox fans along on this road trip". Unlike the baffoons over at Radio (& T.V.) For The Criminally Stupid who slobber all over themselves to tell us excitedly again & again that "AS USUAL, THERE'S A JUST A HUGE CONTINGENT OF CUB FANS HERE. I TELL YOU WHAT, THESE ARE THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD. IN FACT, I THINK THERE'S MORE CUB FANS HERE THAN FANS OF THE HOME TEAM. ACTUALLY, I DON'T THINK THERE ARE ANY FANS OF THE HOME TEAM HERE. EVERYBODY IS A CUB FAN. EVERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY IS A CUB FAN, AND HEY WHY NOT ? THE CUBS ARE GREAT JUST LIKE THEIR FANS. WE'RE ALL ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY."

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling: