PDA

View Full Version : Todays Pitching Matchup's

08-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't you put Garland against the rookie making his 1st start and McCarthy against Benoit (sp)... I know we hit him well in the past....putting the 2 rookies up against each other is just going to be a hit parade, and the way the Rangers hit there....I would flip flop it

SoxinAZ
08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Wouldn't you put Garland against the rookie making his 1st start and McCarthy against Benoit (sp)... I know we hit him well in the past....putting the 2 rookies up against each other is just going to be a hit parade, and the way the Rangers hit there....I would flip flop it

Then you would have to make your roster moves before the first game instead of the second.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Sadly, we all know how the Sox perform against pitchers they haven't seen before (or, any pitcher lately :tongue: ). Pitching Garland against Benoit actually gives Jon a better chance of winning. Plus, IMO, McCarthy is nowhere near big-league ready. He got his ass handed to him the last time he faced the Rangers*, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't see a repeat. Whatever will we do without Jon Adkins in long relief?

*The 4:05 game is the make-up game, right? If so, and Brandon was pitching first, he'd have an opportunity to lose two games in the same series (technically-speaking, anyway). When's the last time that happened?

On a brighter note, remember how hot Texas was at the time of the first series? Some of us were actually relieved at the rainout, given the chance that the Rangers would've have cooled off by now. Well, yesterday's game notwithstanding, they have! I'd love to see us take two of the next three, and then see Detroit return the favor to Cleveland by sweeping their doubleheader this time.

HotelWhiteSox
08-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Not to be picky, but that apostrophe is in the wrong place!

Ol' No. 2
08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Not to be picky, but that apostrophe is in the wrong place!Match'ups?:redneck

HotelWhiteSox
08-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Game 1 Lineup:

Pods, LF ... Uribe, SS ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Willie, 2B ... Blum, 3B.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Game 1 Lineup:

***?

34 Inch Stick
08-30-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm not afraid of Benoit's balls.