PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from PNC Park.....

MUsoxfan
08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
I took advantage of the Southwest $29 fares to Pittsburgh and went out there to catch the Reds/Pirates game yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch it as it was postponed due to rain. Even with nasty weather, that ballpark is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Pictures don't do it justice. It's unreal, and I congratulate the Pirates and the city of Pittsburgh for doing everything the right way. I don't think I've ever been anywhere where there is literally not a bad seat in the house until yesterday. I was worried I was gonna lose the money on the tickets because of the rainout, but they actually refunded me which was really cool of them

I advise EVERYONE to go out there and see that place, it will not disappoint.

SOXintheBURGH
08-30-2005, 08:28 PM
I took advantage of the Southwest $29 fares to Pittsburgh and went out there to catch the Reds/Pirates game yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch it as it was postponed due to rain. Even with nasty weather, that ballpark is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Pictures don't do it justice. It's unreal, and I congratulate the Pirates and the city of Pittsburgh for doing everything the right way. I don't think I've ever been anywhere where there is literally not a bad seat in the house until yesterday. I was worried I was gonna lose the money on the tickets because of the rainout, but they actually refunded me which was really cool of them

I advise EVERYONE to go out there and see that place, it will not disappoint.

Was there on Sunday.. gonna miss that place.

MeteorsSox4367
08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
As someone who dreams (seriously) of a World Series between the Sox and the Pirates, I agree wholeheartedly about PNC. Went there two seasons ago to see the Pirates and the Rockies. Walking over the Clemente Bridge from downtown to the ballpark was awesome. Also met Manny Sanguillen who has a food stand in the ballpark. Got a picture with him and he signed a ball for me.

Also liked the banners by the ramps in left field that had the old Topps cards of the Pirates categorized by position. PNC is just a gorgeous venue for baseball. It's a shame the Pirates are terrible.

As a whole, I think the city of Pittsburgh itself is vastly underrated. Check out Maz's wall on the Pitt campus if you like baseball history.

Jerko
08-31-2005, 09:04 PM
http://members.fortunecity.com/dolfan1/wanny.jpg

Aaap, I agree, PNC is foine, plus, I'm back in Pittsburgh now, Aaahp. He's got a knee, AAHP.
Seriously it looks like a great park. I'll have to get there one day.

buehrle4cy05
08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
I went on a ballpark tour in early August, PNC was the best park on the trip, which included stops in Baltimore, Philly, and Cincinnati (DC was a dump). I also went on fireworks night, so it was sold out. The fans there weren't horrible, they seemed like they knew their stuff (Zach Duke was pitching). It's one of the best places to experience a game...the Clemente Bridge, Pittsburgh's skyline, and the fact that the park isn't massive-it only has 2 decks.

I just wish Bud would stop smoking the pipe and get the AL Central back to playing the NL Central...which would be an excuse for me to go to Houston, Milwaukee, and another game at PNC.