PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans - never fail to prove me right

Reni
08-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Ok....so, I am on my way home from work a few weeks ago and I get to the Chicago red line stop and the place is PACKED with Cubs fans (ugh!) and I resign myself to having to suffer half of my commute home with them on the train. I find a seat and crank up my iPod so I don't have to hear them, I close my eyes so I don't have to see them.

Well, as I am sitting there in a semi-meditative state I figure, "well, maybe they aren't ALL that bad." Being a Cardinals fan from St Louis, you can ONLY imagine the negative encounters I have had with thick necked Cubs fans who come and talk trash on my ground. So, I TRY and give them the benefit of the doubt and think, "well....I will try and talk to one of them....let's see what happens. Prove me wrong!

So I turn down my music and turn to the guy next to me who has his son on his lap and say, "Oh, so who are the Cubs playing today?" He turns his head disdainfully and gives me this sour look and says in a really snotty tone, "the GIANTS" hmmmm ok....so I figure, well, I could feel out the kid, maybe he is at least not as bad. I see he has a mitt on his hand. I say, "oh are you looking forward to the game? Going to catch a foul ball?" The kid says nothing, the dad says again in the same tone, "well he HOPE so!"

So, I turn back to my iPod, close my eyes and am still living in the reality that Cubs fans are ****ing *******s!!!!!

SOXPHILE
08-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Cub fans: Far and away, the stupidest, most ignorant, unknowledgeable people in all 4 pro sports; And, it's not like they have any reason to be as arrogant as they are. What, you mean having back to back above .500 seasons for the fist time in 30 years isn't reason enough ? Jeez, this team has had 2 90+ loss seasons in just the last 5 years ! But wait, they have Carrie Woods ! Is Sammy still on the team ? He's great !

SOXPHILE's dream World Series: White Sox vs. Cardinals.

MarySwiss
08-30-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm surprised he knew who the Flubs were playing. :cool:

Reni
08-30-2005, 01:00 PM
SOXPHILE's dream World Series: White Sox vs. Cardinals.

You and me both!!! Though it could be quite a strain on my marriage!! haha

It could happen!!! *fingers crossed*

Should I be ashamed of the fact that I sometimes get as excited when the Cubs lose as when the Sox or Cardinals win?? haha! And even better....when they lose at HOME! HA!

SOXPHILE
08-30-2005, 01:10 PM
You and me both!!! Though it could be quite a strain on my marriage!! haha

It could happen!!! *fingers crossed*

Should I be ashamed of the fact that I sometimes get as excited when the Cubs lose as when the Sox or Cardinals win?? haha! And even better....when they lose at HOME! HA!

I would probably have a heart attack if this happens. The Cardinals have always been my 2nd favorite team after the Sox. (Those 80's teams were pretty good, eh ? ) Me liking them had absolutely nothing to do with Cub fans not liking them. It's just a bonus for me when they beat the Cubs, that Cub fans hate it. Just like if I had my dream World Series. My two favorite teams playing for the championship would be baseball heaven. The fact that it would cause great consternation, and wailing and gnashing of teeth by idiot Cub fans is just like the icing on the cake.

Reni
08-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Oh my gosh....Cardinals of the 80's.....my childhood revolved around Willie McGee! I still remember them winning the pennant and I was with my dad on this major road in STL listening to the game on the radio and traffic just stopped and people were hanging out of their cars and dancing in the streets. I was 8 years old....it was MAGIC.

I am a newly adopted Sox fan.....as I mentioned in another thread. My husband is a lifelong Sox fan. We just got married and I am new to Chicago. I never had cable in STL, and our apartment has free cable coming in (shhhh) so we watch almost every Sox game! I get to see more baseball now than I ever did in STL! I even get to see more Cardinals games (the occasional game on Fox or on ESPN) than I did in STL!

Our first date was at Busch Stadium / Our first anniversary was at US Cellular.....

Our honeymoon this summer started at Busch Stadium and ended at US Cellular.....heaven I tell ya, HEAVEN!!

TheOldRoman
08-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Reni, I guess you didn't read the top post in the Clubhouse about avoiding the language filter. You might want to read it when you get back in 10 days.

Stroker Ace
08-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Cub fans: Far and away, the stupidest, most ignorant, unknowledgeable people in all 4 pro sports; And, it's not like they have any reason to be as arrogant as they are.
Try ALL of sports. Even Dale Jr. fans are less belligerent that flub "fans"

Reni
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
:redface:

TheOldRoman
08-30-2005, 01:40 PM
:redface:
You should be fine as long as you edit it. Just type out the words and the language filter will take care of them.

Letmehearya
08-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Sox-Cards would be terrific.

:hawk (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=18#)

"I love the way Tony LaRussa manages the game, Feisty. I just wish I didn't have a brain fart when I fired him."

Reni
08-31-2005, 11:15 AM
You should be fine as long as you edit it. Just type out the words and the language filter will take care of them.

sorry... I hate to start off on a bad foot with a new board.....my bad

Jerko
08-31-2005, 11:40 AM
sorry... I hate to start off on a bad foot with a new board.....my bad

Good thing you didn't catch a grounding there. Anyway, Cub fans are an interesting lot. For the most part, they are so inconsequential that a gnat on the ass of a tick shouldn't give a damn about them, but they are SO arrogant and annoying that you just want to smash their faces in, or better, watch them cry when the cubs lose. It's hard to explain actually why people who are so insignificant think they are above everybody. I know it's hard to do, but if you're surrounded by them again, just ignore them.