PDA

View Full Version : X-MO cam

SoxinAZ
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Did anyone check out yesterdays game on Fox sports NW? The had a camera going called X-Mo cam that they could slow down so you could read the writing on the ball when the batter hit it. It was pretty cool and I hope other stations start using it.

arbutron
08-29-2005, 06:06 PM
The X-MO cam is sweet.... Didnt see it during our game as all the out of market channels are blacked out when the sox are playing.

I'm in the chicago area but I get the extra innings package on Direct TV. I've seen it on a couple of the FOX Sportsnet broadcasts.. I'm suprised Comcast isn't on the ball with this technology, being the media Giant that they are.

MarySwiss
08-29-2005, 06:28 PM
I saw it on MLB.com. And it annoyed the hell out of me. Kinda like the telestrator (sp?) does. I guess I'm just old-fashioned. :rolleyes:

Stroker Ace
08-29-2005, 09:33 PM
It's great seeing that ultra slow-motion can showing drag racing replays. It's really cool seeing each cylinder go off. I'm all for CSN using it for Sox games.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-29-2005, 09:36 PM
It's great seeing that ultra slow-motion can showing drag racing replays. It's really cool seeing each cylinder go off. I'm all for CSN using it for Sox games.

Funny I thought they did use it - only when Konerko was on the basepaths. :tongue:

skobabe8
08-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Did anyone check out yesterdays game on Fox sports NW? The had a camera going called X-Mo cam that they could slow down so you could read the writing on the ball when the batter hit it. It was pretty cool and I hope other stations start using it.

Was that camera used during the playoffs the last couple of years? I remember a really cool extreme slow mo camera in '03 slowing a Sosa strikeout. Havent seen it since.

bennyw41
08-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Was that camera used during the playoffs the last couple of years? I remember a really cool extreme slow mo camera in '03 slowing a Sosa strikeout. Havent seen it since.

It? You mean Sosa?

daveeym
08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
I'd have to imagine its patented technology not available to all networks.

skobabe8
08-30-2005, 01:35 PM
It? You mean Sosa?

well, the camera AND Sosa.