PDA

View Full Version : Read this if you'd like A Good Laugh

Hangar18
08-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I was just driving south on Cass near Plainfield Rd at the light. I see an old fogey, in a Jeep with 2 little cubby window flags, oversized Cub magnets on each door, and .....the best part, a giant "W" flag, flapping magnificently in the summer wind. The old fogey, was also wearing a blue floppy hat with that other teams logo.

I watched him rolling along, oblivious to their 5th place standing,
and burst out laughing ........:cool:

LuvSox
08-29-2005, 03:39 PM
That's a cruel way to treat a Jeep

Palehose13
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
That's a cruel way to treat a Jeep

I totally agree.

PushnThaEscalade
08-29-2005, 04:08 PM
funny story Hangar. reminds me of my next door neighbor who is an unintelligent and drunk Cub fan. Yes there are some smart Cub fans in the world. No surprise

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
The 2 houses that face a park near my house have not had their very large Cub flags out front for over a month; normally they're there all year.

Life is good.

Dick Allen
08-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Was it one of those toy jeeps that little kids ride around in?

SOXPHILE
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM
This past friday, I was at the Ram Brewery in Schaumburg. They had the Bears (pre-season) game on most of the big T.V.'s, but they did turn on the Sox game on a few of them. We were sitting by the bar watching it, and someone, I forget who, hit that home run to (temporarily) give the M's the lead. Just then, I hear a someone clapping, and I look over at this guy sitting with a couple of his friends. He sees me, and says sort of sheepishly, "Hey, I'm a Cub fan, sorry." I said "Hey, I'm sorry for you. You're the Cub fan." He then got this confused look on his face. Heh heh heh......

buehrle4cy05
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
This past friday, I was at the Ram Brewery in Schaumburg. They had the Bears (pre-season) game on most of the big T.V.'s, but they did turn on the Sox game on a few of them. We were sitting by the bar watching it, and someone, I forget who, hit that home run to (temporarily) give the M's the lead. Just then, I hear a someone clapping, and I look over at this guy sitting with a couple of his friends. He sees me, and says sort of sheepishly, "Hey, I'm a Cub fan, sorry." I said "Hey, I'm sorry for you. You're the Cub fan." He then got this confused look on his face. Heh heh heh......

Way to stick it to 'em, Soxphile:bandance:

Hangar18
08-29-2005, 05:41 PM

ahhahhahahahahahaa, Very Nice!

MarySwiss
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
The 2 houses that face a park near my house have not had their very large Cub flags out front for over a month; normally they're there all year.

Life is good.

The house over on the next block from me still has its Flubs flag out. Thing is, the life expectancy of flags that hang out all summer long in Arizona is fairly short. It's already looking kinda beat, and it will probably bite the dust in another week or so.

As well it should.

MarySwiss
08-29-2005, 06:21 PM

But I thought Cub fans didn't care about the Sox? :?:

chisoxmike
08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
A house a block or two away from mine puts out a "W" flag everytime the Cubs win.

chitownhawkfan
08-29-2005, 11:36 PM
A house a block or two away from mine puts out a "W" flag everytime the Cubs win.

Buy an L flag and put it up every time they lose.

NDSox12
08-30-2005, 12:13 AM

I bet that flag is still in mint condition.

IlliniSox
08-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Buy an L flag and put it up every time they lose.

Stupid Question: I can't get one of those, can I ???

SOXPHILE
08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
But I thought Cub fans didn't care about the Sox? :?:

Oh, they don't. And they don't sell "SOX SUCK" & "WHITE SUX" shirts outside of the Urinal either...