PDA

View Full Version : SOX fan picks up front-office in bottom of 9th fashion

Hangar18
08-29-2005, 12:51 PM
I was a bunch of my friends at one of the various street fairs you see here in the big city of chicago. It was Saturday afternoon, the weather was hot,
and I noticed a Box brimming with used beer cups and trash, but was also overflowing with with some SOX stickers. They were pretty nice, shaped like the logo, black and silver. I grabbed a few of them and put them in my pocket. A couple of my buddies liked the stickers too and took a couple also.

My buddies all laughed about having these nice stickers, and I wondered aloud how they ended up in a box, strewn with trash. We discussed the reasons (some of which I wont bother mentioning here) but I got very curious, and decided to head back and grab the box. My buddies laughed and said forget it, the box was just garbage, w some stickers. Well, I was very surprised to find a ton of sox schedules, pictures of minnie minoso, a slew of those SOX stickers, a bunch of Sox magnets (those were really cool). I thought holy smoke, I hit the jackpot here ........ but again, why would this end up in the street like this? Well, I decided to stick a couple of them in bar where we were (yes steff, I got permission) and then decided to just give everything away. Every bar on the block gota bunch of the schedules, and was funny to see people grabbing them assoon as I placed them there. The best was going to the beer stands and placing the schedules there, and watching people curiously grabbing them.

It was there that a guy saw this and asked why I was doing that, and could he have a couple. ..............I said sure, and take a magnet ........... suddenly, someone else wanted a magnet. Next thing you know, ...........
Ive got a horde of people wanting all the magnets and stickers. They were very popular, and was fun to give some of the stickers to guys wearing cub hats, hehh heh. I laughed and thought who said the city of chicago doesnt care about the White Sox???

I emailed Brooks about this, and he confirmed that the SOX had a table there, but someone broke in and stole all the stuff, thats why they werent
there ............. he sent me a nice note and was very happy to hear that we were able to salvage something.......and said I was the man, that not even Thieves could stop the SOX and their fans (yes, he actually said that)

DaveIsHere
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Awesome story, good job spreading the Sox Pride!!!

Sad
08-29-2005, 01:04 PM
that's good stuff... :thumbsup:

sounds like some neat collectibles... I don't think I can get away with putting any more sports-related stuff (magnets, stickers, schedules etc.) on our frig/walls without risking all of it ending up out on the curb :o:

skobabe8
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I was a bunch of my friends at one of the various street fairs you see here in the big city of chicago. It was Saturday afternoon, the weather was hot,
and I noticed a Box brimming with used beer cups and trash, but was also overflowing with with some SOX stickers. They were pretty nice, shaped like the logo, black and silver. I grabbed a few of them and put them in my pocket. A couple of my buddies liked the stickers too and took a couple also.

My buddies all laughed about having these nice stickers, and I wondered aloud how they ended up in a box, strewn with trash. We discussed the reasons (some of which I wont bother mentioning here) but I got very curious, and decided to head back and grab the box. My buddies laughed and said forget it, the box was just garbage, w some stickers. Well, I was very surprised to find a ton of sox schedules, pictures of minnie minoso, a slew of those SOX stickers, a bunch of Sox magnets (those were really cool). I thought holy smoke, I hit the jackpot here ........ but again, why would this end up in the street like this? Well, I decided to stick a couple of them in bar where we were (yes steff, I got permission) and then decided to just give everything away. Every bar on the block gota bunch of the schedules, and was funny to see people grabbing them assoon as I placed them there. The best was going to the beer stands and placing the schedules there, and watching people curiously grabbing them.

It was there that a guy saw this and asked why I was doing that, and could he have a couple. ..............I said sure, and take a magnet ........... suddenly, someone else wanted a magnet. Next thing you know, ...........
Ive got a horde of people wanting all the magnets and stickers. They were very popular, and was fun to give some of the stickers to guys wearing cub hats, hehh heh. I laughed and thought who said the city of chicago doesnt care about the White Sox???

I emailed Brooks about this, and he confirmed that the SOX had a table there, but someone broke in and stole all the stuff, thats why they werent
there ............. he sent me a nice note and was very happy to hear that we were able to salvage something.......and said I was the man, that not even Thieves could stop the SOX and their fans (yes, he actually said that)

haha...thats awesome, Hangar!

Only you!

miker
08-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Are you saying some Cub-hole stole the merchandise and threw it in the trash?

If not, I will!

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Hangar, which street fair did this take place at?

Sad
08-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Are you saying some Cub-hole stole the merchandise and threw it in the trash?

If not, I will!

CUB-hole... :rolleyes: :rolling:
some things never change...

Jerko
08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
http://www.ronniewoowoo.com/images/ShirtFront.jpg

"It wasn't me, I usually just TAKE stuff out of the trash."

Hangar18
08-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Hangar, which street fair did this take place at?

Taste of Lincoln Ave.

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Taste of Lincoln Ave.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Letmehearya
08-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Nice. This does beg that question: how the $%#@ does Hangar always seem to be in these situations?

RichFitztightly
08-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Nice Hangar,

I have a similar story, except it's the complete opposite. My former place of employment had some Cubbie schedules all decked out with the company logo. I promptly threw them in the garbage. There were a good 500 schedules that briefly saw the light of day before I cruelly stamped 'em out. This followed a co-worker doing the same at another former place of employment.

Hangar18
08-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Nice Hangar,

I have a similar story, except it's the complete opposite. My former place of employment had some Cubbie schedules all decked out with the company logo. I promptly threw them in the garbage. There were a good 500 schedules that briefly saw the light of day before I cruelly stamped 'em out. This followed a co-worker doing the same at another former place of employment.

Excellent

SoxFan76
08-29-2005, 05:53 PM
CUB-hole... :rolleyes: :rolling:
some things never change...

LOL!!!!! Cub-hole, I love it.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Next thing you know, ...........

free stuff man...i'd take anything free.

chisoxmike
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM

Spreading the gospel yet again.

Stroker Ace
08-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Great going Hangar!

FielderJones
08-29-2005, 11:36 PM
free stuff man...i'd take anything free.

http://www.nbc.com/photos/Late_Night/Late_Night_with_Conan_O%27Brien/1LCOab99.jpg
"Yes, a free Cubs floppy hat would be perfect --- for me to poop on!"