PDA

View Full Version : Anderson sent down

DickAllen72
08-28-2005, 10:32 PM
White Sox optioned outfielder Brian Anderson to Triple-A Charlotte.
Anderson was sent down after going 0-for-3 today. Scott Podsednik will be activated tomorrow to replace him on the roster. Aug. 28 - 7:36 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.asp?sport=MLB&majteam=CWS

HotelWhiteSox
08-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Looks like Pods is ready

rotoworld.com

Anderson was sent down after going 0-for-3 today. Scott Podsednik will be activated tomorrow to replace him on the roster. Aug. 28 - 7:36 pm et

Dub25
08-28-2005, 10:34 PM
That was expected. I did like what I saw from him. I have a feeling Rowand might be keeping CF warm for another season or 2.

Madvora
08-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Well, he'll be back in four days anyway.
He's probably got a hotel room downtown until Thursday.

DickAllen72
08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
I guess this means Crede is not going on the DL after all, unless something else is up.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050828&content_id=1187302&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Manager Ozzie Guillen wouldn't confirm it, but all signs pointed to Chicago placing third baseman Joe Crede on the 15-day disabled list once Scott Podsednik is activated from the DL on Monday.

RadioheadRocks
08-28-2005, 10:40 PM
http://www.shiftyeye.com/images/hero.jpg

"I'LL BE BACK!!!!!"

Chips
08-28-2005, 10:44 PM
I'd prefer it if we sent TIMO down.

Unregistered
08-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Does this hurt his Rookie of the Year chances this year?

AMestan
08-28-2005, 11:14 PM
According to Peter Gammon's the National Media is giving Timo a good look toward AL MVP. Baseball Tonight also mentioned that when Willie get's sent back up to the big team, the Timo and Willie one two punch, will really help the Sox drive for the Pennant.

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2005, 11:17 PM
According to Peter Gammon's the National Media is giving Timo a good look toward AL MVP. Baseball Tonight also mentioned that when Willie get's sent back up to the big team, the Timo and Willie one two punch, will really help the Sox drive for the Pennant.

:tealpolice:

Stroker Ace
08-28-2005, 11:24 PM
I'd prefer it if we sent TIMO down.Same here. Anderson brings A LOT more to the table than Timo.

Brian26
08-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Same here. Anderson brings A LOT more to the table than Timo.

I think Timo brings some things to the table that Brian may not in a playoff race/post season situation. But, I agree with you than BA has an obvious bigger upside than Timo.

SoxFan76
08-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Same here. Anderson brings A LOT more to the table than Timo.

I disagree.

Timo has a great arm in the outfield, and is serviceable defensively. He is one of the few Sox players who knows how to bunt. He has adequate speed (meaning he can score from 2nd on a base hit (coughPKcough)). And more importantly, he has more major league experience which, in my opinion, means a lot.

To say a rookie with such little experience under his belt means more to a team during the playoffs than a veteran player who is known for his clutch hitting is a little ridiculous.

ewokpelts
08-29-2005, 12:13 AM
http://www.shiftyeye.com/images/hero.jpg

"I'LL BE BACK!!!!!"
belive it or not i'm walking on air........(bunch of lyrics i dont remember)

......who could it be? belive it or not, it's just me!

samram
08-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Looks like Pods is ready

rotoworld.com

Yeah, Pods is ready. I was in the airport in Charlotte earlier this evening and heard Pods being paged for an urgent message. He was on an American flight to Dallas-Fort Worth, so he should be back in the lineup tomorrow night.

Oh, sorry, no stories about KW on a cell phone near the baggage claim.:D:

pinwheels3530
08-29-2005, 12:36 AM
That was expected. I did like what I saw from him. I have a feeling Rowand might be keeping CF warm for another season or 2.

I think it's Dye who will be the outfielder out in a couple of years.

samram
08-29-2005, 12:39 AM
I think it's Dye who will be the outfielder out in a couple of years.

Dye's only signed through next year, so he's never been seen as a long-term solution. By 2007, I would think all these prospects would be ready.

SoxinAZ
08-29-2005, 12:14 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.asp?sport=MLB&majteam=CWS

Anderson has NOT been optioned yet. Bad information. The Sox might put Crede on the DL instead.

infohawk
08-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I disagree.

Timo has a great arm in the outfield, and is serviceable defensively. He is one of the few Sox players who knows how to bunt. He has adequate speed (meaning he can score from 2nd on a base hit (coughPKcough)). And more importantly, he has more major league experience which, in my opinion, means a lot.
It also can't be overlooked that Timo provides a left-handed bat off of the bench.

Sad
08-29-2005, 12:49 PM

hey... I remember that... wasn't that from Greatest American Hero?
the dude that couldn't "fly" (or land)
heh... old days...

Rocky Soprano
08-29-2005, 12:51 PM
It also can't be overlooked that Timo provides a left-handed bat off of the bench.

.224 AVG

That's one mighty bat.

SoxFan76
08-29-2005, 12:52 PM
.224 AVG

That's one mighty bat.

:hawk
"Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it"

Especially since he doesn't play every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevingrt
08-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Whether he was optioned down to Triple AAA or not don't you think he will be a Sept. call-up regardless. For two days those he just has to not be with the team or so they say. I think Anderson stays on this team till the playoffs come. Just my guess though.

Tekijawa
08-29-2005, 01:38 PM

Believe it or not I'm walking on Air, I never thought I could feel so freeeeeeeeeeeeee, Flying away on a wing and a prayer. Whooooooooo could it be believe it or not it's just me!

It was my favorite show as a Kid... I was able to sing it the first time he came up to bat... although I haven't checked for the Lyrics yet on line...

JB98
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
We have to play four games in about 48 hours in the Texas heat. I would hate to see anyone on the team have to start all four. Well, maybe Konerko will start all four, but we can plug him at DH for one of the games on Tuesday.

Regardless, the point is, I think we need another infielder up here if Crede can't go. Call up Willie a few days early if necessary. You know Iguchi is only going to play one game of the DH. And I'd like to cut Uribe a little slack too. He's been out there every day lately, and he's struggling at the plate.

Ozuna is going to get plenty of PT in Texas, but he can't play everywhere. Assuming Crede goes on the DL, I'd call up Willie and start him one of the four games at 2B. We need more back up in this infield.

I'm not worried about BA being sent down. He showed some promise in his limited opportunities. Obviously, we probably get shut out Friday in Seattle without him. He'll be back by the end of the week.

Rocky Soprano
08-29-2005, 03:52 PM
:hawk
"Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it"

Especially since he doesn't play every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a once in a blue moon type player. Nothing else.

billyvsox
08-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Thing get a little dicey this time of year with regards to call-ups, dl , etc.

It stinks that we are in the midst of this rough schuedule with no days off and a doubleheader tuesday.

Remember, with regards to the "playoff roster", only players on the active roster or disabled list on August 31st are eligible. Guys sent down this week and return on Sept 1st (Anderson, Adkins, whoever McCarthy replaces) are not eligible, unless someone gets hurt in September.

I am sure the Sox have NO plans to go with 12 pitchers, or not even 11 for the playoffs, so when McCarthy arrives to pitch in the dreaded doubleheader, look for a pitcher to be sent down. After game one McCarthy will be sent back down and a position player will be returned. That will set us up with 11 pitchers and 14 position players eligible (plus the potential for Crede to be Dl'd and have a 15th eligible position player.

Eligible as of now:

Pitchers (12)
Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, EL-Duque, Contreras, Hermanson, Politte, Marte, Cotts, Vizcaino, Bajerneau, Jenks.

Hitters (13)
AJ, Widger, Konerko, Iguchi, Uribe, Crede (regardless if he goes on the DL), Blum, Ozuna, Pods, Rowand, Dye, Timo and Everett.

That being said, I am very suprised the Sox didn't leave Pods on the Dl for 2 more days to give us 1 more eligible player (Anderson, Gload??), and I will be even more suprised if they dont DL Crede if he cant play before Wednesday.

The Up and Down of McCarthy could be are last chance to get change the list. Which pitcher goes (Bajerneau, Jenks or Vizcaino). Who returns (Anderson, Gload, Willie).

My wishes are to DL Crede (call up Gload, we will need a Lefty pinch hitter in the playoffs).

Use the Up and Down of McCarthy to drop a pitcher and call up Willie (we may need a pinch runner in the playoffs. see: Dave Roberts circa 2004.

We then will have 26 eligible players for now and can go 15 position and 10 pitchers for the Post.

anewman35
08-29-2005, 03:59 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Frank Thomas is still on the 15 day DL, which would allow the Sox to list him on the roster and then replace him with anybody, assuming I understand the rules correctly.

Madvora
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Anyone know how we're going to get McCarthy up here tomorrow? Have the Sox said anything about their plans for this move?

Flight #24
08-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Anyone know how we're going to get McCarthy up here tomorrow? Have the Sox said anything about their plans for this move?

I'd guess they send down one of the relievers used in game1, possibly Baj.

SoxinAZ
08-29-2005, 04:08 PM

Look for Adkins to get optioned. :supernana:

Ol' No. 2
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Thing get a little dicey this time of year with regards to call-ups, dl , etc.

It stinks that we are in the midst of this rough schuedule with no days off and a doubleheader tuesday.

Remember, with regards to the "playoff roster", only players on the active roster or disabled list on August 31st are eligible. Guys sent down this week and return on Sept 1st (Anderson, Adkins, whoever McCarthy replaces) are not eligible, unless someone gets hurt in September.

I am sure the Sox have NO plans to go with 12 pitchers, or not even 11 for the playoffs, so when McCarthy arrives to pitch in the dreaded doubleheader, look for a pitcher to be sent down. After game one McCarthy will be sent back down and a position player will be returned. That will set us up with 11 pitchers and 14 position players eligible (plus the potential for Crede to be Dl'd and have a 15th eligible position player.

Eligible as of now:

Pitchers (12)
Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, EL-Duque, Contreras, Hermanson, Politte, Marte, Cotts, Vizcaino, Bajerneau, Jenks.

Hitters (13)
AJ, Widger, Konerko, Iguchi, Uribe, Crede (regardless if he goes on the DL), Blum, Ozuna, Pods, Rowand, Dye, Timo and Everett.

That being said, I am very suprised the Sox didn't leave Pods on the Dl for 2 more days to give us 1 more eligible player (Anderson, Gload??), and I will be even more suprised if they dont DL Crede if he cant play before Wednesday.

The Up and Down of McCarthy could be are last chance to get change the list. Which pitcher goes (Bajerneau, Jenks or Vizcaino). Who returns (Anderson, Gload, Willie).

My wishes are to DL Crede (call up Gload, we will need a Lefty pinch hitter in the playoffs).

Use the Up and Down of McCarthy to drop a pitcher and call up Willie (we may need a pinch runner in the playoffs. see: Dave Roberts circa 2004.

We then will have 26 eligible players for now and can go 15 position and 10 pitchers for the Post.Don't forget that Frank Thomas is still on the 15-day DL and is holding a playoff roster spot open. I agree that it makes sense to send a pitcher down on the 31st and bring up a position player. With Frank's spot, that gives them 15 position players and 11 pitcher spots on the playoff roster. If they were going to DL Crede, they'd have done it today and not optioned Anderson. I have to conclude that his finger is improving.