PDA

View Full Version : Biggio goes through Crede's past pain

HotelWhiteSox
08-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Must be a west coast thing (although I think it was a diff umpire). Was watching the highlights of the Astros at LA. Biggio was hit, but the umpire didn't award him first, Biggio proceeded to fly out, went ballistic, and was thrown out. Sound familiar? I think it's kind of ridiculous, I saw the replay quickly, but Biggio didn't even appear to move, maybe he could've gotten out of the way, but if he doesn't move into it, I think he should get the base. Many would probably think it's no big deal, but you never know what can happen once runners get on base, and it was a low scoring game with Houston seeming to have enough trouble producing runs. Just reminded me of the Oakland situation

NonetheLoaiza
08-28-2005, 10:18 PM
who was the umpire?

ChiSoxRowand
08-28-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't know who the ump was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Wendelstedt. I thought the same thing when I saw the highlights. If anyone deserves to get called back, its biggio. Btw Clemens got screwed again, the Astros got shutout and Clemens didn't give up any runs.

tweek57
08-28-2005, 11:37 PM
who was the umpire?
Doug Eddings

ATXBMX
08-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I was at the game, and had Biggio gotten first base, the astros would have scored. Right after Biggio flied out, Taveras was safe at second on an error, Ausmus would have scored easily with Biggio making third.