PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Different Freddy Today Post-Game Thread

NSSoxFan
08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
We still won 2 of 3.

Let's get 'em in Texas.

DumpJerry
08-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Win some, lose some. We win a lot more than we lose.

C-Dawg
08-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Go get em tomorrow guys!

seattle just has Freddie's number this year.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2005, 05:56 PM
:jerry
"If it was up to me, I would have saved Garcia for the big series with Detroit."

Brian26
08-28-2005, 05:57 PM
AL Central Lead is 8.0 games.
Magic Number holds at 26.

skobabe8
08-28-2005, 06:01 PM
the boys looked dis-interested today

Vernam
08-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey, the guy is allowed to lose a day game every year or two. :cool:

The doubleheader will obviously be MCarthy's last game in a Sox uniform, then Griffey will be DH'ing on Thursday.

Good outing by Adkins . .

VC

SoxSpeed22
08-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Ain't that a B? See you in Texas.

Palehose13
08-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Pfffft...we got the series. Time to go get Texas and see what kind of shape Podsednik is in.

Ol' No. 2
08-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Pfffft...we got the series. Time to go get Texas and see what kind of shape Podsednik is in.It's looking like they're going to DL Crede tomorrow to make room. It makes a lot of sense. They avoid using up an option year on Anderson (may never make a difference, but you never know) and they can keep 12 pitchers through the Texas series.

kingpin_rcs
08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Mariners beat the White Sox 3 times this year. Garcia takes the loss in all three games. Sounds like he needs to spend a little time on the couch and reach his "inner Mariner"

Frankfan4life
08-28-2005, 06:32 PM
I was hoping for the offense to finally click. The last time the Sox scored in double digits was July 25, against Kansas City. The Sox won 14-6. The offense needs to give the starting pitchers a break and put some big runs up early in a few games.

Palehose13
08-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Mariners beat the White Sox 3 times this year. Garcia takes the loss in all three games. Sounds like he needs to spend a little time on the couch and reach his "inner Mariner"

This is pure speculation, but given Freddy's history, maybe he's enjoying his reunions with his teammates a little too much the night(s) before he pitches. :wink:

greenpeach
08-28-2005, 06:34 PM
AL Central Lead is 8.0 games.
Magic Number holds at 26.

10 in the loss column is the big number. Still wish we had more firepower in the lineup heading into the playoffs. You can't expect your staff to pitch a shutout every night against the Yanks, Red Sox or Angels. We better hope for a '88 Dodgers like run this year.

chisoxmike
08-28-2005, 06:35 PM
the boys looked dis-interested today

Yeah I know. They just looked like they never woke up this morning. They've got to save up some energy for the 4 games in 3 days.

The Dude
08-28-2005, 06:37 PM
This is pure specualtion, but given Freddie's history, maybe he's enjoying his reunions with his teammates a little too much the night(s) before he pitches. :wink:

From the rumors, that might not be too far from the truth.:(:

Anyone think that the Garcia for Olivo/Reed deal also included guaranteed 3 wins for the M's in 2005???

soxjim
08-28-2005, 06:43 PM
We won the past 2 series. Go get them in Texas.

CarlosMay'sThumb
08-28-2005, 08:28 PM
The doubleheader will obviously be MCarthy's last game in a Sox uniform, then Griffey will be DH'ing on Thursday.
VC
I hope you're right - although I'd put Griffey in center and sit ARow for a while. I know he had a good game today but he's looked terrible lately.

MarySwiss
08-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Holy smoke! Not one dark cloud to be seen? And everybody is keeping everything in perspective? And all is goodness and light?

Awwright, what's going on here!?!

:rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
08-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Holy smoke! Not one dark cloud to be seen? And everybody is keeping everything in perspective? And all is goodness and light?

:rolleyes:That was SO last week!:tongue:

StillMissOzzie
08-28-2005, 08:53 PM
We won the past 2 series. Go get them in Texas.

2 out of 3 in Minnie, 2 out of 3 in Seattle, Hope for a split or better in Texas (always harder with a double header) and call it a sucessful road trip.

SMO
:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
2 out of 3 in Minnie, 2 out of 3 in Seattle, Hope for a split or better in Texas (always harder with a double header) and call it a sucessful road trip.

SMO
:gulp:This is not the same Rangers team we saw earlier this year. 3 out of 4 is a reasonable expectation.

ndu3t4
08-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not too worried about Texas. We've got Buerhle and Jon who are both coming off of great starts and El Duque this series. I've heard talk about McCarthy going in one of the double header games, but I don't think he's been called up yet.

Anyway, so far Ozzie's "good feeling" about this roadtrip has panned out well so far, let's keep it going.

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2005, 10:04 PM
This is not the same Rangers team we saw earlier this year. 3 out of 4 is a reasonable expectation.

Right! Their hitting has been "hit or miss." Their pitching hasn't been too well the past month, giving up a ton of runs, so maybe that might be a nice little break for our hitters. Plus, the Rangers have lost every single series in the month of August. And that statement was not meant to be a jinx.

Medford Bobby
08-29-2005, 08:49 AM
:mad: It would have been nice to get a win on my lone chance to see the Sox this year! After the bottom of the 1st ended, I knew this game was over for Freddy....:angry:

:gulp: But hey, the sun was out...the beer was cold, I took my first born to the game and my home team was on the field, win or lose..good day!:tongue:

ChicagoHoosier
08-29-2005, 10:48 AM
The stats told me Freddy would win, with his road record and daytime record. So, I was disappointed, but guess everyone can't be "on" every time they take the hill.

Did anyone hear Don Cooper say before the Twins game telecast that when put on the spot, without any variables taken into consideration, he'd put Freddy on the bump as the playoff Game 1 starter?

MIgrenade
08-29-2005, 11:09 AM

:rolleyes:

Even Hawk was laughing during the game. Usually he's all pissed off during a loss. I guess nobody really cared about this one, especially the fans, as you can tell by the completely dead post game thread.

HITMEN OF 77
08-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Freddy was way off his game today. That was the worst outting I've ever seen from Freddy.