PDA

View Full Version : Don Cooper to the Yankees??

Whitesox4ever
08-28-2005, 12:58 PM
this is from new york newsday..

Mel Stottlemyre said he's "made up his mind" about whether he's retiring after the season. But he changes his mind more than Steinbrenner used to change pitching coaches.

Anyway, time to consider replacements. Leo Mazzone isn't going anywhere, and Dave Righetti isn't, either. So our suggestions are White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper, who's doing a masterful job, or Dodgers pitching coach Jim Colborn.

doublem23
08-28-2005, 01:02 PM
For now this appears to be another example of the Yankees just throwing out names of guys they'd like to acquire, fully thinking that "everyone wants to be a Yankee," without bothering to check availablity, desire, or basic reality. None of this matters when you're a New York Yankee.

:rolleyes:

I think the Yankees also plan on acquiring Mark Buehrle, Roy Halladay, Mark Prior, Ben Sheets, Travis Hafner, Manny Ramirez, and Grady Sizemore this off-season, too.

DickAllen72
08-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Tamper tamper.

soltrain21
08-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Why would Cooper even want to leave? He has a great group of young arms here that he has molded into the best rotation in the league.

Ozzie and him seem to get along wonderfully, too. Man do I hate the Yankees.

buehrle4cy05
08-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Yankees acquire Aaron Rowand and Don Cooper for minor league pitcher and cash!

RedPinStripes
08-28-2005, 01:34 PM
I can't see Coop wanting to deal with the bull**** that job requires. I'm sure he don't have Uncle Jerry emailing him or blasting him in the papers when someone gets lit up or after a loss.

Clembasbal
08-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I think the Yankees also plan on acquiring Mark Buehrle, Roy Halladay, Mark Prior, Ben Sheets, Travis Hafner, Manny Ramirez, and Grady Sizemore this off-season, too.

They can have Hafner and Sizemore, I don't want to see them 19 times a year!:D:

TornLabrum
08-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Maybe they think Cooper wants to be a Yankee simply because he's a New Yawka, and after all, what New Yawka wouldn't want to be a Yankee?

Unregistered
08-28-2005, 01:46 PM
What's the big deal here? It says NEWSDAY suggests that the Yankees look into Don Cooper as a new pitching coach.

As moronic as it is, it's just one of the many NY rags with a stupid idea. It's not like this came from the Yankees or was printed as a rumor or anything.

I "suggest" the Sox get Vlad Guerrero. It means about the same thing.

Letmehearya
08-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I don't know KW's contract status, but should we win the WS, watch the yankees make a run at him too. The NY media think KW is a genius. Look on the bright side, others want our guys because we're winning. Not much of a groundswell in NY for rothchild or dusty baker.

Kogs35
08-28-2005, 03:24 PM
What's the big deal here? It says NEWSDAY suggests that the Yankees look into Don Cooper as a new pitching coach.

As moronic as it is, it's just one of the many NY rags with a stupid idea. It's not like this came from the Yankees or was printed as a rumor or anything.

I "suggest" the Sox get Vlad Guerrero. It means about the same thing.

I "suggest" the cubune errrrr i mean newsday has found new ways of tampering:angry:

FredManrique
08-28-2005, 03:35 PM
The Yanks just hired Joe Kerrigan as an advance scout, and he's already working with Randy Johnson. I would guess that he has the inside track to being the next Yankees pitching coach.