PDA

View Full Version : Anderson 2006 ROY?

DumpJerry
08-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Can Brian Anderson be a candidate for Rookie of the Year next season if he continues to excel next year or will be here too long this season to qualify next year? I don't think he will be here long enough this year to overcome the votes that Iguchi will be receiving.

MIgrenade
08-28-2005, 11:04 AM
He needs 50 AB's to be eligible and most candidates have just about a full season. Plus, he's really only had one good game. I don't know how many at bats he will have at the end of the year but he may not be eligible next year.

Clembasbal
08-28-2005, 11:55 AM
He needs 50 AB's to be eligible and most candidates have just about a full season. Plus, he's really only had one good game. I don't know how many at bats he will have at the end of the year but he may not be eligible next year.

Not to say that you are wrong, but for some reason 50 AB's seems like a small amount to be not be considered a rookie next year. That could only be 10 games if you play for the Red Sox...or if you are a defensive replacement player that could be as high as or higher than 100 games.

soxfanreggie
08-28-2005, 11:58 AM
If he doesn't get 50 AB, I definitely think that he has a shot. He's got a good hitting ability. If you can hit above .260 and hit 20 home runs or more, you have a good shot. You just either have to play really well or hope there's no phenom pitcher that goes 18-8 with a 4 era or something like that. Anderson has the tools, but will he reach 50 AB's this season...I think he might.

Jjav829
08-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Not to say that you are wrong, but for some reason 50 AB's seems like a small amount to be not be considered a rookie next year. That could only be 10 games if you play for the Red Sox...or if you are a defensive replacement player that could be as high as or higher than 100 games.

Yeah, that's too low. I think MIgrenade is thinking of the pitching number for ROY eligibility, which is 50 IP. Hitters needs to have less than 130 at-bats. Also, a player has to be on the roster for less than 45 days to be considered a rookie.

Hagan
08-28-2005, 12:29 PM
its not 50 at bats its 130. 50 is the number of innings a rookie pitcher has to pitch to be considered a non rookie.

Hagan
08-28-2005, 12:30 PM
darn it i look like a fool! i didnt see the post above mine.

MIgrenade
08-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Ok so I guess I got the pitching and hitting screwed up there. I stand by my statement otherwise, though. Anderson has not been around this team long enough to get real consideration. To be honest, I wouldn't be able to vote for him and pass on Iguchi, that's ridiculous.
Plus with Pods coming back his time will be limited even more.

Jjav829
08-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Ok so I guess I got the pitching and hitting screwed up there. I stand by my statement otherwise, though. Anderson has not been around this team long enough to get real consideration. To be honest, I wouldn't be able to vote for him and pass on Iguchi, that's ridiculous.

Well of course he isn't going to receive any consideration for ROY this year. He's only had one good game. But wherever Anderson is next year, be it with the Sox or another team, he'll probably have a good chance at the ROY award.

Clembasbal
08-28-2005, 01:42 PM

Not a problem, I just thought that 50 AB's was low. I think Anderson has a good shot in the future, i.e. 2006. Even if it isn't with the White Sox.

Huisj
08-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Anderson looks very talented and still a little raw. Obviously, we all saw what he can do in his marvelous game on Friday, and it's clear that he's quite a good defensive player too with good range in the outfield. But at the plate, he still looks a little bit raw and slightly out of control. He takes some big awkward cuts at some strange pitches and seems off balance a lot, almost like a big Juan Uribe swing (although he doesn't crouch down on his back knee like Uribe). He'll make adjustments and get better and more comfortable as he plays more I'm sure. The best part about him: he already looks better than Borchard ever did.

Question: where do you think he'll end up playing next year posistion wise? Who, if anyone, would he force out of a job here?

soxfanreggie
08-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, we could always use Dye at 1B or DH or DH Paulie and stick Anderson in right. This kid has been around awhile, he will show that he can stick on in the bigs and do well or likely bring us a good player in a trade. It all depends on what Frank does...if he can come back at hit the longball like we know he can, then it will be interesting. We would have a great outfielding crew in Pods, Dye, Rowand, and Anderson. Dye can move to 1B when Paulie dh's...or when Frank isn't in the lineup.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the Sox as the waiver trade deadline occurs. I don't know why the Reds aren't more willing to give up Griffey. He's going to cost them a lot of money, and I don't think they have the pitching to win next season unless they shell out a lot of money to get guys. I don't know why they haven't dumped some of the loads of payroll they have in power hitters.

soltrain21
08-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Paulie may not sign with us. I would think that Dye is athletic enough to learn first base, but we shall see.

Whatever KW wants to do is what I want to do. I have complete faith in him.

DumpJerry
08-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't know why the Reds aren't more willing to give up Griffey. He's going to cost them a lot of money, and I don't think they have the pitching to win next season unless they shell out a lot of money to get guys. I don't know why they haven't dumped some of the loads of payroll they have in power hitters.
Easier said than done. Griffey has final say in where he goes. I anticipate a Randy Johnson-like circus in the off-season over Griffey (minus people listening in on KW at baggage claim).

SouthSide_HitMen
08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Whatever KW wants to do is what I want to do. I have complete faith in him.

I didn't like some of Kenny's moves in previous years (Ritchie, Koch). I was wrong about the Garcia and Contreras trades - I didn't like them at the time (Garcia because he was a free agent though I was happy when KW extended the contract, Contreras I didn't like because of the contract). I also didn't like the Lee trade until KW used the money saved to sign AJ and Iguchi which I thought were great moves. I liked the Dye and Hermanson deals as well.

I am glad KW proved me wrong (and many others) and I am inclined to give him the benefit of doubt at this point. Kenny Williams did a great job during the offseason (actually the past two seasons) to build this club we (well most of us) are enjoying immensely.

Go White Sox!!!

FielderJones
08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Paulie may not sign with us. I would think that Dye is athletic enough to learn first base, but we shall see.

Why all this talk about moving Dye out of RF? How many assists has he had in the last few games? What good will his arm do us at 1B?

Chisox003
08-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Why all this talk about moving Dye out of RF? How many assists has he had in the last few games? What good will his arm do us at 1B?

Cmon Fielder, you should know better! This is WSI, people don't think logically here!

Dye played 1st once this year, and because he played it well, people think he can just up and move there, thus eliminating his arm (and glove) in the outfield, and of course replacing WSI's own badguy Paul Konerko

Moving Dye to first base = Worst. Idea. Ever.