PDA

View Full Version : More insults from the Cubune towards the Sox

DumpJerry
08-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Ok, so when the Sox won number 70, first in MLB, the Cubune standings had a "typo" showing them with 69 victories the next day.

Today (Sunday 8-28), they publish our heros' winning percentage as .267!!!!:angry:

Knue, that should be .627. Nice try to make it look like we're behind the beloved Flubs.......

Cowhead418
08-28-2005, 09:40 AM
:roflmao: I find that to be hilarious. I don't really think they did that on purpose, they're just morons.

DumpJerry
08-28-2005, 09:48 AM
:roflmao: I find that to be hilarious. I don't really think they did that on purpose, they're just morons.
I know, but it is fun to play Oliver Stone when possible....:smile:

TornLabrum
08-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Ok, so when the Sox won number 70, first in MLB, the Cubune standings had a "typo" showing them with 69 victories the next day.

Today (Sunday 8-28), they publish our heros' winning percentage as .267!!!!:angry:

Knue, that should be .627. Nice try to make it look like we're behind the beloved Flubs.......

I'm so glad nobody here ever makes a typo.

fquaye149
08-28-2005, 10:09 AM

typos are a part of life...but if you think they would have allowed a similar typo to go to press if it made the cubbies look bad...

the constant errors...there is a different standard of reporting for the sox and for the cubs.

bludupree
08-28-2005, 10:11 AM
We are also not professional journalists or editors and no one is paying to read our posts.

SOXSINCE'70
08-28-2005, 10:14 AM
The Sox will be the first baseball team EVER to win a championship
with a winning percentage of .267 . :D: And what do you expect from
these sCrUBbie wonks????:angry: :angry:

SOXSINCE'70
08-28-2005, 10:20 AM
We are also not professional journalists or editors and no one is paying to read our posts.

Maybe they should.:D: :D: :D: The chances of a Sox fan being
accurate are much greater than the sCrUB-Une admitting a fault
to Sox fans.

But hey,the sCrUBS are still in the WC picture aren't they??:redneck :redneck
WHAT??THEY TRADED LAWTON TO THE YANKS?? :o: :o: :o:

:santo
"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

tebman
08-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Look for this in tomorrow's paper:

In Sunday's edition, the win-loss percentage for the Chicago White Sox was given in the American League standings as .267. The actual figure should have been something else.

In Sunday's edition, the game story of the Cubs' loss to the Marlins stated that starting pitcher Greg Maddux hit two batters, leading to two runs. The story should have read that both batters leaned too close to home plate, in violation of the Official Baseball Rules.

The Tribune regrets the errors.

Railsplitter
08-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Look for this in tomorrow's paper:

In Sunday's edition, the win-loss percentage for the Chicago White Sox was given in the American League standings as .267. The actual figure should have been something else.

In Sunday's edition, the game story of the Cubs' loss to the Marlins stated that starting pitcher Greg Maddux hit two batters, leading to two runs. The story should have read that both batters leaned too close to home plate, in violation of the Official Baseball Rules.

The Tribune regrets the errors.

Well said!

ThatGuyOnTheL
08-28-2005, 11:51 AM

The Cubune editors are more than welcome to come to my office and criticize me when I mistakenly tell a client that his/her company's 401(k) plan is currently worth $169 million instead of $961 million. .627, .267, same difference, right? :D:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-28-2005, 12:22 PM

Would we be behind the cubs with a .267 winning percentage? No teal required.

DumpJerry
08-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Would we be behind the cubs with a .267 winning percentage? No teal required.
Give the Flubs a week and we would not be behind them with a .267 winning percentage.

JB98
08-28-2005, 12:53 PM

I am a professional journalist. The Associated Press wire was down nationwide for about four hours last night. At our paper, someone had to key in the baseball standings manually. Normally, you would just take the copy off the wire and drop it on the page. All those extra key strokes increase the possibility for error, but that doesn't excuse the Cubune. I doubt it was intentional. It was probably an honest mistake. But it doesn't take a genius to understand that typing in standings manually increases the chances for error, and any editor worth his ass would check and double-check that work.

TornLabrum
08-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I am a professional journalist. The Associated Press wire was down nationwide for about four hours last night. At our paper, someone had to key in the baseball standings manually. Normally, you would just take the copy off the wire and drop it on the page. All those extra key strokes increase the possibility for error, but that doesn't excuse the Cubune. I doubt it was intentional. It was probably an honest mistake. But it doesn't take a genius to understand that typing in standings manually increases the chances for error, and any editor worth his ass would check and double-check that work.

Well, that explains it. We all know the value of the Tribune sports editors.

SoxinAZ
08-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Who cares what they report. We're in 1st!!!