AL Central lead is 9.0 games.
Magic Number is 26.

Joosh
08-28-2005, 01:03 AM
"Its the Jermaine Dye Show!"

Go Sox!!!!

Viva Medias B's
Now I know what to tell my doctor the next time he asks my why I can't lower my blood pressure.

:supernana:

:gulp: X ???

itsnotrequired
JD on fire. I'm lovin' it!:bandance:

Chips
08-28-2005, 01:04 AM
Excellent W. Would have been nice to have some insurance runs. Contreas is pitching great. No walks, three runs, in 7+ innings. Hell yeah.:bandance: :bandance:

NDSox12
I loved Hawk's call to end it... "and this ball game is OVAH!"

ilsox7
I loved Hawk's call to end it... "and this ball game is OVAH!"

It was the IRON CHEF call.

mccoydp
Contreras looked great tonight, although I think he was done after the 7th.

Great play in the 8th to get Ichiro out at home plate.

The Sox are back up to 32 games over .500!

:winner

:indianslose

RadioheadRocks
08-28-2005, 01:05 AM
... and that, ladies and gentlemen, calls for a great big w

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Brian26
Ovah!!!

LOL. I do enjoy Hawk's new "OVAH!" at the end of big games. I think he used that for the first time on that Tuesday night win at Yankee Stadium.

So the Sox have won 4 out of 5 all of a sudden. Things are looking good!

elrod
So now we get no post-game show. Just a bad sit-com, halfway in.

chisoxmike
YEA!!!!

What a game by Jose. He looked like a man on a mission tonight!
:gulp:

SoxSpeed22
08-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Marte shut me up. WTG bottom of the order and Carl. Another excellent outing for Contreras. 5/6!:bandance: (160)
(BTW, F you Bruce Levine!)

FielderJones
08-28-2005, 01:07 AM

What a job by Jermaine tonight as well. He's been smokin' the ball.

Ozzie did manage to get my heart rate and blood pressure up by bringing in Marte, but all's well that ends well.

Unregistered
So the Sox have won 4 out of 5 all of a sudden. Things are looking good!They've actually won 4 in a row and 5 of 6. Things are looking better!

ndu3t4
Great job by Jose and great job closing by Damaso. That was a beautiful relay by Jermaine and Tadahito with A.J. making a great reach and tag to get him. Bloomquist made the safe signal when he finished the slide which made it even better.

The Indians loss makes the magic number 26 and Scottie comes back on Monday!! :bandance::bandance:

DickAllen72
08-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Contreras with another great game! :bandance:

Sox back up to a 9 game lead on the Indians! :gulp:

I thought it was interesting the way Jenks call AJ up to the mound to talk, then Ozzie comes out and after Jenks talks to Ozzie, Ozzie calls in Marte. I hope everything is OK with Jenks.

Also note that Dustin never even loosened up tonight in a one run game. I guess he can't pitch three days in a row.

Great game for the White Sox--Back on their winning ways! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

MIgrenade
I had no faith in Marte, but I was proven wrong.

Domeshot17
And

That

Is

In

A

Row

Jose-Dye-Tadahito-AJ

WAY TO GO

Letmehearya
Another 1-run win. At the beginning of this 10-game trip, I would have gladly taken a 6-4 record. 7-3 or better! This game also call into my mind - how do you use Jose in the playoffs? 7th/8th inning set-up man? Have him waiting in the wings early? Nice problem to have. Time for one of these :gulp: or more:gulp: They go down so easy on nights like this.

Revolutn
08-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Wooohoooo!

Marte made me nervous for a moment, again.:o:

Hell of a play at the plate to preserve the victory! :gulp:

Now let's just get out the brooms for tomorrow. :bandance:

SouthSiiiiiiide!

Rev

infohawk
The bottom of the ninth inning was a perfect example of how anything can happen in the game of baseball to potentially affect an outcome. Beltre gets that little 'scuse me hit when he looks on the verge of a strikeout and instead of one out and Jenks churning along the Mariner's get a guy on second with one out. Fortunately it ended up working out for the Sox.

Four straight, five out of six and back to nine games up. YESSSSS!:gulp:

Joosh
BTW, did it seem like Ozzie was peeved when he came out to get Contreras?

ilsox7
08-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Another 1-run win. At the beginning of this 10-game trip, I would have gladly taken a 6-4 record. 7-3 or better! This game also call into my mind - how do you use Jose in the playoffs? 7th/8th inning set-up man? Have him waiting in the wings early? Nice problem to have. Time for one of these :gulp: or more:gulp: They go down so easy on nights like this.

If JC finishes off the season like he has thrown all of August, that will be 2 solid months of mostly domination. He'd be part of the rotation I'd think, as that fastball riding in on righties would be lethal in the cold October weather.

TheOldRoman
Well, it had to be said...

Magic Number - SHRINKING

Division Lead - GROWING

slobes
Jose has been great his last 2 starts.
Glad the bullpen could get it done.

PAPChiSox729
That relay in the 8th was something amazing. Just an awesome game tonight.

:bandance: :bandance:

elrod
08-28-2005, 01:12 AM
The bottom of the ninth inning was a perfect example of how anything can happen in the game of baseball to potentially affect an outcome. Beltre gets that little 'scuse me hit when he looks on the verge of a strikeout and instead of one out and Jenks churning along the Mariner's get a guy on second with one out. Fortunately it ended up working out for the Sox.

Four straight, five out of six and back to nine games up. YESSSSS!:gulp:

That's why baseball is the best sport in the world. I truly like football, hockey, soccer, basketball, golf, cricket, tennis, rugby, you name it. But only in baseball do you see so many crazy possibilities that can turn an entire game around so quickly.

infohawk
Marte made me nervous for a moment, again.:o:

Marte must have a clause in his contract specifying that he is expected to walk one batter for every inning he pitches.

Ol' No. 2
Contreras with another great game! :bandance:

Sox back up to a 9 game lead on the Indians! :gulp:

I thought it was interesting the way Jenks call AJ up to the mound to talk, then Ozzie comes out and after Jenks talks to Ozzie, Ozzie calls in Marte. I hope everything is OK with Jenks.

Also note that Dustin never even loosened up tonight in a one run game. I guess he can't pitch three days in a row.

Great game for the White Sox--Back on their winning ways! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:They didn't need Dustin. They had AAdkins all ready.

:bundy

SoxinAZ
Can Marte pitch one time without walking someone????? Kudos to JC.:)

FarWestChicago
08-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Well, it had to be said...

Magic Number - SHRINKING

Division Lead - GROWING
LOL!!! I wonder if Ol' Bob has recovered enough sanity to be thoroughly embarrassed at this point. :thumbsup:

MIgrenade
08-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Dark Clouds on AM1000. Complaining about BA not getting a bunt down when he was being thrown at. That's fresh.

SOXSINCE'70
08-28-2005, 01:19 AM
That relay in the 8th was something amazing. Just an awesome game tonight.

:bandance: :bandance:

Yet another intense game.I swore Ichiro was going to score in the
8th.Kudos to Dye,Iguchi and AJ on the 9-4-2 putout to end the inning.
Ichiro out at the plate?? Who'd a thunk it.The Sox are winning,
i'm gaining weight,and God only knows how my heart and blood pressure
are going to get through this.:gulp: :gulp:

SOXfnNlansing
08-28-2005, 01:20 AM
102 on the gun for Jenks!!! Sox win Sox win! wtg Dye 4-4 2runs 2rbi 2 dbl HR!:gulp:

halfpricemonday
08-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Nothing like pitching and defense for a White Sox Winner and another couple games off the magic number.

Of course, we've got a couple of Dark Clouds on the post game show moaning about the lack of offensive production and the lack of execution. Sounds like a few Sox fans are up past their bedtimes...

Anyways, let's bring out the brooms tomorrow and give the Dark Clouds even less of a leg to stand on.

soxjim
08-28-2005, 01:23 AM
2nd series win in a row. 5 wins in our last 6 games. :bandance:

hose
08-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Great game :bandance:

Contreras looked awesome.

Dye to Iguichi to AJ ....he gone!!!!

SOXSINCE'70
08-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Anyways, let's bring out the brooms tomorrow and give the Dark Clouds even less of a leg to stand on.

The right pitcher is on the mound.Garcia has lost only once in day
games since 2003.He'll face a tough customer in "Junkball Jamie"
Moyer,but Digger Phelp's son in law is 0-1 against the Sox this year,
IIRC.:cool: :cool:

hose
08-28-2005, 01:29 AM
Dark Clouds on AM1000. Complaining about BA not getting a bunt down when he was being thrown at. That's fresh.

Dolgin's show had about 3 callers in a row that were whining about something.:whiner:

UNBELIEVABLE:angry:

Brian has to start getting a quicker hook on these callers.

DickAllen72
Props to Carl for hitting the winning home run! :gulp:

ilsox7
Dolgin's show had about 3 callers in a row that were whining about something.:whiner:

UNBELIEVABLE:angry:

So that's where people go when they get banned from here...

Hopefully he hung up on them.

elrod
08-28-2005, 01:31 AM
The Sox lost to the Mariners twice this year. Both times Garcia took the loss. And the first game was a day game. Hopefully Garcia can beat his old team this time.

hose
08-28-2005, 01:31 AM
So that's where people go when they get banned from here...

Hopefully he hung up on them.

Dolgin should take a lesson from Wills and give the boot to these drillrods.

LoganSox
08-28-2005, 01:32 AM
is Jose Contreras the post-all-star-break MVP?

The win to start the four game sweep in Cleveland.

The two Yankee shut downs. Including the streak-stopper.

That gem at home against Boston, striking out Manny 3 times.

And now he's beating the teams he should be beating.

He was almost looking like he enjoyed it tonight.

ilsox7
08-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Dolgin should take a lesson from Wills and give the boot to these drillrods.

I don't even own a radio so I have heard neither Dolgin or Wills. But yea, I hope he is hanging up on them.

Ol' No. 2
08-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Dolgin should take a lesson from Wills and give the boot to these drillrods.It took Willsy a while to wise up, too. He'll learn. There's just no point in talking to them.

SOXfnNlansing
08-28-2005, 01:34 AM
it's sad we need to battle the national media, local media, and 'dark cloud fans' instead of having fun with this team. Like someone said in May, 'under the radar' and 'who cares';:bandance: I'll be in Grant Park in November!

ilsox7
08-28-2005, 01:35 AM
it's sad we need to battle the national media, local media, and 'dark cloud fans' instead of having fun with this team. Like someone said in May, 'under the radar' and 'who cares';:bandance: I'll be in Grant Park in November!

I'm enjoying the hell out of this season. And laughing quite a bit at Dark Clouds. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

hose
08-28-2005, 01:36 AM
It took Willsy a while to wise up, too. He'll learn. There's just no point in talking to them.

Brian is to much of a nice guy and gives these drillrods way to much air time.

I agree that he will wise up like Willsy in time.

Kogs35
08-28-2005, 01:36 AM
JC:gulp: :bandance:

Jermain :gulp: :bandance:

Carl:gulp: :bandance:

Jenks-102 mph pitch!!! :gulp: :bandance:

ThinWhiteDuque
08-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Huh.

I thought this might be called The Official "Go to hell Griffey Jr., we have all we need" Postgame Thread.

Great job by the boys tonight, Contreras in particular.

RadioheadRocks
08-28-2005, 01:42 AM
My favorite "dark cloud" of all time was some guy who called into a post-game talk show after the White Sox clinched in 1993, "begging and pleading Sox fans not to celebrate anything yet." Then this girl from Orland Park (I think) called in a few minutes later and ripped him to shreds: "Where does that guy get off telling me not to celebrate? We just won the division for the first time in 10 years! If he were here right now I'd clock him!!!" :D:

I remember the station used that sound byte for a good week or so after that!

hose
08-28-2005, 01:44 AM

The most impressive thing beside being down right filthy was that he didn't walk anybody tonight.

johnnyg83
08-28-2005, 01:49 AM
The most impressive thing beside being down right filthy was that he didn't walk anybody tonight.

Agreed. When was his last start w/o a walk?

Ol' No. 2
08-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Agreed. When was his last start w/o a walk?His last start. That's two in a row. :thud:

SOXfnNlansing
08-28-2005, 01:51 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2005/08/28/c3Ji3nrT.jpg ptc

mcp5185
08-28-2005, 01:54 AM
Agreed. When was his last start w/o a walk?

His last start.

Great game again tonight by our boys. Contreras has been lights out lately. Nice effort by Dye, and it appears our bats are starting to come out of their slumps. These past few games have been the ones we've needed to win, and the team has not disappointed.

:bandance:

popilius
08-28-2005, 01:54 AM
His last start. That's two in a row. :thud:

WOW. This stat is absolutely unbelievable. . . way to go Contreras! Let's keep it rolling and get the sweep tomorrow.

:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2005, 02:09 AM
Am I the only one who went nuts when Ozzie pulled Jenks for Marte? Of course, as usual, I was wrong, but I thought the guys coming up had no prayer against Jenks and that Ozzie was making one move too many.

I'm so glad I wasn't right.

FarWestChicago
08-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Am I the only one who went nuts when Ozzie pulled Jenks for Marte? Of course, as usual, I was wrong, but I thought the guys coming up had no prayer against Jenks and that Ozzie was making one move too many.

I'm so glad I wasn't right.I had no fear when Marte was coming in. :D:

Yes, I was a bit concerned. :redneck

flo-B-flo
08-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Now I know what to tell my doctor the next time he asks my why I can't lower my blood pressure.

:gulp: X ??? Same here. Some lightheadedness going on during the last few games.

Get Back There!
08-28-2005, 02:12 AM
Jenks hitting 102 was the fastest pitch i think i have ever seen. Totally sick.

mmmmmbeeer
08-28-2005, 02:13 AM

You weren't alone, man. I was throwing a mini-tantrum in the living room and told the wife that'd we'd lose the f'n game now. Although it worked out alright, I still don't like the decision. The bottom of that order and/or any PH they put at the plate would have no chance against Jenks, imo.

hose
08-28-2005, 02:14 AM
The dugout must have been miked tonight.

I thought I heard Walker call somebody Jethro, possibly Blum.

Then when Carl got back in the dugout after his homer somebody said something like "big hit, way to add on." It could have been Walker again , not sure.

Ol' No. 2
08-28-2005, 02:16 AM
You weren't alone, man. I was throwing a mini-tantrum in the living room and told the wife that'd we'd lose the f'n game now. Although it worked out alright, I still don't like the decision. The bottom of that order and/or any PH they put at the plate would have no chance against Jenks, imo.Ozzie was terrified of Jeremy Reed.

ElevenUp
08-28-2005, 02:19 AM

I'm pretty sure "marte" is Spanish for "ball four". He still managed to throw a good pitch to get the DP. I have decided not to second guess Ozzie anymore this year.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-28-2005, 02:25 AM

Anybody else miss Esteban Loaiza?

halfpricemonday
08-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Thanks to JC's great performance and JD's stellar night, the Sox have won their first series on the West Coast against an AL team since 2000. Since 2001, we were 16-48 in those series against the A's, Angels, and Mariners.

All I have to say about that stat is...it's about ****ing time!

flo-B-flo
08-28-2005, 02:39 AM
You weren't alone, man. I was throwing a mini-tantrum in the living room and told the wife that'd we'd lose the f'n game now. Although it worked out alright, I still don't like the decision. The bottom of that order and/or any PH they put at the plate would have no chance against Jenks, imo. They have handled Jenks so good. I think this will have dividends.

Chisox003
08-28-2005, 02:41 AM
Thanks to JC's great performance and JD's stellar night, the Sox have won their first series on the West Coast against an AL team since 2000. Since 2001, we were 16-48 in those series against the A's, Angels, and Mariners.

I read that tonight and almost **** my pants .... I thought, "Wow, the last time the Sox won a series on the west coast I was in 8th grade..."

Im now in college

S05X

voodoochile
08-28-2005, 02:49 AM
Keeping it simple...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-28-2005, 02:50 AM
Of course, we've got a couple of Dark Clouds on the post game show moaning about the lack of offensive production and the lack of execution.

Probably the dark clouds banned from WSI.

Around week ago I posted how we had a 9 game lead (which it was at the time) which was the same as 5 weeks prior at the All Star Break. Many were in a tizzy saying the sky as falling. Well over 1 week later we are still 9 games up, our toughest stretch of schedule is over and we are going to be the number 1 seed in the playoffs.

Sit back and enjoy the show ladies and gentlemen.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-28-2005, 02:56 AM
This doesn't belong in a Sox post-game thread, but I didn't want to start a new one:

Watching KC's 9th-inning collapse against the Yankees today was eerily reminiscent of their game against the Tribe a few weeks ago. Boston fans must be feeling the same emotions we were on the night Cleveland, down 7-2, scored 11 runs off of the Royals in the top of the 9th.

I thought teams who wanted to play "spoiler" did so by beating the division leaders, not tanking games against their closest contenders.

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2005, 02:56 AM
I was actually able to pick up Jermaine Dye's home run in my boyfriend's car here in Burlington, Ontario, as we were going to the movie theater to watch Wedding Crashers. The broadcast was very fuzzy, but I heard Rooney and Farmer say "Dye......Home run......Sox lead it 2-0." We were also able to hear Marte get the final game-ending double play in the car right off Lake Ontario. We "high-fived" each other.

I'd like to see if Dye's ever had a night like this in his career...I bet this was a career night for him...As for Contreras...If he continues this, it will be quite a battle for who actually retains a spot in the rotation in the playoffs...He's been lights-out for three consecutive starts. I never thought he'd get this type of consistency after I was at that Monday night game against the D'Backs back in June. He's becoming a quality gamer...Me likey!!

SouthSide_HitMen
08-28-2005, 02:57 AM

Then when Carl got back in the dugout after his homer somebody said something like "big hit, way to add on." It could have been Walker again , not sure.

Question for the board - Harold Baines is my favorite All Time White Sox player. That said, has anyone ever in almost 2 years as Ozzie's bench coach seen him ever say anything to anyone ever? I haven't. The rare times they show him he is looking at something but I have never seen him say anything.

Just think it is kind of funny. Whatever he does I hope he keeps doing it.

Go White Sox!!!

SouthSide_HitMen
08-28-2005, 03:00 AM

The thing about it is we split the four game series in Anaheim and should have won the first Oakland series if those umps weren't so pathetic (and I rarely complain about the umps but they were brutal especially in game three where Ozzie was almost activated and Dye played SS in the 9th). I think we will also win the series in Texas and I am glad 1 of the games were moved from May (rainout) as we are playing much better and Texas looks like crap this month.

ilsox7
08-28-2005, 03:02 AM
This doesn't belong in a Sox post-game thread, but I didn't want to start a new one:

Watching KC's 9th-inning collapse against the Yankees today was eerily reminiscent of their game against the Tribe a few weeks ago. Boston fans must be feeling the same emotions we were on the night Cleveland, down 7-2, scored 11 runs off of the Royals in the top of the 9th.

I thought teams who wanted to play "spoiler" did so by beating the division leaders, not tanking games against their closest contenders.

I really didn't give a rat's ass that the Royals blew that game. In fact, I found it to be funny.

RadioheadRocks
08-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Question for the board - Harold Baines is my favorite All Time White Sox player. That said, has anyone ever in almost 2 years as Ozzie's bench coach seen him ever say anything to anyone ever? I haven't. The rare times they show him he is looking at something but I have never seen him say anything.

Just think it is kind of funny. Whatever he does I hope he keeps doing it.

Go White Sox!!!

Harold always was a man of few words... remember the Growth Chart poster featuring Harold? "SPEAK SOFTLY but carry a BIG STICK!!!" :smile:

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2005, 03:09 AM
Boston fans must be feeling the same emotions we were on the night Cleveland, down 7-2, scored 11 runs off of the Royals in the top of the 9th.

I completely disagree...Boston is actually in a tight divisional race. We've never been in a tight divisional race outside of the first month or so of the season. Seeing Cleveland come back to beat KC like that did not really make me feel sick at all, since we already had a comfortable divisional lead. In addition, on the same day the Indians had that huge comeback, we beat the Yankees 2-1. Boston lost on the same day the Yankees had their comeback.

Because of the huge difference in the nature of the divisional races, plus the fact that we won when our divisional foe had its huge comeback unlike Boston makes the two scenarios total opposites...

HebrewHammer
08-28-2005, 04:36 AM

Last week they showed him chuckling in the dugout. That's almost speaking.

wassagstdu
08-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Every day, every inning, every play, every at bat matters. Man, what a season, what a team! How can anyone in Chicago not be a Sox fan this year?
WODT

cbone
08-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Harold always was a man of few words... remember the Growth Chart poster featuring Harold? "SPEAK SOFTLY but carry a BIG STICK!!!" :smile:

My brother and I saw in interview with Harold back in 83, some reporter asked him a question that went on and on....... when he finished Harold's answer was simply, "Evidently" I think he used that one about 20 times, reporters finally figured it out and stopped bugging him. :rolleyes:

Brian26
08-28-2005, 10:55 AM

Ugh. That AM 1000 post-game show is Dark Clouds Central without Willsy there to keep everyone sane. I stopped listening to that a LONG time ago.

Brian26
08-28-2005, 10:58 AM

Yep. After Blum lined out hard to center early in the game, he came back and Walker said something like, "Stay right there Jeffro...good swing. Stay right there!"

PeteWard
08-28-2005, 11:01 AM
They have handled Jenks so good. I think this will have dividends.

Jenks was rattled by that swinging bunt play and Ozzie must have seen it; AJ did. I think that is why the yank came when it did. He is young, emotional......

but I still would never have brought marte in for him!!!!:D:

That's why Ozzie is the manager and this is a Sox year.:bandance:

gobears1987
08-28-2005, 11:17 AM
This was the first game I saw in half a month. I'm down at Purdue and we have no WCIU or CSN so I was finally able to see a game. It rocked.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-28-2005, 11:54 AM
I completely disagree...Boston is actually in a tight divisional race. We've never been in a tight divisional race outside of the first month or so of the season. Seeing Cleveland come back to beat KC like that did not really make me feel sick at all, since we already had a comfortable divisional lead. In addition, on the same day the Indians had that huge comeback, we beat the Yankees 2-1. Boston lost on the same day the Yankees had their comeback.

Because of the huge difference in the nature of the divisional races, plus the fact that we won when our divisional foe had its huge comeback unlike Boston makes the two scenarios total opposites...
Good points...I guess being a White Sox fan has skewed my perspective a bit! I'm so concerned with seeing our lead get back up to double digits that I have no empathy for teams with 1.5-game leads.

However, saying you completely disagree is almost suggesting you were thrilled to see the Indians win that game (or, like ilsox, found it "funny"), which I know isn't the case. While Red Sox fans should be justifiably PO'd at the hapless Royals right now, I remember being more than a little disgusted over a missed opportunity to increase the divisional lead and shrink the magic number.

Right now, we are fans of the White Sox and anybody playing the Indians.

cheeses_h_rice
08-28-2005, 01:09 PM
That 8th inning play where Dye threw to Iguchi to AJ and nailed Ichiro at home plate, and DJ's hoarse "GOT HIM!" followed by AJ going back to grab the ball and spiking it on home plate was one of my plays of the year. It preserved the one-run lead by getting one of baseball's premier runners at home plate, when everything had to be executed perfectly.

BeefyD
08-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Well, I don't know about all of you and the fear of Marte, but when Jenks was pitching and they showed the bullpen, ADKINS was pitching next to Marte!!!

If those are my choices, give me Marte any day!

Hell, that 16-inning fiasco, I cried when Adkins came in. YES, he was the only pitcher left...but he pitched 2-2/3 innings and had an era of 6.75?!?!?!! Sho' nuff, he gives up 5 runs... Way to go, big leaguer!

Marte! Marte! (Ball four)! Marte!

BeefyD
08-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Jenks hitting 102 was the fastest pitch i think i have ever seen. Totally sick.

Couldn't have said it better!!!! Does anybody happen to have a pic of that sign showing 102MPH? Or better yet, the broadcast screen with Jenks and the speed?

infohawk
08-28-2005, 01:32 PM

I think the Jethro comment was aimed at Anderson because he was just stepping out of the dugout toward the on-deck circle.

soltrain21
08-28-2005, 01:51 PM
I think the Jethro comment was aimed at Anderson because he was just stepping out of the dugout toward the on-deck circle.

No, it was towards Geoff. It was Walker and he said "good swing Jethro, keep it right there."

Geoff had just hit a hangwifem.