PDA

View Full Version : Ben Sheets on DL

SOXfnNlansing
08-27-2005, 08:50 PM
MILWAUKEE -- The news is not good for Ben Sheets and the Milwaukee Brewers.

The Brewers' ace right-hander has a moderate tear of his right latissimus dorsi muscle and was placed on the 15-day disabled list before Saturday night's game against Atlanta.

"We don't know if he's going to pitch again this year," team physician Dr. William Raasch said. "We hope he's a quick healer." The doctor said the injury could heal in as little as 15 days, or could take two months. There are only five weeks left in the regular season. ....... http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050827&content_id=1186269&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

HotelWhiteSox
08-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Eh, they would've had to leap frog too many teams for the Wild Card anyways, I say just shut it down, swallor your pride and make sure he gets in healthy for next year

Huisj
08-27-2005, 10:26 PM
That article makes it sound a little bit more scary when they describe what that muscle does. It sounds like a pretty stinking important muscle for being a good pitcher. They aren't saying this anywhere, but could it potentially be something that hurts his effectiveness ever after it's healed?

Fred Manrique
08-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Eh, they would've had to leap frog too many teams for the Wild Card anyways, I say just shut it down, swallor your pride and make sure he gets in healthy for next year

Don't they realize my fantasy season banks on the strong outings I get everyweek from Sheets? They are going to throw that away, just to save his arm?