PDA

View Full Version : Jndjans lose - 8/27

Chisox353014
08-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Toronto hangs on to win 2-1. Magic number down to 27.
In other AL Central news, Kansas City's 9th inning collapse against the Skanks earns them the distinction of being the first team mathematically eliminated from a division race. :o:

voodoochile
08-27-2005, 07:08 PM
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

elrod
08-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Let's hope the Indian offense goes into one of their month-long slumps.

chisoxfanatic
08-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Let's hope the Indian offense goes into one of their month-long slumps.

I'd actually like to have the Tribe do well in the games they're not playing us and get the Wild Card...Could you imagine a Sox/Tribe ALCS and them HAVING to talk about the AL Central all the time? I'd love that for sure!

Palehose13
08-27-2005, 07:37 PM
I'd actually like to have the Tribe do well in the games they're not playing us and get the Wild Card...Could you imagine a Sox/Tribe ALCS and them HAVING to talk about the AL Central all the time? I'd love that for sure!

Not bad. Plus I like our chances against the Tribe, but both teams have to win the ALDS first.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Not bad. Plus I like our chances against the Tribe, but both teams have to win the ALDS first.

The AL Central has the third best record in the playoffs since the realignment. We can, and have, held our own. Both Eastern Divisions rank 1 (AL) and 2 (NL). I think the Yankees and Braves have something to do with that.

SOXSINCE'70
08-27-2005, 07:48 PM
To quote Homer Simpson from the "Mr.Plow" episode (1992):

"Now,we play the waiting game". As in waiting to see
when the Sox lower the # to 26.With any luck,it should be
anywhere from 11:30 to Midnight tonight. :gulp: :gulp:

Letmehearya
08-28-2005, 10:20 AM

:boston (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=15#)

"This ALDS just goes to show how strong the American League East is. The Indians, having been in the AL East for decades, are for all intents and purposes an AL East team. In my view, the biggest question in this series is would either of these teams be here if Curt Schilling hadn't gotten hurt."