PDA

View Full Version : The Sporting News: Your Turn

StrTrkker
08-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Great letter to the editor in the Your Turn section from a Sox fan in the September 2nd issue of The Sporting News...

The article that suggests that all sports fans must go to Wrigley Field once before they die (TSN, August 12) fails to answer the implicit question, "Why?" For the fan who is interested in quality baseball U.S. Cellular Field is a better choice. In my 55 years as a baseball fan, the Cubs have been a sick joke. The franchise appears to be a tax write-off for its parent company.

Melvin S
Palm Bay, FL

If hes not already a WSI...he should be. Way to go Melvin and heres a :gulp: to you.

SOXSINCE'70
08-27-2005, 11:52 AM
We need more people like you,Melvin.Here's to you!! :gulp:

munchman33
08-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Melvin = my hero

white sox bill
08-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Great letter to the editor in the Your Turn section from a Sox fan in the September 2nd issue of The Sporting News...

The article that suggests that all sports fans must go to Wrigley Field once before they die (TSN, August 12) fails to answer the implicit question, "Why?" For the fan who is interested in quality baseball U.S. Cellular Field is a better choice. In my 55 years as a baseball fan, the Cubs have been a sick joke. The franchise appears to be a tax write-off for its parent company.

Melvin S
Palm Bay, FL

If hes not already a WSI...he should be. Way to go Melvin and heres a :gulp: to you.

In as much as I dislike Urinal, I beleive the scrubs actually are a HUGE cash cow for the Tribe Corp. A write off would assume scrubs lose money. But nice one Melvin!