PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8/26/05 Brian Anderson Has Arrived! Postgame Thread

PushnThaEscalade
08-27-2005, 12:43 AM
:winner:

:supernana:

Brian26
08-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Anderson is the REAL deal!

:winner

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-27-2005, 12:44 AM
call him MR.OFFENSE

Ol' No. 2
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_435042.jpg

Believe it or not,
I'm walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free eee eee.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me.

cubhater
Super rookies to the rescue!

itsnotrequired
Anderson was simply amazing. Another great outing for a Sox starting pitcher. Overall, a great win.

Now I go to bed...about an hour after I planned to.:D:

Brian26
08-27-2005, 12:45 AM
AL Central Lead is 8.0.
Magic Number is 28.

FloridaSox
Is Brian Anderson on the bench tomorrow so Timo can start? Is he in the minors on Monday when Pods returns?

HotelWhiteSox
Great game! Obviously Anderson, more steps to the offense coming out of their funk, although the team sure does love the HR, but the only stat I care about is the W. Also, great pitching performance by Duque, and a nice job by the pen

CanBuehrleWait
Choices Choices.... lets see I'm going to Mr. Andersons thread tonight.... nice break out kid and way to redeem yourself gooch.:D: (we already know gooch rules)

SoxSpeed22
Don't look now, but we just won 4 out of our last 5!

RadioheadRocks
08-27-2005, 12:46 AM
"Do a little BANANA DANCE... have a little fun, get down tonight!!!"

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

JB98
Two bunts and a blast in the 12th inning: This is White Sox baseball.

Over the years, the Sox have not had a lot of success against Jeff Nelson and Eddie Guardado. Got 'em tonight.

mcp5185
Great game by Anderson tonight. Also props to Gooch for his clutch 2 out HR. All I have to say is......:bandance:

Soxfanspcu11
I Dont Even Know What To Say!!!

The Sox Are Back!!!

This.is.how.we.do.

TDog
08-27-2005, 12:47 AM
I loved the way Anderson showed he could bunt when Sox needed him to bunt.

Doesn't Viz now have double the wins of Kerry Wood? Anyone take that bet in March?

PushnThaEscalade
Mods dont kill me for this. I didnt know Brian26 did this already lol

mccoydp
Tadahito is clutch; I just knew that someone was going to win the game with a homerun, and my money was on Tadahito.

Brian Anderson rules! Great game!

Gavin
Ms. Gavin wants to know who that studly 1970's-1980's tv character representing our hero is. I'm trying desperately to answer her, but I can't come up with the answer. Does anyone know?

slobes
Good job by El Duque.
Bullpen did a great job.
Obviously, congrats to Iguchi and Anderson

JB98
Is Brian Anderson on the bench tomorrow so Timo can start? Is he in the minors on Monday when Pods returns?

Hopefully not on the first question. Yes on the second question, although he'll be back three days later when the rosters expand Sept. 1.

cubhater
Don't look now, but we just won 4 out of our last 5!

Yep and just in time. I started getting dark cloud symptoms but am recovering fast!:bandance:

SouthSide_HitMen
Griffey who?

Anderson came up huge tonight. Hope we see more of him down the stretch. Great game - we battled two tough pitchers (Felix & Guardado) and knocked in five. We took some pitches and went the other way. Iguchi came up big. The bullpen came up big. El Duque shouldn't be forgotten.

These are the wins we will build upon and give us even more confidence in October that we can beat anyone, anywhere with any of our starters.

Go White Sox!!!

Brian26
08-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Will people look back on this game years from now like they look back on the Big Frank game at old County Stadium in August of '90 when he first came up?

PeteWard
Following on Gamecast overseas as usual. Can anyone describe the last out please?

Really like the chance for a sweep and game is on ESPN International tomorrow so I can see the boys win their 4th in a row!!! A blow out vs Pineiro I hope.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

chisoxmike
Wow. This was one of the best games of 2005! Way to fight back Sox!
Also, our starting five now have thrown the best 5 games in a row of the year. What's their ERA over the past 5 games?

Oh yea...
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

DickAllen72
Iguchi comes through big! :bandance:

Great game by Anderson! :gulp:

Great pitching by El Duque! :bandance: Politte and Vizcaino were outstanding! :bandance:

Hermanson is great at inducing batters to line out hard! :redneck

Big game for the Sox to win! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Tragg
Competing post game threads.

Hmmm

I'll go with Brian Anderson tonight, but nice going too, TAdahito.

BNLSox
08-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Went to the Dodgers game tonight and left when I saw we were in extras to watch the 11th and 12th on MLB.TV. Wow... Just Wow!!

Mr. Anderson, Mr. Iguchi, and the entire Bull Pen... Have one on me!

:gulp:

cubhater
08-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Following on Gamecast overseas as usual. Can anyone describe the last out please?

Really like the chance for a sweep and game is on ESPN International tomorrow so I can see the boys win their 4th in a row!!! A blow out vs Pineiro I hope.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Deep fly ball solidly hit to right center that Aaron got.

KnightSox
08-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Brian Anderson breaks out,Iguchi in the clutch, and great starting pitching with another solid bullpen performance....YYEESS!!

SouthSide_HitMen
08-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Ms. Gavin wants to know who that studly 1970's-1980's tv character representing our hero is. I'm trying desperately to answer her, but I can't come up with the answer. Does anyone know?

http://www.shiftyeye.com/images/hero.jpg

The Greatest American Hero - smoking a victory cigar!!!

chisoxmike
08-27-2005, 12:52 AM
One more thing...

Was it me or did the audio on WCIU tonight totally suck, I could barely hear Hawk and DJ, all I heard was mostly park noise.

cubhater
08-27-2005, 12:53 AM
One more thing...

Was it me or did the audio on WCIU tonight totally suck, I could barely hear Hawk and DJ, all I heard was mostly park noise.

Only park noise was that damn train!:angry:

Frankfan4life
Winning feels so good! The Sox relief pitching was just Stellar tonight! This win put some hurt on the Jndians. As long as we keep winning, there is nothing they can do to gain ground.

What else can I say but BA rocks and GO SOX!!!

Gavin

http://www.shiftyeye.com/images/hero.jpg

The Greatest American Hero - smoking a victory cigar!!!

We were born in 1984! We're confused!!! Are you Robert Redford!?!?

Soxfanspcu11
Remember When Hawk Said That Your Gunna Win 60 Your Gunna Lose 60 But Its What You Do With The Other 42 That Matter. Im Not Sure As To Exactly Where That Count Of 42 Is, But Put One In The W Column Of That 42 Catagory After Tonites Game

"hate It Or Love It The Underdogs(whitesox) Are On Top"

johnnyg83
08-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Brian Anderson breaks out,Iguchi in the clutch, and great starting pitching with another solid bullpen performance....YYEESS!!\

Great win. Hey Felix turn your hat more to the left so you can see Anderson taking you yard twice. Bravo ChiSox! Another game the press said we shoulda lost.

Mister Anderson... (the original matrix is one of my favorite movies -- by freaky polish chicagoans -- the wachowskis...)

Brian26
08-27-2005, 12:54 AM
One more thing...

The Safeco Field microphones were cranked way up....so much so that you could hear the interaction between the homeplate umpire and Guardado when the ump called an automatic ball on Eddie for going to his mouth on the mound. The ump said, "What do you want me to do Eddy?!"

chisox117
08-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Great job grinding out a win!

Awesome performance by Anderson (against some tough starting pitching). Iguchi & the bullpen!!!:gulp:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Vince
08-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Only park noise was that damn train!:angry:

Did anyone else notice that the train horn only seemed to go off when the Sox were at the plate?

elrod
08-27-2005, 12:56 AM

Dave Hanson came in to pinch him for Warshawski Betancourt and hit a 3-2 pitch into the gap that stayed up long enough for Rowand to catch it.

ilsox7
08-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Did anyone else notice that the train horn only seemed to go off when the Sox were at the plate?

No, that was not the case.

ElevenUp
08-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Great breakout game for Anderson. Great game winner for Iguchi as this game was without a doubt shown on Japanese national TV. Great pitching and "D". Now I need to sleep.

Brian26

The TV show was called "Greatest American Hero". The character didn't really have a super hero name. Premise of the show was that aliens came down and gave him this suit which had magical, super hero powers. Unfortunately, he lost the directions to the suit in the first episode, so the rest of the series consists of him solving crimes and mysteries with some fun slapstick humor while he tries to figure out how to use the suit (fly, become invisible, etc).

cubhater

Yeah, and between pitches when Seattle hit. I'm sure we can retaliate the next time the Mariners come to town with the trains the pass west of the Cell. I'm gonna email Brooks and Amtrak to see what can be done.:redneck

elrod
08-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Why does Mr. Betancourt have a first name like Yuniesky? Seriously, that's a weirder name than Coco Crisp.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-27-2005, 12:59 AM

He is the Greatest American Hero - The TV show was on when I was a teenager (and you were not born) in 1981 - 1983.

You can read about it here.

http://www.classic-tv.com/shows/greathero.asp

The actor's name is William Katt. His character's name is Ralph Hinkley.

SoxSpeed22
08-27-2005, 01:00 AM
"hate It Or Love It The Underdogs(whitesox) Are On Top"Don't steal from Santo=Dorf (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=2164)!
We've won a bunch of those 42, I'm waitin' for the 60 wins.

elrod
I can't believe Iguchi hit a ball so high for a home run. Reminded me of Widger's shot of RJ.

MIgrenade
Why does Mr. Betancourt have a first name like Yuniesky? Seriously, that's a weirder name than Coco Crisp.

Coco is not his real name.

jabrch
08-27-2005, 01:01 AM
For those who were bemoaning the end of the world as we know it after a 7 game losing streak, we have won 4 of the last 5, have good matchups the rest of this series, then have 4 games vs Texas who has lost 16 of their 22 games so far this month. After that - Detroit and KC. And the Magic Number keeps on shrinking.

Nellie_Fox
08-27-2005, 01:04 AM
For those who were bemoaning the end of the world as we know it after a 7 game losing streak, we have won 4 of the last 5, have good matchups the rest of this series, then have 4 games vs Texas who has lost 16 of their 22 games so far this month. After that - Detroit and KC. And the Magic Number keeps on shrinking.Yeah, yeah, I'm reaching for the window sill to come back in off the ledge.

pinwheels3530
08-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Great win for the SouthSiders! Iguchi and Anderson were clutch, and El Duque looked pretty sharp.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Should be a short thread - the dark clouds are gone!!!

elrod
08-27-2005, 01:06 AM
Coco is not his real name.

That's why it's not as weird as Yuniesky.

ElevenUp
08-27-2005, 01:07 AM

He's not Redford, but William Katt did play Sundance in "Butch and Sundance: The Early Years".

Domeshot17
08-27-2005, 01:09 AM
GREAT GAME TONIGHT

El Duque was solid, not great. ANDERSON WOW, THANK YOU WE NEEDED THE LIFT, TADA REDEEMS HIMSELF!

However, have to say the biggest part of the game, THE BULLPEN, Shut Um Down, GREAT JOB GUYS.

voodoochile
08-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Had to close. My first solo close ever in my new career. Amazingly it was an early early night. I got to the local BW3 just in time for Anderson's 12th inning AB. The rest is history. They just wanted to show off for Voodoo...:D: :wink:

More nails and the hammer just keeps on working...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

mr_genius
08-27-2005, 01:11 AM

Whatever... they BARELY beat the lowely Mariners. It even took more than 9 innings!

Booooo white sox, boooo.

johnnyg83
08-27-2005, 01:11 AM
He's not Redford, but William Katt did play Sundance in "Butch and Sundance: The Early Years".

loved Duque's performance -- our starter's are lights f'n out -- and our bullpen is better --- bodes well when you look at Boston, Oakland and NYY's in comparison.

elrod
08-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Yuniesky Betancourt comes from Cuba. It's possible that the name is Russian - with the old Soviet connection and all. The only other Yuniesky on Google is an international chess player named Yuniesky Quezada - also from Cuba.

elrod
08-27-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm most impressed with how Iguchi bounced back after a terrible AB with Anderson on 3rd in the 10th.

TomParrish79
08-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Everyone knows that William Katt's best work was in House

and his second best work was sporting that super-fro in Carrie and taking that busket off the head at the end of it

RadioheadRocks
08-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Everyone knows that William Katt's best work was in House

and his second best work was sporting that super-fro in Carrie and taking that busket off the head at the end of it

Also his mother is Barbara Hale, better known as Della Street from the Perry Mason series.

dcb33
08-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Huge clutch HRs by rookies?
No bullpen collapse?
Outstanding defense?
An early morning White Sox winner?

But how could this be? I thought the Sox were cursed when they played west of Arlington!

The Sox outfield with Pods, Aaron, and Anderson is going to be downright sick for years to come.

johnnyg83
08-27-2005, 01:45 AM
No bullpen collapse?
Outstanding defense?

But how could this be? I thought the Sox were cursed when they played west of Arlington!

The Sox outfield with Pods, Aaron, and Anderson is going to be downright sick for years to come.

What about Sweeney and Young? Cripes. It's an embarrassment of riches. And we had Reed about 15 months ago too. Can we get a 3rd baseman and a left-handed power bat for one of those cats?

chisoxfanatic
08-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Nice! The Anderson has landed!!!

It's time to win back-to-back series and then mow down Texas after that...

Things are looking good...

skobabe8
08-27-2005, 03:15 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050827/capt.waet11208270609.white_sox_mariners_waet112.jp g

Enjoy the pie, BA!

cbone
08-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Couldn't stay awake! Thanks for the recap!!!! Go Sox!!!

TornLabrum
08-27-2005, 06:46 AM

He also played Paul Drake, Jr. in the Perry Mason made-for-TV movies in the '80s and '90s. His mother was Barbara Hale, who played Della Street in those movies and in the original Perry Mason series in the '50s and '60s. Barbara Hale was also the spokesperson for several years in the Amana Radar Range commercials.

His father was actor Bill Williams. I remember him best for playing "Gus Angel" in the '50s series "Date with the Angels" that starred Betty White, long before she became Sue Ann Nivens.

TornLabrum
08-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Yuniesky Betancourt comes from Cuba. It's possible that the name is Russian - with the old Soviet connection and all. The only other Yuniesky on Google is an international chess player named Yuniesky Quezada - also from Cuba.

Do you know if Johan Santana has any German ancestry? Johan (or actualy Johann) is German for Juan.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey, where's the love for Iguchi in this thread?
:?:

This was a H-U-G-E game for him, pounding the game winning dinger in the 12th. Everybody back in Japan is watching Mariners games to see the national heart throb Ichiro, and our guy Tadahito upstages the showboat inside his own house B-I-G-T-I-M-E!!!

And didn't Tadahito have some big games against the "Mothra" Matsui and the Yankees, too? This guy is a gamer.
:thumbsup:

How do you say, "Bite me" in Japanese?

:wink:

brewcrew/chisox
08-27-2005, 08:19 AM
One more thing...

That sounds like a good thing.

Heffalump
08-27-2005, 08:23 AM
TADAHITO!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!

(I'm late arriving to the postgame thread, as I HAD to go to sleep after staying up for the game)

GO SOX!

Realist
08-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Whew. Okay. Maybe now I can stop being the biggest dark cloud that you folks have never heard of. As a courtesy to my fellow WSI'ers, I kept my rampant foul mouthed bitching to myself and a few select close friends this past couple of weeks. None of the usual flippant offhanded aloofness. I was spewing pure venom. I think you guys know what I'm talkin' about. :wink:

The starting pitching has been absolutely unbelievable lately. It's as if they collectively said, "Screw it. We don't need a big offense. We'll win the games on our own." Kudos to the starters. Their playin' their hearts out. Oh... and how about them there relievers too? They've been lookin' really tough and Bobby "Hill" Jenks could soon be our newest darling, if he's not already. Gotta love the fact that he throws strikes.

Full steam ahead, let's hope that we face the Toons in round two and let's hope that we hit the ball in October like we did in June.

The ringer cannot appear to be empty.

harwar
08-27-2005, 08:44 AM
I thought that Tadahito was really pressing last night as the whole Japanese empire was watching.
In his last two at bats he looked focused.
It was great practice for him to get acclimated to the tremendous pressures of the post-season.
Could it be that Brian Anderson ("As you can see we've had our eye on you for some time now,Mr. Anderson'.) is the big bat we've been looking for?
Also,its good to see our bullpen get some needed work as our starters are just too good for them to get in there enough.
The great road trip continues ..

jerry
08-27-2005, 08:44 AM
I posted before that I thought Anderson's swing was too long and and reminded me of Crede. Well I was wrong, he came through big last night, Hopefully this will bring our our hitters out of their slumps. El Duque was good again last night and the bullpen came through.:redface:

DAllen15
08-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Whew. Okay. Maybe now I can stop being the biggest dark cloud that you folks have never heard of. As a courtesy to my fellow WSI'ers, I kept my rampant foul mouthed bitching to myself and a few select close friends this past couple of weeks. None of the usual flippant offhanded aloofness. I was spewing pure venom. I think you guys know what I'm talkin' about. :wink:

The starting pitching has been absolutely unbelievable lately. It's as if they collectively said, "Screw it. We don't need a big offense. We'll win the games on our own." Kudos to the starters. Their playin' their hearts out. Oh... and how about them there relievers too? They've been lookin' really tough and Bobby "Hill" Jenks could soon be are newest darling, if he's not already. Gotta love the fact that he throws strikes.

Full steam ahead, let's hope that we face the Toons in round two and let's hope that we hit the ball in October like we did in June.

The ringer cannot appear to be empty.

I think you make a great point that during the recent skid, the slump was mainly an offensive one. In the last couple of weeks, we've seen some great performances from Freddy, JC, and Duque as well as Jenks transform himself from a bowl of jello into a closing force. I think the pitching staff is coming together like they need to for playoff run.

The only concern that I have is that the recent seven game skid occurred against BoSox-Min-NYY, playoff caliber teams (except MIN but they play like one against us). Picking up games against Sea should be a given, but it's hard to put into perspective when your playing with the lineups the sox are forced to play right now.

After last week, its good to see the boys score some runs again, especially in the clutch!

SOXSINCE'70
08-27-2005, 08:58 AM
I fell asleep listening to the game on the radio.Woke up just in
time to hear Iggy hit the 2 run HR (off "Everyday Eddie",no less!).

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

jabrch
08-27-2005, 09:01 AM
No bullpen collapse?
Outstanding defense?

And we have Sweeney and Young coming behind them. Once Aaron starts making big money, he better be looking over his shoulder. I love his D, but he will be a possible trade candidate if some of these guys in the farm meet expectations.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-27-2005, 09:11 AM

William Katt - The Greatest American Hero show...with Connie Sellecca and Robert Culp.

Edit - someone already got it. How hot was Connie Sellecca though??

infohawk
08-27-2005, 10:03 AM
I haven't had much of an opportunity to see Brian play. It seems that the rare games he has started have been on WCIU.:angry: Obviously, I don't get WCIU in central Illinois.

HITMEN OF 77
08-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Great pitching all around tonight and the offense hit when it had to. What a game!! Glad I was there to enjoy it.

soxjim
08-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Was able to pull in the game with a pair of rabbit ears. I fell asleep at the end of the 10th. Woke up to my wife cheering after the 2 run shot.

soltrain21
08-27-2005, 10:45 AM
So who is the odd man out in the outfield next year? Dye? Does he move to first base or DH?

Ah hell, we will worry about that later.

:supernana:

ode to veeck
08-27-2005, 01:09 PM
no sign of them yet, they ain't comin'!

Ol' No. 2
08-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Were Anderson's HR official HR?

Just wondering how long before people start ripping on him and agitating to trade him. McCarthy's shelf life was about 3 games.:rolleyes:

HITMEN OF 77
08-27-2005, 05:23 PM
The homer Tadihito hit was a SHOT!! That's the longest hr I've ever seen hit in a game at Safeco. I watched batting practice and there was maybe 10 hr's hit total. One of them was by Tadihito and it went to the second deck in left. His game inner in the 12th was hit in almost the exact spot.

HotelWhiteSox
08-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Anderson hits his first two career homeruns against the Mariner's phenom, of whom were also his first two career homeruns given up, amazing! If memory serves correct, no one had an extra base hit against him before that game. And no mention on ESPN *sigh*

ode to veeck
08-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Were Anderson's HR official HR?

Just wondering how long before people start ripping on him and agitating to trade him. McCarthy's shelf life was about 3 games.

The first line here is POTW material ... covering for Crede being on the DL, of course

RadioheadRocks
08-27-2005, 07:35 PM
William Katt - The Greatest American Hero show...with Connie Sellecca and Robert Culp.

Edit - someone already got it. How hot was Connie Sellecca though??

Connie Sellecca.... Rrrrrrrooowwwwlllllll!!!!! :smile: