PDA

View Full Version : You know, we've seen some bad baseball the last couple weeks...

Craig Grebeck
08-26-2005, 02:41 PM
But watching the flubs game today really makes me realize how lucky we are to have the team that we do. Yeah, sometimes they play like a medoicre boys club team, but i'm just really glad we have the group of guys we do. I'm sure the lot of you came to this realization long ago, but it just hit me today.

God bless the flubs

miker
08-26-2005, 02:42 PM
But watching the flubs game today really makes me realize how lucky we are to have the team that we do. Yeah, sometimes they play like a medoicre boys club team, but i'm just really glad we have the group of guys we do. I'm sure the lot of you came to this realization long ago, but it just hit me today.
Welcome aboard!

Craig Grebeck
08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I think the particular point was when Nomar popped up with the bases full a little bit ago...I laughed, I cried, it was beautiful

Rocky Soprano
08-26-2005, 02:45 PM
:threadblows:

**** the Cubs. Some people pay WAY too much attention to what the Cubs are doing.

By the way, dude what's the score?

Brian26
08-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I really can't think of any justifiable reason that a Sox fan, right now, should be watching a Cubs game.

Iwritecode
08-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I really can't think of any justifiable reason that a Sox fan, right now, should be watching a Cubs game.

Sox game doesn't start for another 6 hours and KW hasn't aquired Griffey Jr. yet...

Or it's because we're sadists... :)

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I really can't think of any justifiable reason that a Sox fan, right now, should be watching a Cubs game.It's the only game on. And the way they play is reeeeaaaalllly entertaining. Try to guess how they're going to blow the game today. Chances are excellent they'll find a way you never thought of.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Why do we watch it?

Because we like baseball.

(and anyone who plays the cubs)

mweflen
08-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Sometimes I watch the flubbies just to check out the WGN HD signal.

And to see how they'll blow it.

I never can watch for 3 straight hours though...

Jerko
08-26-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't care if people watch the Cubs or not, but this thread isn't long for the Clubhouse I predict.

TaylorStSox
08-26-2005, 02:59 PM

:script:

Baby Fisk
08-26-2005, 03:01 PM
That belly flop over 1B by Ramirez was really the symbolic death knell of the Cubs season (and there were many to choose from). Now it's like waiting for a patient to die -- not as interesting anymore.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Schadenfreude

itsnotrequired
08-26-2005, 03:02 PM
I work downtown and overlook the lake. I just saw an Ameriquest blimp fly by my window, heading south. One can only assume that even the blimp operator could no longer stomach the game.:cool:

nedlug
08-26-2005, 06:03 PM

My last two-a-day was yesterday, and after practice this morning, we have the rest of the day off... I needed a nap, and I wanted to see todd jones notch another save for my fantasy team.