PDA

View Full Version : Nomar at 3B today

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
I understand that no one cares, but this is laughable, considering that after one game of watching Jermaine Dye at 1B, lots of WSI-ers were clammering for Dye to get more time at 1B...

with Ramirez DLed, Nomar volunteers to play third and Dusty listens. He just made a throwing error on a sac bunt that lead to two runs. muhahahahaha...

TaylorStSox
08-26-2005, 03:22 PM
:?:.

Dick Allen
08-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I understand that no one cares, but this is laughable, considering that after one game of watching Jermaine Dye at 1B, lots of WSI-ers were clammering for Dye to get more time at 1B...

with Ramirez DLed, Nomar volunteers to play third and Dusty listens. He just made a throwing error on a sac bunt that lead to two runs. muhahahahaha... I had thought Nomar was DLed. I guess it's good that he wasn't.

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
:?:.

C'mon man, you don't find it hysterical that the Cubs are so pathetic and desperate that they stick their already semi-injured SS at 3B??

Hating the Cubs is almost as fun as Loving the Sox.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 03:26 PM

with Ramirez DLed, Nomar volunteers to play third and Dusty listens. He just made a throwing error on a sac bunt that lead to two runs. muhahahahaha...

*smiles ......... widely*

itsnotrequired
08-26-2005, 03:27 PM

That whole play was a little weird. Runner on first, no outs. Bunt to Garciapara (who was playing in). He looks to second, no one is covering and he throws wild to first. Runners at the corners. Steve Stone said that the botched play was due to inexperience on Nomar's part. A regular third baseman would know that there would be no one covering second. Huh? Why would no one be backing up second? Nomar still made a bad throw but the bunt was "quick" enough that they could have thrown the runner out at second.

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 03:27 PM

with Ramirez DLed, Nomar volunteers to play third and Dusty listens. He just made a throwing error on a sac bunt that lead to two runs. muhahahahaha...He just missed throwing it to an empty 2B on the wheel play. THAT is why you don't just move players around to new defensive positions.

Jerko
08-26-2005, 03:32 PM
He just missed throwing it to an empty 2B on the wheel play. THAT is why you don't just move players around to new defensive positions.

And here is another reason you don't:

:weewillie

Gavin
08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Really, making fun of the Cubs at this point is getting close to sadistic.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Iwritecode
08-26-2005, 03:45 PM
That whole play was a little weird. Runner on first, no outs. Bunt to Garciapara (who was playing in). He looks to second, no one is covering and he throws wild to first. Runners at the corners. Steve Stone said that the botched play was due to inexperience on Nomar's part. A regular third baseman would know that there would be no one covering second. Huh? Why would no one be backing up second? Nomar still made a bad throw but the bunt was "quick" enough that they could have thrown the runner out at second.

What's really funny is that there were runners on first and THIRD!

Why was the shortstop covering thirdbase when there wasn't a runner on second???

SOXintheBURGH
08-26-2005, 03:56 PM

Why was the shortstop covering thirdbase when there wasn't a runner on second???

THAT is Chicago NL baseball.

itsnotrequired
08-26-2005, 04:01 PM

Not at the time of the bunt. Single runner on first. The result of the play was runners on first and third. Why the shortstop ran over to cover third is beyond me. I'm assuimg he thought the second baseman was shaded towards the bag and would be covering.

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Not at the time of the bunt. Single runner on first. The result of the play was runners on first and third. Why the shortstop ran over to cover third is beyond me. I'm assuimg he thought the second baseman was shaded towards the bag and would be covering.There are two accepted ways to play a bunt attempt in this situation. Unfortunately, what the Cubs did is not one of them.

SOXintheBURGH
08-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I just turned on ESPN to catch some little kid in the stands ask Steve Stone:

"How come you no longer do Cubs games?"

Stone: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

itsnotrequired
08-26-2005, 04:21 PM
I just turned on ESPN to catch some little kid in the stands ask Steve Stone:

"How come you no longer do Cubs games?"

Stone: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

That kid is Marlin's closer Todd Jones' kid. He also asked Phillips why he never traded for his dad (back whn Phillips was a GM).

DumpJerry
08-26-2005, 05:59 PM
:jerry
Ahhh....Mr. Baker....I see you are a genius.....very good.........you follow the Master very well.

Tragg
08-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Nomar - the Cubs' A Rod.

He is beyond finished as a ballplayer. I actually heard Kirtchen say he was a cinch for the hall of fame. LFMAO.