PDA

View Full Version : Some Brilliant Moves By Ozzie and KW

TomBradley72
08-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Yesterdays win really proves what a great job Kenny and Ozzie are doing....in addition the list of the moves they have made that have worked out is incredible:

Replacing Shingo with Jenks with idea of "grooming" him for a set up/closer role in case we needed him. Here we are about 6 weeks later..he gets a huge save, on the road, against the Twins in the dome.
Stealing Jenks from the Angels for nothing
CLee for Pods and Vizcaino...allowing us to:
Sign El Duque and AJ.
Picking up Iguchi from Japan after scouting him by VIDEO.
Uribe from the Rockies for A. Miles
Picking up Blum...just in time.
Signing Dye for a very efficient contract.
Signing Chris Widger after he played softball all last summer. Choosing him over Ben Davis.
Picking up Contreras for Loiza.
Picking up Garcia for Reed/Olivo and Morse.
Picking up Everett last summer for minor leaguers.
KW: Having the stones to hire Ozzie
I know this is more or less a rehash of alot of threads on the board....but man when you see the whole list in it's entirety....you gotta tip your hat.:gulp:

TaylorStSox
08-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Are we in the offseason? I could have sworn we've had this same thread 1324701023947 times every offseason since I've been here.

brewcrew/chisox
08-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. Great job by both guys this year. With what little KW has to spend each year, I like his agressive attitude and his desire to win. Sometimes his willingness to take chances at times bites him in the butt, but I'd rather have an occasional miss than a GM that sits on his hands. I just hope KW can come through before Sept 1st.

Baby Fisk
08-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Here comes jeremy with a binder full of printouts from his blog... :rolleyes:

jehosaphat
08-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. Great job by both guys this year. With what little KW has to spend each year, I like his agressive attitude and his desire to win. Sometimes his willingness to take chances at times bites him in the butt, but I'd rather have an occasional miss than a GM that sits on his hands. I just hope KW can come through before Sept 1st.

One of my guilty pleasure is to listen now and then to sports blab radio, and I've oftentimes heard the word "aggressive" used in conjunction with KW, and there are those who use the word and end up implying that he is reckless - a guy who more or less rolls the dice and either gets lucky or doesn't. I realize that this was not your point, but I do think the notion of aggressiveness has been taken a bit far with KW by some (e.g., sports blabbers who have to fill up their show). A reckless general manager mortgages the future with trades, signs free agents to too much money, and makes "panic" trades. KW has done none of this. Here's to KW, who's looking like a near genius these days!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Baby Fisk
08-27-2005, 05:58 PM
I think long-time posters to this site need to realize that newcomers may feel the urge to post out of enthusiam or frustration...kudos to Kenny Williams or bitching about Joe Crede.

If you happen to come across a topic you feel is overdone, or you don't have a positive contribution, how 'bout you shut the **** up and let those who want to discuss it do so?

Jesus.

Luke
Thanks for your positive contribution rainbow6.

Letmehearya
08-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Big fan of KW, but let's keep KW on his toes.

Jon Garland for Darren Erstad:o:

Thank you Disney for vetoing that trade.

I_Liked_Manuel
08-27-2005, 07:19 PM
I think long-time posters to this site need to realize that newcomers may feel the urge to post out of enthusiam or frustration...kudos to Kenny Williams or bitching about Joe Crede.

If you happen to come across a topic you feel is overdone, or you don't have a positive contribution, how 'bout you shut the **** up and let those who want to discuss it do so?

Jesus.

Luke

i'm guessing that long-time posters on this site are getting fairly tired of the same topics being rehashed almost every week on here.

there's a search function for each forum for a reason

MikeLove
08-29-2005, 01:47 AM
theres also the option not to read this clearly marked thread.... Anyways, I agree, I think the Sox are quietly working they're proving themselves to be one of the better ran clubs in all of the MLB. If KW can keep it up (if its just luck who cares keep it comin!) the Sox can be a legitimate powerhouse for a long time.

skobabe8
08-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Did rainbow get a little vacation? :smile:

Palehose13
08-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Yes. Language filter no-no.