PDA

View Full Version : Todays Notes

Soxoholic
08-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know the status of Crede has it been announced. Last I heard yesterday his finger(s) were being taken for xrays. If anyone has any word on this if they could please post. Also is anyone else concerned about this young phenom we are playing tonight in Seattle. Felix Hernandez has been all but lights out so far, in 4 starts hes given up a combined 4 er. He is also averaging around 7.5-8 k's per start. Anway, we all know how the sox are with pitchers they have never seen before. Hopefulle we can scratch out a few and have duque shut em down.

RallyBowl
08-26-2005, 02:05 PM
They're taking his fingers?

Shoota- are these X-rays official or unofficial?:cool:

Iwritecode
08-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know the status of Crede has it been announced. Last I heard yesterday his finger(s) were being taken for xrays. If anyone has any word on this if they could please post. Also is anyone else concerned about this young phenom we are playing tonight in Seattle. Felix Hernandez has been all but lights out so far, in 4 starts hes given up a combined 4 er. He is also averaging around 7.5-8 k's per start. Anway, we all know how the sox are with pitchers they have never seen before. Hopefulle we can scratch out a few and have duque shut em down.

From the Cubune:
The Sox are curious to see how much Hernandez has improved since they faced him in an exhibition game on March 28 in Peoria. Hernandez looked overpowering in the first two innings with a 98-m.p.h. fastball and a sharp breaking ball before the Sox tagged him for six runs in the third inning of a 15-9 loss. Aaron Rowand hit a two-run single and Paul Konerko hit a two-run homer in that inning.

"I don't think anyone who went to that game wouldn't remember him," Rowand said. "We've already faced him. It's not like we're going in dry. We'll share the information. We've got video on him. It's the big leagues. We have advance reports."

Soxoholic
08-26-2005, 02:08 PM
They're taking his fingers?

Shoota- are these X-rays official or unofficial?:cool:

Per rotoworld
Joe Crede injured his right middle finger on a bunt attempt in the 10th inning today and will have X-rays tomorrow.
Pablo Ozuna will play third base if Crede needs to miss some time.

LauraJ14
08-26-2005, 02:08 PM

Today's Daily Herald says that the Sox faced him in spring training, 6 runs on 8 hits in 3 innings.

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Let's hope we can treat him like Texas treats Brandon McCarthy...

elrod
08-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Seen him in Spring Training and hit him hard. Maybe he's different now. But at least they've seen him. Also, I'm more interested to see if El Duque can keep the streak of lights out starts by our pitchers. Four starts in a row where the starting pitcher went 7-8 innings and gave up no more than one ER.

Soxoholic
08-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Just heard on ESPN 1000 they found a hairline fracture in Credes finger and are waiting a couple days before deciding if he goes on the DL.