PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Again: Levine says Harris likely to come up for Crede

tacosalbarojas
08-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Huh? Where's Gload? I guess it doesn't matter much because in a few days everyone can come up, but c'mon...Willie? More lame sacrifice bunt attempts in our near future I guess.

Soxoholic
08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Huh? Where's Gload? I guess it doesn't matter much because in a few days everyone can come up, but c'mon...Willie? More lame sacrifice bunt attempts in our near future I guess.

What happened to Crede, and why are we the most injured team all of a sudden. Plus id rather see more blum or ozuna than harris.

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Huh? Where's Gload? I guess it doesn't matter much because in a few days everyone can come up, but c'mon...Willie? More lame sacrifice bunt attempts in our near future I guess.It may have escaped your attention, but Gload doesn't play 3B.:cool:

Soxzilla
08-26-2005, 01:49 PM
It may have escaped your attention, but Gload doesn't play 3B.:cool:

Neither does Harris.

Hell, to be quite fair, Harris can't really play ANY position!

TomBradley72
08-26-2005, 01:50 PM
It may have escaped your attention, but Gload doesn't play 3B.:cool:

Willie BARELY plays 3B.

My guess is Blum becomes the primary 3B...Harris joins Ozuna as the back up middle IF.

tacosalbarojas
08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
It may have escaped your attention, but Gload doesn't play 3B.:cool:No, but Blum and Ozuna do so why the need for Harris? Who also doesn't play 3b. But anyway...

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Willie BARELY plays 3B.

My guess is Blum becomes the primary 3B...Harris joins Ozuna as the back up middle IF.Precisely. Seemed pretty obvious to me.:tongue:

Baby Fisk
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Gload to RF, Dye to 3B

:jerry
*maniacal laughter*

TaylorStSox
08-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Neither does Harris.

Hell, to be quite fair, Harris can't really play ANY position!

Again, your defensive evaluations are impressive. [/teal]

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 02:04 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_340393.jpg

"What in the world do I gotta do to prove to Ozzie and Kenny that I'm a major league ball player???"

:KW

"C'mon Ross... 376 AVG?? 1102 OPS?? 14 homeruns and 42 RBIs in 54 games?? Grinders don't put up impressive offensive stats."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/pressbox/photos/headshots_players_coaches/115230_90x135.jpg

"We're just trying to keep the number of ex-Cubs on the roster to a minimum. No team has won the world series with 2 or more ex-Cubs... you'll be in the minors until we win the world series..."

SouthSide_HitMen
08-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Gload to RF, Dye to 3B

*maniacal laughter*

I thought Dye was a Shortstop.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=250427111&page=plays

Bottom 9th: Oakland - J. Dye at shortstop

tacosalbarojas
08-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Gload to RF, Dye to 3B

*maniacal laughter*Harris PH.

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 02:09 PM
while we are on the topic of guys sitting in the minors... if the Sox win the world series, does Jamie Burke get a ring for his one at-bat (strike out)??

TheOldRoman
08-26-2005, 02:16 PM
while we are on the topic of guys sitting in the minors... if the Sox win the world series, does Jamie Burke get a ring for his one at-bat (strike out)??
It depends on the team. The Red Sox were very classy (and a little TOO generous) in the way they gave out rings. Im pretty sure that everyone who played for the ML team at all got a ring. Pedro Astacio appeared in 5 games, pitched 8 2/3 innings and had an era of 10.38 for them last year. They decided to give him a ring. Of course, Nomar got a ring, and he did little more than occupy the disabled list for the Red Sox.

Mickster
08-26-2005, 02:17 PM
It depends on the team. The Red Sox were very classy (and a little TOO generous) in the way they gave out rings. Im pretty sure that everyone who played for the ML team at all got a ring. Pedro Astacio appeared in 5 games, pitched 8 2/3 innings and had an era of 10.38 for them last year. They decided to give him a ring. Of course, Nomar got a ring, and he did little more than occupy the disabled list for the Red Sox.

Hell, I even got a Red Sox WS ring...... :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 02:19 PM
On the subject of being "outbid" currently under discussion in another thread, I would be far more likely to indict KW with cheap, timid and stupid behavior for failing to upgrade the 25-man roster's talent over Willie Harris than any other non-move he failed to complete this season.

Willie Harris shouldn't have made the team leaving Tucson. He definitely should have been jettisoned before Memorial Day. We're talking about a team with aspirations to go deep into the playoffs! You're telling me the Sox can't upgrade over a mediocrity like him with 4.5 months to get the job done???
:o:

Now it's nearly September and one of our everyday players is hurt and the best option the Sox have is Willie Harris's weak act, again? That's some kind of ugly for a team with championship aspirations.
:(:

Griffey is a blue chipper and Graff would have fit perfectly had he not decided to leave for greener pastures. Kudos to the Sox for trying to make the right moves. But failing to upgrade over Willie Harris as utility man... that's pretty much inexcusable in my book.

Baby Fisk
08-26-2005, 02:20 PM
RedSox went way over the top. Anyone in New England who owns an item of Red Sox clothing or has ever been to a Red Sox game got a ring.*** Then they went and raffled off some rings for charity. That was outrageous. Championship rings are symbolic of personal achivement, not trinkets for raffling off to anybody.

***figures may be wildly exaggerated for effect

SouthSide_HitMen
08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
It depends on the team. The Red Sox were very classy (and a little TOO generous) in the way they gave out rings.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/07/13/a_hollow_ring_to_it/

Boston gave rings to raffle winners, New York Times Executives.

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Didn't Jim Rome buy Ozzie Canseco's world series ring a while back???

DannyCaterFan
08-26-2005, 03:57 PM
What the heck did Ross Gload ever do to be kept from being called back up? Here is a guy with a good bat. Something this team has needed badly these last few weeks.

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 04:03 PM
What the heck did Ross Gload ever do to be kept from being called back up? Here is a guy with a good bat. Something this team has needed badly these last few weeks.

My guess is that .376 AVG, 1.102 OPS,14 homeruns and 42 RBIs in 54 games just isn't good enough.

mcp5185
08-26-2005, 04:14 PM

Relax, Ross Gload will be back up in the majors after the Sept. 1 callups. I also think he will be part of our playoff roster, because I can't see Jon Adkins making it.

If Crede is out for an extended period of time Blum and Ozuna will be forced to play at 3rd more often. Harris will be mainly used to rest Iguchi, now that Blum will be playing 3rd more often.

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Relax, Ross Gload will be back up in the majors after the Sept. 1 callups. I also think he will be part of our playoff roster, because I can't see Jon Adkins making it.

If Crede is out for an extended period of time Blum and Ozuna will be forced to play at 3rd more often. Harris will be mainly used to rest Iguchi, now that Blum will be playing 3rd more often.Adkins will be gone before Sept 1. If Gload isn't on the 25-man on Sept 1, the only open spot he can take is Frank Thomas'.

CarlosMay'sThumb
08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
On the subject of being "outbid" currently under discussion in another thread, I would be far more likely to indict KW with cheap, timid and stupid behavior for failing to upgrade the 25-man roster's talent over Willie Harris than any other non-move he failed to complete this season.

Willie Harris shouldn't have made the team leaving Tucson. He definitely should have been jettisoned before Memorial Day. We're talking about a team with aspirations to go deep into the playoffs! You're telling me the Sox can't upgrade over a mediocrity like him with 4.5 months to get the job done???
:o:

Now it's nearly September and one of our everyday players is hurt and the best option the Sox have is Willie Harris's weak act, again? That's some kind of ugly for a team with championship aspirations.

Griffey is a blue chipper and Graff would have fit perfectly had he not decided to leave for greener pastures. Kudos to the Sox for trying to make the right moves. But failing to upgrade over Willie Harris as utility man... that's pretty much inexcusable in my book.

Abso-freakin-lutely!:yup:

I can't believe KW stuck with Crede this long, let alone calling up Harris to replace him. A whole season with a mediocre-at-best offense, full stands for months and a chance for a World Series while Kenny sat around and did nothing (but Blum) is sad.

bafiarocks03
08-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! !!!! Yes Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Call Him Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Abso-freakin-lutely!:yup:

I can't believe KW stuck with Crede this long, let alone calling up Harris to replace him. A whole season with a mediocre-at-best offense, full stands for months and a chance for a World Series while Kenny sat around and did nothing (but Blum) is sad.

Well, KW did get Blum so technically Wee-Willie was demoted from the team though it took forever to accomplish. 25th men come a dime a dozen so there is no good explanation for waiting till July to do the deal besides KW getting complacent with the terrific Sox W-L record.

If the Sox *had* to lose one everyday ballplayer (and I'm not convinced they have yet), I would pick Crede because he brings the least to the team and is the most easily replaceable, even more than Uribe.

Sigh... Willie Harris back with the Sox... yuck.

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
This isn't really "official" yet, is it? Bruce Levine could be reporting inaccurate information. Maybe the Sox will call up Gload or Burke instead?

chisox83
08-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Bruce Levine could be reporting inaccurate information.

Nah...Levine...inaccurate information? Say it ain't so. Pleeeease the guy is a frickin' clown.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Nah...Levine...inaccurate information? Say it ain't so. Pleeeease the guy is a frickin' clown.

We're still waiting for Konerko to sign that new deal LevineLine reported on the air nearly a month ago.

The guy is an absolute dope.

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg
"I can't wait for next season when the Sox are gone and I can whack off to Flubbie stories 24/7/365 at ESPN-Chicago."

TheOldRoman
08-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Well, KW did get Blum so technically Wee-Willie was demoted from the team though it took forever to accomplish. 25th men come a dime a dozen so there is no good explanation for waiting till July to do the deal besides KW getting complacent with the terrific Sox W-L record.

If the Sox *had* to lose one everyday ballplayer (and I'm not convinced they have yet), I would pick Crede because he brings the least to the team and is the most easily replaceable, even more than Uribe.

Sigh... Willie Harris back with the Sox... yuck.
You are right in your assesment, but don't side with CarlosMay'sThumb. He is a troll and a KW basher. He is part of the one man "Dan Duquette for Sox GM" brigade. He has bashed KW for everything he ever did, and will do so with every future move. He is such a ridiculous troll that keeps on saying "We are so horrible, and Geoff Blum was all KW could get at the trade deadline. He should be fired." He fails to accept facts or realize that it WAS an extreme sellers' market where all decent players were grossly overvalued by their teams. He won't accept that NO TEAMS upgraded themselves because of the ridiculous demand of selling teams.
This wasn't even a thread about Crede sucking or not, but he came up with the "I can't believe KW stuck with him as long as he did" crap. Crede may not be a good hitter, but he has shown much more upside at the plate than Willie, and he is a gold glover at a harder position to fill. Crede may be replaced in the offseason (doubt it) but you can't argue that Crede is completely useless like you can with Willie. It was a mistake for KW to keep Willie on the team as long as he did, but Crede was virtually irreplacebale due to the need for 3B defense on this team. CMT is on the troll again.:rolleyes:
Maybe he is Shoota's twin, equally as obsessed with KW as Shoota is with Crede.
EDIT: I found this beauty in another thread.

This is ridiculous that we're discussing playing a backup catcher at third base to replace our every day third baseman who can't hit a lick - and hasn't ever. We're supposedly talking about "the best team in the American League" in the final full month of the season.

Kenny - do something before the 31st of August that should have been done before the 31st of July. Find a decent (around .260 at least) hitting 3rd baseman or outfielder (Griffey?).

Geez.:mad:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Maybe he is Shoota's twin, equally as obsessed with KW as Shoota is with Crede.

CMT is mistaken if he thinks he and I agree. Blum chased Wee-Willie off the team. Only Crede's sore finger *might* bring back Wee-Willie. Meanwhile the source for this rumor is LevineLine.

CMT double-teaming with LevineLine to depress Sox Fans? Stranger things have happened.
:cool:

The Cheat
08-26-2005, 05:15 PM
ESPN 1000's latest update stated that Crede was shown to have no break, and will not need to be placed on the DL. He will take a few days off however, with Blum and Ozuna getting the work at 3B.

Sorry BafiaRocks :whiner:
You're going to have to wait until next week to see Willie and his "It's my turn now" hat riding the end of the bench.

TomBradley72
08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
ESPN 1000's latest update stated that Crede was shown to have no break, and will not need to be placed on the DL. He will take a few days off however, with Blum and Ozuna getting the work at 3B.

:) :) :) :)

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 05:31 PM

Sorry BafiaRocks :whiner:
You're going to have to wait until next week to see Willie and his "It's my turn now" hat riding the end of the bench.When will people learn?

http://images.radcity.net/5176/584831.jpg = http://www.magicmakers.com/retail/clown%20stuff/shoesblueyellow.jpg

Tragg
08-26-2005, 09:57 PM
With offense the weakness of this team, I would rather bring up an offensive player instead of a 2nd utility infielder.

Soxzilla
08-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Again, your defensive evaluations are impressive. [/teal]

*****. Willie Harris' defensive abilities are about as thin as a sheet of paper.

SoxFan76
08-27-2005, 12:18 PM
*****. Willie Harris' defensive abilities are about as thin as a sheet of paper.

Hmm, he's pretty solid at 2nd base. Willie Harris has very few skills, but he can field. I'll give him that.

munchman33
08-27-2005, 12:34 PM

You couldn't be more wrong. Willie has great range, above average hands, and a pretty decent throwing arm.

Don't let his offensive liabilities cloud your judgment.

Soxzilla
08-27-2005, 12:47 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. Willie has great range, above average hands, and a pretty decent throwing arm.

Don't let his offensive liabilities cloud your judgment.

I just don't see it. Or maybe the fact that Iguchi is so damn good has made it difficult to like Harris, but I don't remember him making one play this year that warranted calling him an above average defender.

Ol' No. 2
08-27-2005, 12:50 PM
I just don't see it. Or maybe the fact that Iguchi is so damn good has made it difficult to like Harris, but I don't remember him making one play this year that warranted calling him an above average defender.munchman is right. Harris is a pretty solid defender. He has better range than Iguchi and a little bit better arm. Where Iguchi has a clear edge is in turning the DP.

Soxzilla
08-27-2005, 12:54 PM
munchman is right. Harris is a pretty solid defender. He has better range than Iguchi and a little bit better arm. Where Iguchi has a clear edge is in turning the DP.

I completely disagree about the range. Iguchi can get to balls I've never seen Harris get to, and still make the play. I'd give Willie the edge at shagging pop ups (Where he can stretch out those legs), but if it's a groundball in the infield, I'd trust Tad to suck it up more than (Peapod).