PDA

View Full Version : WHITESOX.COM ticket marketplace now up....

ewokpelts
08-26-2005, 10:45 AM
ST holders can now sell thier tickets directly on whitesox.com.....
Gene

mantis1212
08-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Do you have a link? I went to the site and couldn't find anything...

Rocky Soprano
08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=whitesox

mantis1212
08-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks- I'm gonna keep an eye out here from now on for some good seats...

UofCSoxFan
08-26-2005, 11:22 AM
From looking at it briefly it looks pretty damn expensive. Some guy is charging 86 bucks a pop for row 23 seats??? Pass.

Plus it looks like there are service charges in addition to what you pay...so ticketmaster doubles up on service fees (charging them originally to the season ticket holder). I'll probably take my chances with scalpers if a game is ever sold out....its amazing how cheap they will go 5 minutes before game time.

spiffie
08-26-2005, 11:32 AM
They let you pick your price when you put your tickets up. I am selling a pair that I cannot use, and they told me to pick a range from $30-$300. So if someone has a high price, it's just their choice, not something built in the system.

It's a good idea if you want certainty. Yeah, you might be able to get cheap good seats from a scalper, but then you might also end up with 4 scattered seats, or get to the ticket window and find out they've been scanned already. At least with this the seller knows they get paid, and the buyer knows where they're sitting and that it's legit.

UofCSoxFan
08-26-2005, 11:37 AM
I agree there is risk involved...and I am also aware people set their own prices...and if people are willing to pay it more power to them. It's capitalism and it's great. All I was saying is that those prices are more than I would be willing to pay so I will most likely look elsewhere.

ewokpelts
08-26-2005, 11:58 AM
the seller kepps 90% of the asking price.....so if i ask 35 per ticket...i get 31.50 back into my account(no cash...sox credit st account)....from what i gather, they sell the tix at 110% of your asking price(yor asking price is 10, they sell at 11)....and then you pay to have them emailed to you.....it's a better and cheaper alternative to stubhub...

Gene

ewokpelts
08-26-2005, 12:08 PM
i just sold some tickets through this system! cool!

hose
08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
This new system could have an impact on which package I get next year.

I wasn't considering the full season next year but I may now that this program is in place.

I wouldn't be looking to make a profit but just to break even on tickets that I couldn't be able to use.

This is a GREAT marketing idea, kudos to Brooks.

HotelWhiteSox
08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Only season ticket holders can sell, correct? (makes sense)

I have seats to an Indians game, which will be a good game with them in wild card contention, and a good chance of a pitching matchup, and something came up. It really kills me to let these go though, I really want to blow the other thing off...

ewokpelts
08-26-2005, 04:48 PM
This new system could have an impact on which package I get next year.

I wasn't considering the full season next year but I may now that this program is in place.

I wouldn't be looking to make a profit but just to break even on tickets that I couldn't be able to use.

This is a GREAT marketing idea, kudos to Brooks.
works for 27/81 game plans...my games purchased through ozzie plans are not able to be sold...dont thank brooks...thank the cubs and wrigley field premium
Gene

chisoxmike
08-27-2005, 12:59 AM
I don't get why you can sell them for over face value.

BRDSR
08-27-2005, 02:06 AM

Probably because the Sox still collect the money. Of course, they have to give you something back for that money, but think about it: they've already collected on the tickets that the season ticket holder originally bought. Now, when the season ticket holder resells his tickets for twice what they're worth and that money gets credited to his account, the Sox already have money in the bank for next season. It's actually genius. The White Sox are reaping some of the benefits of their tickets being scalped.

BainesHOF
08-27-2005, 03:18 AM

I agree. The team should not be involved in scalping.

Dick Allen
08-27-2005, 11:26 AM
The prices look too similar to the ones on Stub Hub. In other words, not real affordable.

dickallen15
08-27-2005, 01:47 PM
I also agree, and I'm a season ticketholder.

HotelWhiteSox
08-27-2005, 01:50 PM
thank the cubs and wrigley field premium
Gene

actually, I think most of the other teams were already doing this, I saw it on Boston's site, and someone mentioned on how they get this weekend's M's tickets with this

TomBradley72
08-27-2005, 06:26 PM
actually, I think most of the other teams were already doing this, I saw it on Boston's site, and someone mentioned on how they get this weekend's M's tickets with this

They are....I lived in SF for a few years...the Giants have been doing this since 2002....also a nice service for the team's biggest customer...their season ticket holders.

downstairs
08-28-2005, 07:58 AM

Tickets are a limited item. How else would you recommend they be distributed? First-come-first-serve? That's just as "unfair" in the end...

CallMeNuts
08-28-2005, 08:36 AM

I believe this is technology developed by Ticketmaster in response to StubHub.

Scalping is going to happen. Somebody is going to profit. Who would you rather get the profit?

The Sox are entitled to a profit, and I believe that the Sox really do put a significant portion of increased revenues back into the player payroll, and lately, they have done a good job deciding how to spend it.

Even those who disagree with the above position would be hard-pressed to give an explanation of why a 3rd-party ticket broker making money is good for the team.

ewokpelts
08-28-2005, 09:21 AM
I believe this is technology developed by Ticketmaster in response to StubHub.

Scalping is going to happen. Somebody is going to profit. Who would you rather get the profit?

The Sox are entitled to a profit, and I believe that the Sox really do put a significant portion of increased revenues back into the player payroll, and lately, they have done a good job deciding how to spend it.

Even those who disagree with the above position would be hard-pressed to give an explanation of why a 3rd-party ticket broker making money is good for the team.
With this service,
I PROFIT. My playoff tickets can basically be free if i sell my seats through this, even if i just ask for face. This is much safer than ebay/craigslist......you dont have to deal with low ball street scalpers or jagoff "brokers", and the sox/ticketbastard do all the work for you.....i already sold 2 games through this, and I didnt have to check paypal, or sendoff the tix through ticketfast, or arrnage a meetup, ect.....the money's in my account already and I'm happy...
Gene

Steelrod
08-28-2005, 09:32 AM
To me, this is a no-brainer. As a full season ticket holder, I am able to sell off tickets I cannot use. I have tried Stubhub in the past but they charge more, takes forever to get paid, and have to go to Fedex.
If the Sox make money on it, I don't really care. It's better for me!
As far as prices go, it's the same,.Up to the seller to set the price. Sometimes you make, sometimes you lose, sometimes you don't sell at all. As for the buyer;
It's up to them whether to buy or not. I can't see how this affects anyone not involved, as the tickets listed were allready sold to the public via season tickets, and were never available for purchase game by game. My suggest to those who think the prices are too high is to not buy them!
This is a lot better that the CUBS situation, with tickets withheld from the public in the first place!

HotelWhiteSox
08-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I don't see it as really scalping. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Wrigley Premium service different in that they are actually holding back tickets and charging high prices? This seems completely different to me, as they are the tickets of the ST holder and it is their choice, and I'd say both buyer and seller feel more comfortable going through the Sox system, and hopefully, most of the ST holders are trying to not waste their tix they can't use, rather than try to make a bunch of money.

ewokpelts
08-30-2005, 05:13 PM
tickets are flying through this system......the white sox wire sent out an email advertising this today, and the ticket supply got low real quick...
Gene

tromcoe
08-31-2005, 12:46 AM
They need to be able to come up with a way to also transfer the pre-paid parking also

ewokpelts
09-01-2005, 07:04 AM
well...i just found out that they wont let you use money made from selling tix to pay off playoff balances....:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gene