PDA

View Full Version : At least Kenny tried: Levineline says SOX almost had Graffanino

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 11:04 AM
I listened to MJ&H yesterday afternoon, and they were asking him why
the SOX werent able to get anyone. Levineline said that KW made
a very hard push for ex-SOX Tony Graffanino (why did we let him go again?)
and had a deal done, but the Red Cubs swooped in and made a better deal.

He also said that KW went hard after Joe Randa and also had a deal done,
but that it fell thru also with a better offer. He said KW should get
credit ........

*SIGHS* well, at least he tried. These were the guys we all wanted

Lip Man 1
08-26-2005, 11:08 AM
I remember seeing Levine say this a few weeks ago during Chicago Tribune Live.

Lip

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 11:11 AM

Lip

really? I had no idea ........ he was on the air yesterday, and was very matter-of-fact about it, as MJ&H didnt seem to know this either ......

steff
08-26-2005, 11:17 AM

Lip

Yep. Before the Boston series.

UofCSoxFan
08-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Everyone complains about us losing Tony G and while I would love to have him now, the reason he left was that he was given the opportunity to start in KC and would only be a backup here. The money may or may not have been better in KC accordingly, but the fact is he wanted to start, something we just couldn't provide.

fahQ
08-26-2005, 11:21 AM
a very hard push for ex-SOX Tony Graffanino (why did we let him go again?)
and had a deal done, but the Red Cubs swooped in and made a better deal.

He also said that KW went hard after Joe Randa and also had a deal done,
but that it fell thru also with a better offer. He said KW should get
credit ........

*SIGHS* well, at least he tried. These were the guys we all wanted

We didn't exactly let him go, we just wanted to keep him as a utility player and the guy wanted a full time role so he left for Kansas City.

dickallen15
08-26-2005, 11:24 AM
While its great he tried, trying isn't good enough. Results matter. He obviously could have sweetened his offer, but decided not to.

steff
08-26-2005, 11:25 AM
KW made a very hard push for ex-SOX Tony Graffanino (why did we let him go again?)

We didn't.

steff
08-26-2005, 11:27 AM
While its great he tried, trying isn't good enough. Results matter. He obviously could have sweetened his offer, but decided not to.

Sweetened = overpay. No thanks.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 11:39 AM
We didn't exactly let him go, we just wanted to keep him as a utility player and the guy wanted a full time role so he left for Kansas City.

And then KC promptly demoted him and got rid of him.

Stupid Sox...

:nuts:

SoxinAZ
08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
This isn't horseshoes, almost doesn't count!

Jjav829
08-26-2005, 11:46 AM
These were the guys we all wanted

Speak for yourself. I don't remember the masses here clamoring for the Sox to bring back Graffanino or to acquire Randa. There were a select few people who wanted these guys, but that was about it.

Rocky Soprano
08-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Speak for yourself. I don't remember the masses here clamoring for the Sox to bring back Graffanino or to acquire Randa. There were a select few people who wanted these guys, but that was about it.

Exactly. The only person that was clamoring for Randa is banned.

And Graffanino is NOT the extra bat we need.

Dick Allen
08-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Whether everybody on this board wanted these players or not, the fact is the Sox were outbid, which has become all too familiar a refrain. Especially when considering that JR supposedly gave Kenny the OK to spend more to get to a World Series.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Whether everybody on this board wanted these players or not, the fact is the Sox were outbid, which has become all too familiar a refrain. Especially when considering that JR supposedly gave Kenny the OK to spend more to get to a World Series.

Look, I hate to interrupt you mid-rant, but Graffanino admitted his primary reason for leaving for KC was an opportunity to play everyday. Furthermore he was given a private audience with the Chairman himself to discuss this very point. Reinsdorf was even quoted complimenting Graff for putting playing time ahead of money. He wished him well because the Sox couldn't promise him everyday status -- what KC was offering.

Graff isn't an everyday player -- not even for Kansas City. The fact he is now platooning in Boston would be a good indication you've already lost this argument.

But please continue... you're so entertaining with your "Reinsdorf is cheap" rant. Next Hangar will chip in with a rant about ushers keeping fans from sitting in seats they didn't pay for... but it's Reinsdorf who is cheap.
:cool:

skobabe8
08-26-2005, 12:33 PM
How many supposed deals this year were "all but done", only to be nixed at the last second?

Must be a record.

Dick Allen
08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Look, I hate to interrupt you mid-rant, but Graffanino admitted his primary reason for leaving for KC was an opportunity to play everyday. Furthermore he was given a private audience with the Chairman himself to discuss this very point. Reinsdorf was even quoted complimenting Graff for putting playing time ahead of money. He wished him well because the Sox couldn't promise him everyday status -- what KC was offering.

Graff isn't an everyday player -- not even for Kansas City. The fact he is now in Boston and playing backup would be a good indication you've already lost this argument.

But please continue... you're so entertaining with your "Reinsdorf is cheap" rant. Next Hangar will chip in with a rant about ushers keeping fans from sitting in seats they didn't pay for... but it's Reinsdorf who is cheap.
:cool:
Hold on. I'm not saying I wanted these players, as I first mentioned in my post. And I'm not even saying Reinsdorf is cheap, although that's still probably not all that far from the truth. But when you are going up against teams especially like the Red Sox and Yankees, who seemingly have unlimited means, it seems we're always going to be "outbid". That's just the facts, as we have seen all too often. Maybe that will change, we can only hope.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
How many supposed deals this year were "all but done", only to be nixed at the last second?

Must be a record.

Pfft... you obviously don't remember the Ron Schueler era. That guy had more deals that never happened in a single season than KW was ever linked to in five seasons going back to 2000.

:schueler
"Is the guy a free agent? Oh yeah, the Sox are interested. I'll fax over an offer."

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 12:47 PM
...But when you are going up against teams especially like the Red Sox and Yankees, who seemingly have unlimited means, it seems we're always going to be "outbid".

I'm not aware anyone but you (and maybe Hangar) would claim the term "outbid" includes guaranteed playing time. Graffanino and Reinsdorf left each other amicably not over money, but playing time.

Why is this so hard to accept? KC placed a stupid bet on Graffy's everyday playing ability and they've already admitted their mistake. He's playing in Boston now, and even the Red Sox don't play him everyday.

Reality is a bitch. If Graff had been willing to face the music at the end of the 2003 season, he would probably still be with the White Sox.

Facts are Graff is primarily a secondbasemen and the Sox with Tadahito Iguchi have ten-times the secondbasemen than Tony Graffanino will ever be even in his wettest dreams.

UofCSoxFan
08-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Hold on. I'm not saying I wanted these players, as I first mentioned in my post. And I'm not even saying Reinsdorf is cheap, although that's still probably not all that far from the truth. But when you are going up against teams especially like the Red Sox and Yankees, who seemingly have unlimited means, it seems we're always going to be "outbid". That's just the facts, as we have seen all too often. Maybe that will change, we can only hope.

Being outbid in a trade has nothing to do with being cheap (unless it involves taken on salary). The fact that we didn't want to trade a top prospect for a back-up UINF, which you conted we should have done to outbid Boston, is not cheap, but rational.

UofCSoxFan
08-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Also, when is the last time KC outbid anyone for a FA??? sometime in the 80s?

Dick Allen
08-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Being outbid in a trade has nothing to do with being cheap (unless it involves taken on salary). The fact that we didn't want to trade a top prospect for a back-up UINF, which you conted we should have done to outbid Boston, is not cheap, but rational.AGAIN, I am not saying that we should have gone after Graffanino. I am merely stating that we have consistently been "outbid" on players, whether it has to do with money or prospects. Those are facts. In order to get to a World Series, we just may have to stop being outbid all the time.

UofCSoxFan
08-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Again, I respectfully disagree with regards to us being outid "consistently." Unless I was asleep for 3 weeks, I didn't see many players going to anyone at the trade deadline. This off-season we signed (aka outbid for) Iguchi, Dye, AJ, Hermy, and el Duque. We don't have the luxury of a 200 million doller payroll to make up for carelessly throwing away prospects in exchange for marginal improvements. The Yankees farm system is crap now b/c they traded it all away (a lot of it to the Twins unfortunately). They were winning championships with Williams, Jeter, Rivera, and Posada...all that came through their farm system. When they stopped bringing guys up and starting bringing guys in the payroll skyrocked and the team stopped winning championships.

Do I want to see Griffey, do I want to overpay a little to win now...YES. But I wouldn't trade McCarthy, Young, Anderson, Sweeney, and Jenks to get the deal done either.

Iwritecode
08-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Also, when is the last time KC outbid anyone for a FA??? sometime in the 80s?

I was just thinking that as well.

The words "outbid by KC" should never be used in a sentence when talking about the 2004 season...

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
AGAIN, I am not saying that we should have gone after Graffanino. I am merely stating that we have consistently been "outbid" on players, whether it has to do with money or prospects. Those are facts. In order to get to a World Series, we just may have to stop being outbid all the time.

The Sox have historically been one piece (or more) of the puzzle short of a championship team. After 87 years this ought to be obvious...

Claiming the Sox are somehow at fault over losing Graffanino in 2003 is really stretching the term "outbid." I would fault them 100-times more for (presumably) not getting Griffey -- except it's the Reds' owner who admits he personally spiked the deal.

I've been a huge critic of "cheap, timid and stupid" Sox behavior, but even I'm giving KW and JR a pass for what has transpired since Opening Day.

Iwritecode
08-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Do I want to see Griffey, do I want to overpay a little to win now...YES. But I wouldn't trade McCarthy, Young, Anderson, Sweeney, and Jenks to get the deal done either.

If it guaranteed a WS trophy, I would.

We've been waiting long enough...

UofCSoxFan
08-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately Griffey does not guarantee we win a world series, let alone a five game series to start the playoffs.

Dick Allen
08-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Again, I respectfully disagree with regards to us being outid "consistently." Unless I was asleep for 3 weeks, I didn't see many players going to anyone at the trade deadline. This off-season we signed (aka outbid for) Iguchi, Dye, AJ, Hermy, and el Duque. We don't have the luxury of a 200 million doller payroll to make up for carelessly throwing away prospects in exchange for marginal improvements. The Yankees farm system is crap now b/c they traded it all away (a lot of it to the Twins unfortunately). They were winning championships with Williams, Jeter, Rivera, and Posada...all that came through their farm system. When they stopped bringing guys up and starting bringing guys in the payroll skyrocked and the team stopped winning championships.

Do I want to see Griffey, do I want to overpay a little to win now...YES. But I wouldn't trade McCarthy, Young, Anderson, Sweeney, and Jenks to get the deal done either.I agree with you that we shouldn't grossly overpay for a player. And I am not sure how many teams we actually out bid for the players that you mentioned, since a few of them came relatively cheaply. But having not been in a World Series for 46 years, getting "outbid" tends to become a little frustrating. Especially when they seem to be so close to getting there. And the fact that there were few deals made at the trade deadline is mainly a product of the Wild Card fiasco.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Point of this thread was Me hearing for the 1st time that KW DID INDEED
try to Re-acquire Tony Graffanino from KC, actually had a deal done, but
was outbid by the Bosox. I threw in the "why did we let him go" because
I dont care what he said to the Chairman, I wouldve made sure he stayed here

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 01:32 PM
I dont care what he said to the Chairman, I wouldve made sure he stayed hereThat kind of thing was made illegal in the 1860's. They fought a war over it. It was in all the papers.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-26-2005, 01:34 PM
AGAIN, I am not saying that we should have gone after Graffanino. I am merely stating that we have consistently been "outbid" on players, whether it has to do with money or prospects. Those are facts. In order to get to a World Series, we just may have to stop being outbid all the time.

Were we outbid on AJ, El Duque, Iguchi, Dye, Hermanson?

http://johnstewart.com/pics/canoe/july2004/thumb/DSCN6514.JPG
Well? We're waiting.

Kenny made his moves in the offseason. Boston needed Graffanino more than us between their injuries in the middle infield and Bellhorn who was so bad he couldn't beat out Graffanino and Alex Cora and thus gave up more.

If JR was so cheap he wouldn't have signed off on the Griffey deal Kenny finalized before Lindner cancelled it after it was agreed upon.

EDIT - I see as I have read further down the thread several posters have already made these points so sorry about the redundancy. I guess I offered a Judge Smails appearance at WSI which can never be a bad thing.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 01:39 PM

This coming from the guy who routinely buys a cheap ticket to get inside the ballpark and then attempts to steal from the team a premium view of the game.

Give it up, Hangar. You have absolutely no credibility on this subject, cheapskate that you are and defend your right to be.

:kukoo:

Dick Allen
08-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Were we outbid on AJ, El Duque, Iguchi, Dye?

http://johnstewart.com/pics/canoe/july2004/thumb/DSCN6514.JPG
Well? We're waiting.

Kenny made his moves in the offseason. Boston needed Graffanino more than us between their injuries in the middle infield and Bellhorn who was so bad he couldn't beat out Graffanino and Alex Cora and thus gave up more.

If JR was so cheap he wouldn't have signed off on the Griffey deal Kenny finalized before Lindner cancelled it after it was agreed upon.Read my previous post. I'm saying that whatever the circumstance, we have not been to a World Series in 46 years. Management may just eventually have to bite the bullet and outbid other teams for the services of a player that can get them over the hump. Maybe it would have happened with Griffey. The fact is, we are still looking. And there has been a history of being outbid for key players. Those are facts, that's all I'm saying.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Read my previous post. I'm saying that whatever the circumstance, we have not been to a World Series in 46 years. Management may just eventually have to bite the bullet and outbid other teams for the services of a player that can get them over the hump. Maybe it would have happened with Griffey. The fact is, we are still looking. And there has been a history of being outbid for key players. Those are facts, that's all I'm saying.

And who outbid us for Griffey? We had the best offer. JR signed off on it. KW had an agreement with Dan O'Brien. The agreement was shot down afterwards by the owner who is trying to dump the team and wants to get as much $ as he can from the buyer and a team with Griffey is worth more in terms of ticket sales, marketability than one with Willie Mo Pena patrolling CF.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Read my previous post. I'm saying that whatever the circumstance, we have not been to a World Series in 46 years. Management may just eventually have to bite the bullet and outbid other teams for the services of a player that can get them over the hump. Maybe it would have happened with Griffey. The fact is, we are still looking. And there has been a history of being outbid for key players. Those are facts, that's all I'm saying.

The FACTS are sometimes the reason a deal doesn't get done has absolutely nothing to do with money. Graff wanted to play everyday and the Reds' owner didn't want to upset his new potential partner by trading away Griffey.

These are THE FACTS, DA. Why you keep ignoring them and whining about being "outbid" is truly puzzling... especially when it keeps getting pointed out for you over and over again.
:o:

Dick Allen
08-26-2005, 01:52 PM
The FACTS are sometimes the reason a deal doesn't get done has absolutely nothing to do with money. Graff wanted to play everyday and the Reds' owner didn't want to upset his new potential partner by trading away Griffey.

These are THE FACTS, DA. Why you keep ignoring them and whining about being "outbid" is truly puzzling... especially when it keeps getting pointed out for you over and over again.
:o:We haven't been to a World Series in 46 years. That's the biggest fact. I understand there was a deal for Griffey. Unfortunately, it didn't get done. And I don't care about the Graffanino situation from two years ago, he's not a difference maker. I'm just saying that there's been a history of being outbid, otherwise we may not have been waiting 46 years. That's all I'm saying, NOT whining. We can agree to disagree on this, that's what makes this crazy world go round. And that's the last I'll say.

steff
08-26-2005, 01:58 PM

To be factual.. he said the deal "fell apart" not that the Sox were outbid.

Not surprised. I bet you think Crede is better than ARod, too. :rolleyes:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 02:04 PM
...I'm just saying that there's been a history of being outbid, otherwise we may not have been waiting 46 years. That's all I'm saying, NOT whining. We can agree to disagree on this, that's what makes this crazy world go round. And that's the last I'll say.

I doubt you'll get much argument from anyone (least of all me) about the previous 86 years worth of Sox futility and stupidity. Given the title of this thread, complaining here about being "outbid" 1917 to present seems foolish.

Palehose13
08-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Not surprised. I bet you think Crede is better than ARod, too. :rolleyes:

:bundy

HE'S NOT?!?!?!?!

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I doubt you'll get much argument from anyone (least of all me) about the previous 86 years worth of Sox futility and stupidity. Given the title of this thread, complaining here about being "outbid" 1917 to present seems foolish.

I wanted Graffanino back on the SOX as a utility guy. We didnt get him.
Boston apparantly gets him in a trade. I was mad, seemed we didnt go after him. Levineline says Kenny did indeed go after him and "had a deal but was outbid by Boston". I patted KW for at least trying.

steff
08-26-2005, 02:08 PM
I wanted Graffanino back on the SOX as a utility guy. We didnt get him.
Boston apparantly gets him in a trade. I was mad, seemed we didnt go after him. Levineline says Kenny did indeed go after him and "had a deal but was outbid by Boston". I patted KW for at least trying.

No, that's not what was said.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Im Complimenting KW for trying to get Graffanino.

steff
08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Im Complimenting KW for trying to get Graffanino.

And you're posting bull**** while doing it. Trying to make an argument about the Sox alllllllllways getting outbid and using this as an example. "Outbid" was never said by Bruce.

White Sox Randy
08-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Our team is not flawless ?

Every team that wins the World Series is flawless.

Every team that doesn't win the W.S., the GM didn't make enough moves to get the job done, right ?

If we win, then KW made enough / the right moves.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 02:21 PM
And you're posting bull**** while doing it. Trying to make an argument about the Sox alllways getting outbid and using this as an example. "Outbid" was never said my Bruce.

Per bruce levinline. He said KW was disappointed, had deals in place,
but at the last second .........was outbid by the other teams at the last second.
Of course, I wasnt there during the trade talks, so I can only go with what Bruce Levine said.
What I got out of the broadcast, per the LINE OF QUESTIONING, was that it
seemed (to them) that KW didnt do much before the deadline, and ........
Levinline said that KW did indeed try something, it didnt work out.
At least he tried was my response

Im quite sure he wasnt under-bid

Jerko
08-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I Luuuuuuuuuuv when Steff spanks Hangar. Really though, all this fuss over Graffanino? I liked the guy but he's not the second coming.

steff
08-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Per bruce levinline. He said KW was disappointed, had deals in place,
but at the last second .........was outbid by the other teams at the last second.
Of course, I wasnt there during the trade talks, so I can only go with what Bruce Levine said.
What I got out of the broadcast, per the LINE OF QUESTIONING, was that it
seemed (to them) that KW didnt do much before the deadline, and ........
Levinline said that KW did indeed try something, it didnt work out.
At least he tried was my response

Im quite sure he wasnt under-bid

The quote was "those deals fell apart".

Why must you embellish..?

Letmehearya
08-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Truth be told: we were outbid for Dye. Dye, to his credit, honored a verbal commitment he made to KW. Dye was offered more money by [I can't recall what team] but signed with the Sox. Whenever I hear about the Sox being "outbid" I recall the story of JR's last minute offer to Alex Fernandez which he [JR] knew his offer of 5 years for $30 million was still below what Florida offered Alex. I remember the media lackey's singing JR's praises for "making a great last minute offer." I still miss Bartolo.

KW's trying hard. Iguchi, AJ, Pods and El Duque for Carlos Lee? KW's Executive of the Year for that alone.

steff
08-26-2005, 02:30 PM
I Luuuuuuuuuuv when Steff spanks Hangar. Really though, all this fuss over Graffanino? I liked the guy but he's not the second coming.

Fuss over Graffy.. no. Fuss over intentionally mis-quoting to inadvertantly make the Sox look like cheap asses... yes. And save it Henry.. that's exactly what you're doing and you know it.

Rocky Soprano
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Fuss over Graddy.. no. Fuss over intentionally mis-quoting to inadvertantly make the Sox look like cheap asses... yes. And save it Henry.. that's exactly what you're doing and you know it.

That's all that Henry ever does. For the life of me, I don't understand how he is a Sox fan. Seems to me, 90% (and I'm being nice) of his posts are always to complain.

steff
08-26-2005, 02:33 PM
That's all that Henry ever does. For the life of me, I don't understand how he is a Sox fan. Seems to me, 90% (and I'm being nice) of his posts are always to complain.

98.842331% to be exact.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 02:36 PM

Spanking me .......for what? MJ&H interviewed Levineline, and they said
Hey Kenny didnt do anything, Levineline says no, he actually had 2 deals done, For finding out that KW did try to get Graff,
but was outbid, and I simply complimented him for it. I thought he didnt
do anything. I started acknowledging this .......

steff
08-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Spanking me .......for what? MJ&H interviewed Levineline, and they said Hey Kenny didnt do anything, Levineline says no, he actually had 2 deals done, For finding out that KW did try to get Graff, but was outbid, and I simply complimented him for it. I thought he didnt do anything. I started acknowledging this .......

And then you started lying. It's full circle with you.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
And then you started lying. It's full circle with you.

Ok, I admit it. Kenny didnt try to deal for Graff. Bruce Levine
wasnt on the radio yesterday, and definitely didnt talk about KW
trying to make a deal for Graff. Im Busted.

steff
08-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Ok, I admit it. Kenny didnt try to deal for Graff. Bruce Levine wasnt on the radio yesterday, and definitely didnt talk about KW
trying to make a deal for Graff. Im Busted.

If that's what I was questioning that would have been a good rebuttal. Stick to the facts Henry... Wait... LMAO.. what the hell am I saying.. I'm conversing with you afterall.. facts... :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
08-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I Luuuuuuuuuuv when Steff spanks Hangar. Really though, all this fuss over Graffanino? I liked the guy but he's not the second coming.Steff's spanking? Oooo...can I be next?:tongue:

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Bruce Levine ......... I know you Lurk here, Can you please
sign on and end this ....... Mac? Jurko ?

steff
08-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Steff's spanking? Oooo...can I be next?:tongue:

Maybe I can get a booth set up on the 8th.. :D:

Jerko
08-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Steff's spanking? Oooo...can I be next?:tongue:

Hey, it was my idea!

Hangar I think Steff is just doubting the use of the word "outbid", not the actual fact that Levine said the deals "fell through".

voodoochile
08-26-2005, 02:53 PM

I think that's "doable", but you better talk to the Sox early or you might get outbid for lead spanker...:wink:

steff
08-26-2005, 02:55 PM
I think that's "doable", but you better talk to the Sox early or you might get outbid for lead spanker...:wink:

Ooo.. I better hurry then for sure. I hope I don't get "outbid".. but if the "deal falls through" I'll let you guys know!!! :wink:

steff
08-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey, it was my idea!

Hangar I think Steff is just doubting the use of the word "outbid", not the actual fact that Levine said the deals "fell through".

Jerko.. no need to explain. He knows exactly what the debate is. He's just being a stubborn ass. Usual Henry.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 02:57 PM

Get in line, im first. Im the one that lied after all :cool:

Rocky Soprano
08-26-2005, 02:59 PM

Can we also get a dunk tank going and get Hangar up there?

With the money we collect from that, Im sure we will NEVER get "outbid."

Jerko
08-26-2005, 03:00 PM

I'll email Boyer.

skobabe8
08-26-2005, 03:20 PM

I'm sure we can get something set up in the patio area sept. 8.

Tragg
08-26-2005, 09:59 PM
a very hard push for ex-SOX Tony Graffanino

We got Blum - what's the difference, except that blum can probably play more infield positions, and is thus more valuable.

I'm sure Williams actually tried to get some good players as well.

gobears1987
08-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Everyone complains about us losing Tony G and while I would love to have him now, the reason he left was that he was given the opportunity to start in KC and would only be a backup here. The money may or may not have been better in KC accordingly, but the fact is he wanted to start, something we just couldn't provide.
I have to respect players who decide to go to a team where they can play instead of where the money is. I hate players who go for the money like Maggs and Ivan ROIDriguez (hehe clever). I mean even JD passed up better money from other teams to come here because he wanted to have fun. You have to respect those players. They are the ones who truly love the game.

Hangar18
08-29-2005, 12:32 PM
This coming from the guy who routinely buys a cheap ticket to get inside the ballpark and then attempts to steal from the team a premium view of the game.

Give it up, Hangar. You have absolutely no credibility on this subject, cheapskate that you are and defend your right to be.

Im a season ticket holder in the lower deck already ..........I dont have to
buy cheap tickets to get in the park :o: