PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas update

Baby Fisk
08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
a brief note in today's online Cub-Times:
FRANK DISCUSSIONS: Trainer Herm Schneider said Frank Thomas plans to spend the weekend with the Sox in Seattle. Thomas, who still has a cast on his injured left ankle and is out for the season, will be only visiting and not getting treatment.

Schneider said Thomas' first X-rays since he has been in the cast looked positive, and some healing was observed. He will undergo X-rays every three weeks. Thomas is trying to give his ankle injury time to heal and avoid the same type of surgery he had last offseason. He's expected to undergo a partial CT scan next week to get a better look at the injury.

jshanahanjr
08-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Can he pinch hit with a cast?

skobabe8
08-26-2005, 12:24 PM
something tells me Frank can STILL help the team just being around. Good to see.

Palehose13
08-26-2005, 12:37 PM
something tells me Frank can STILL help the team just being around. Good to see.

I agree. It's nice to see that he wants to hang around and hoepfully they will discuss the possibilities of restructuring that contract or getting a new one. I really want him to retire with this team and not bounce around from team to team his last few years.

TheOldRoman
08-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree. It's nice to see that he wants to hang around and hoepfully they will discuss the possibilities of restructuring that contract or getting a new one. I really want him to retire with this team and not bounce around from team to team his last few years.
Well, I agree, but I am still holding out hope for a Kirk Gibson moment for Frank.

30 years from now:

:hurt
"I said to myself 'as sure as I am standing here, Isringhausen is gonna throw be that back door slider on 3-2'."

Palehose13
08-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Well, I agree, but I am still holding out hope for a Kirk Gibson moment for Frank.

30 years from now:

"I said to myself 'as sure as I am standing here, Isringhausen is gonna throw be that back door slider on 3-2'."

Wow...Roma, I thought I was optimistic!

Nellie_Fox
08-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Any chance Frank could bat standing on just one foot?

Mickster
08-26-2005, 01:49 PM
I say we just use him as a decoy! :cool:

pmck003
08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
What do the rules say about batting from on your knees?

RallyBowl
08-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Call me crazy, but I believe if we make it deep enough into October, we will see Frank in the box.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Call me crazy, but I believe if we make it deep enough into October, we will see Frank in the box.

As do I...I feel he'd risk the rest of his career for one Fall Classic. Hell, who wouldn't??

SOXintheBURGH
08-26-2005, 04:08 PM
As do I...I feel he'd risk the rest of his career for one Fall Classic. Hell, who wouldn't??

I would set my own mother on fire for a World Series AB.

Lip Man 1
08-26-2005, 04:10 PM
We'll all see Frank again when he throws out the ceremonial first ball before the first home game of the post season.

Lip

Baby Fisk
08-26-2005, 04:19 PM
We'll all see Frank again when he hits out the last pitch of the last game of the post season.
Lip
I corrected your minor errors. :cool:

Rocky Soprano
08-26-2005, 04:22 PM

Yeah I would burn his mother too! :D:

Brian26
08-26-2005, 04:25 PM

LOL, great stuff. I love it.

:ozzie

"I knew de kid could do it!"

GAsoxfan
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Can Frank just get a pinch runner right out of the batters box? Ozuna could stand behind the umpire and then start running when Frank hits it.

Palehose13
08-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Can Frank just get a pinch runner right out of the batters box? Ozuna could stand behind the umpire and then start running when Frank hits it.

"Pffft...Pinch Runner? I can hobble around the bases cause I am going to take it outta the park."

Frater Perdurabo
08-26-2005, 05:28 PM

No disrespect to any other Sox hitter, but Frank Thomas on one foot still may be more dangerous at the plate than almost any other teammate.

:D:

Besides, all Frank has to do is stand there, take pitches, and keep the catcher from seeing Pods break from third to steal home to score the winning run by sliding betwen Frank's legs!

:)

voodoochile
08-27-2005, 02:15 AM

:o:

I don't know whether to be impressed and astounded or freaked out and disspointed...:?:

Nellie_Fox
08-27-2005, 03:02 AM
:o:

I don't know whether to be impressed and astounded or freaked out and disspointed...:?:How about repulsed and frightened?

tstrike2000
08-27-2005, 03:22 AM

Alrighty then.

voodoochile
08-27-2005, 03:33 AM
How about repulsed and frightened?

that too...

Mr. White Sox
08-27-2005, 04:45 AM

:hurt:
"I then said 'whoops!' as I realized at the last second that Isringhausen rarely ever throws a slider; he has a great, great curveball. I barely fouled off the curve and took his backdoor cutter out on the next pitch."

There, that's better. :wink:

DAllen15
08-27-2005, 09:55 AM

He doesn't need a Pinch Runner, I still think he is faster than Paulie, cast and all.

jerry
08-27-2005, 10:00 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. Frank needs to finish his career here. The greatest hitter in White Sox history!

kravdog
08-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Back to the topic....

Daily Southtown says frank no showed on friday in Seattle.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Back to the topic....

Daily Southtown says frank no showed on friday in Seattle.

Would that be Tailgunner Joe reporting the news?

TheOldRoman
08-27-2005, 02:45 PM
:hurt:
"I then said 'whoops!' as I realized at the last second that Isringhausen rarely ever throws a slider; he has a great, great curveball. I barely fouled off the curve and took his backdoor cutter out on the next pitch."

There, that's better. :wink:

I didn't know what Isringhausen throws, I was just quoting Kirk Gibson verbatim.

:hawk
"I don't BE-LIEVE what I just saw!"

Foulke You
08-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't Frank have to be on the playoff roster in order for this to happen? I don't think that KW and Ozzie will include him and be a player short for the playoffs on the hunch that Frank MIGHT be able to have an AB or two assuming we get to late October. Sorry folks, we saw Frank play his last game this year.:(:

DrummerGeorgefan
08-27-2005, 03:20 PM

All of us have certainly seen Frank go deep swinging off of one foot. He's done it all his career.

Mr. White Sox
08-27-2005, 04:13 PM
I didn't know what Isringhausen throws, I was just quoting Kirk Gibson verbatim.

Ah, gotcha. I guess I need to catch up on my baseball quote history a lil' bit! :smile:

voodoochile
08-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Wouldn't Frank have to be on the playoff roster in order for this to happen? I don't think that KW and Ozzie will include him and be a player short for the playoffs on the hunch that Frank MIGHT be able to have an AB or two assuming we get to late October. Sorry folks, we saw Frank play his last game this year.:(:

I am fairly certain that players on the DL can be moved onto the roster between series. In effect the eligible players are everyone who was on the team as of 9/1 and everyone on the DL at the same point in time.

That is IIRC, so someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Revolutn
08-27-2005, 05:51 PM
That is IIRC, so someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

I'm getting rusty.....had to goolge IIRC to find out what it was short-hand for.

IIRC ='s If I Recall Correctly.

Just in case there's any other's whose 'net lingo is showing signs of age. :o:

SouthSiiiiiide!

Rev

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2005, 01:38 AM
All of us have certainly seen Frank go deep swinging off of one foot. He's done it all his career.Unfortunately, the one foot he hits off of it the one he can't hit off of right now. I was thinking more of a Sadaharu Oh swing only off the back foot.