PDA

View Full Version : Scrub Ad nauseam in my back yard! Replica of Urinal being built...Vomit!

white sox bill
08-26-2005, 07:52 AM
I live TWO stinkin' blocks from what was once a great public park. Now this:

http://www.journalstandard.com/articles/2005/08/26/local_news/news01.txt

My tax dollars at work:angry: ! Not much I can do since 95% of people in this town are lemmings...

Wsoxmike59
08-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Mayor George Gaulrapp said city officials are "ecstatic" about the concept.

"This is a great way to draw people to Freeport," Gaulrapp said.

Mayor Gaulrapp starts hearing imaginary voices in his head: "If you build it, lemmings will come."

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
If Freeport wants to draw tourists, they ought to enshrine that A&W drive-up on the edge of town. All the Chicagoans going back and forth to Galena will stop for the "experience" of a meal hanging off the window of their Lexus. The only thing a tiny Urinal will draw is bored farmers.

Letmehearya
08-26-2005, 09:01 AM
I live out west near the White Sox Training Academy in Lisle. I ran into Tim Buzard [Sox CFO] out there one day. I suggested why don't the Sox take some money and buy Comiskey Park replica scoreboards for Little League fields out here [Naperville, Wheaton, Lisle, Downers Grove, Hinsdale etc ...] One per town so it creates an aura about that one field in town. He liked the idea. The Academy out here must be doing something right because little kids [and high schoolers like mine] are big Sox fans and have a healthy dislike of the other baseball team in Chicago.

mrwag
08-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Yea, they can use the A&W as a substitute for all the bars around the real Urinal.

As much as I hate to say it, I think it's actually a pretty cool thing. Might give Freeport something to brag about, even though it is a mini-Wrigley. God knows there's nothing else there.

Hangar18
08-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Sorry ..........this just screams ........SMALL TOWN, SMALL MINDED

PatK
08-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Playing in a park built after a bunch of losers will prepare those kids for their failures later in life.

ThatGuyOnTheL
08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Whom will they hire to add extra authenticity by urinating all over it?

Jerko
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM

I'll do it.

Brian26
08-26-2005, 10:16 AM
The field will be for T-ball and Pee Wee players, having left and right field walls 90 feet from home plate. It will take a 102-foot shot to clear the fence in dead-center field.

Hell, those aren't too far off from the actual dimensions. They might as well have built an exact replica. Really, what's the difference between a 365' pop-up homer to LCF and the tee-ball dimensions?

Dump.

JoeyCora28
08-26-2005, 10:17 AM

:woo-woo

"Somebody calling me?"

Iwritecode
08-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Are they going to add miniature falling pieces of concrete and little nets to catch it too?

JoeyCora28
08-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Wait until little "Homer Banks Cubsfan" runs facefirst into the "vine covered brick wall" chasing a fly ball. Then Daddy "Fratboy Cubsfan" and Mommy "Trixie Cubsfan" file a multi-million dollar suit against the town.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Are they going to add miniature falling pieces of concrete and little nets to catch it too?

You just know the pigeons are tearing up that netting to make their nests at the Cubune's real Urinal. They won't do a thing to fix the problem until somebody gets killed.

Next Lipinski, Wycliff, McGrath & Knue (represented by Cubune lawyers) will go into a full-court press to get a whole new grandstand built for "Chicago's Very Own" Shrine to Losing Baseball. The shilling and editorializing will be non-stop. I bet they even wake up Bob Verdi from his nap in California to fax in an op-ed piece.

Half of Des Moines will rise up in anger if the Cubune doesn't get their way.

It's a fait accompli.

:cool:

Lip Man 1
08-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Many years ago I read an item in S.I. where a farmer reconstructed the original Crosley Field complete with incline in left field in Kentucky. (For those of you who don't know geography...Cincinnati is barely across the state line from Kentucky so most of Northern Kentucky is Reds country.)

The guy apparently bought many pieces of the original stadium when it was closed in 1970 including the scoreboard, a section of the bleachers and ticket booths. Youth leagues teams were using the field which is why the farmer built it. If I remember the scoreboard still had the name plates of the final games that day for the last day of Crosley Field on it and the farmer kept it that way.

I don't know if it is still there or not. It would be cool to find out.

Lip

GoGoSoxReborn
08-26-2005, 11:29 AM
:woo-woo

"Somebody calling me?"

:roflmao:

skobabe8
08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Playing in a park built after a bunch of losers will prepare those kids for their failures later in life.

Especially posting the actual cubs score on the scoreboard. They gonna fly a mini L flag too?

Gavin
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Not the end of the world folks. Seem like the are more concerned about getting some Scrub fan $ than worshiping the urinal.

miker
08-26-2005, 03:14 PM
I'll bring the weed-killer!

Chisox353014
08-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Many years ago I read an item in S.I. where a farmer reconstructed the original Crosley Field complete with incline in left field in Kentucky. (For those of you who don't know geography...Cincinnati is barely across the state line from Kentucky so most of Northern Kentucky is Reds country.)

The guy apparently bought many pieces of the original stadium when it was closed in 1970 including the scoreboard, a section of the bleachers and ticket booths. Youth leagues teams were using the field which is why the farmer built it. If I remember the scoreboard still had the name plates of the final games that day for the last day of Crosley Field on it and the farmer kept it that way.

I don't know if it is still there or not. It would be cool to find out.

Lip

Apparently the property was sold and it was torn down while the farmer was out of town, believe it or not. Go
here (http://www.crosley-field.com/) and scroll down to "The New Crosley" section for the whole story.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-26-2005, 05:00 PM
those poor kids

ChiSoxRowand
08-26-2005, 05:42 PM
I actually played at Read Park for a little league all-star tournament in 98', and they had a nice field. I hope they aren't using that field for the urinal replica.

soltrain21
08-26-2005, 09:27 PM
What is with the infield being so large and the outfield being about 3 feet?

LongLiveFisk
08-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I'll bring the weed-killer!

And I'll bring the "Urine Gone" :roflmao:

Clembasbal
08-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Well I guess I am not visiting that dump for the Freeport Pretzel fest next year! And I am serious!

soxwon
08-28-2005, 12:05 PM
If Freeport wants to draw tourists, they ought to enshrine that A&W drive-up on the edge of town. All the Chicagoans going back and forth to Galena will stop for the "experience" of a meal hanging off the window of their Lexus. The only thing a tiny Urinal will draw is bored farmers.

This is from a town, that has a High School team named the PRETZELS!!!!

soxwon
08-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Well I guess I am not visiting that dump for the Freeport Pretzel fest next year! And I am serious!

i see you beat me to it.

Harris=God
08-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Since this is for kids, will the bleachers be used for underage drinking?

Clembasbal
08-28-2005, 01:53 PM
i see you beat me to it.

A college friend of mine, from Freeport, said that the entire area is full of Cubs fans. Not a single person he ever met, in 21 years, was a Sox fan until he went to Valparaiso, IN for school. Talk about sheltered.

bigfoot
08-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Will this fool those Iowa bus drivers and deliver those busloads of drunken fans into Freeport? Will they notice? Will they care, even if they do?!~

white sox bill
09-17-2005, 01:20 PM

That A&W is now a convience store...in what is now termed "the hood" here in Freeport.

white sox bill
09-17-2005, 01:27 PM
A college friend of mine, from Freeport, said that the entire area is full of Cubs fans. Not a single person he ever met, in 21 years, was a Sox fan until he went to Valparaiso, IN for school. Talk about sheltered.

Yes like cockroaches that infiltrate a dirty kitchen, this is big time flub country. But I can think of some Sox fans here in Hooterville...actually most scub fans here are pretty harmless, just ignorant beyond belief. Most of my best freinds are BIG north side fans. But they do root for the Sox if the Sox are contending, but most don't really care. Guess we don't quite have the rivarly like in the city..

white sox bill
09-17-2005, 01:30 PM
I actually played at Read Park for a little league all-star tournament in 98', and they had a nice field. I hope they aren't using that field for the urinal replica.

There are several ball fields at Read Park. I think the one the are going to desicrate is the main one west of the pool. Shame

ChiSoxRowand
09-17-2005, 08:18 PM
There are several ball fields at Read Park. I think the one the are going to desicrate is the main one west of the pool. Shame

I think that's the one. It had beach volleyball pits right next to it.

Frater Perdurabo
09-17-2005, 08:57 PM
They gonna fly a mini L flag too?

:bandance::supernana::):roflmao::rolling: