View Full Version : Thursday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
08-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Won the damn game.

:timo:

Hope you guys enjoy third place.

ode to veeck
08-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Honorable mention to Jon, who pitched one heck of a great game, even with the run given to the Twinks by the umps.

Timo Rules!

ChicagoHoosier
08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Honorable mention to Jon, who pitched one heck of a great game, even with the run given to the Twinks by the umps.

Timo Rules!
If Paulie catches that liner, or it didn't have that bizarre 9th inning push us into extra frames, then I think Garland gets it. Too bad for him, but way to come thru Timo!

Soxfanspcu11
08-25-2005, 05:54 PM
I just learned about this site and I am so glad I did! Its great to be around sox fans! (real sox fans) Anyway, I dont know how to post a new thread! BOOO Oh well, so sorry for making this comment on this thread but....

I have had it with the national media and the way they just pray for the sox downfall. I was watching the 4 oclock sportscenter and the jackass(I forget who) says "This is only the sox third win in 11 games" Okay granted thats true, but they just won a series in minnesota, something that is incredibly difficult to do. They are without their allstar leadoff man and havent been able to do anything offensively (slump). But we all know this so i dont want to preach to the choir, but if the Red Sox or yankees had won only 3 times in their last 11 and had just taken 2 of 3 and 3 of their last 4, those idiots in bristol would say something along the lines of "RedSox/Yankees are on fire! After a minor slump they have now won 3 of 4!!!"

I've had it with those guys and the only reason to watch baseball tonite is to see what other teams are doing around the league and stay up to date. But whatever it doesnt matter, i personally like the sox being under the radar and so called "analysts" criticizing. Let them have their fun, we will just continue building our division lead (largest in american league) and counting down the magic numberz. Oh and by the way, how come they always seem to forget mentioning that the AL central has the team with the best record in baseball and 2 of the top teams competing for the wild card??? Idiots! I have read all of your posts on here and you guys on here would make better analysts any day.

Lets just keep winning and come back from this road trip with only one loss. What will they say then? Well nevermind, im sure they will find a way to downplay it IE "sox got lucky" "the teams they were playing were slumping"

GO SOX!!!!

SouthSide_HitMen
08-25-2005, 06:04 PM
I have had it with the national media and the way they just pray for the sox downfall....I've had it with those guys and the only reason to watch baseball tonite is to see what other teams are doing around the league and stay up to date.... GO SOX!!!!

Welcome to the board. You have other (better) options for baseball coverage / highlights.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mediacenter/index.jsp

I paid $49.95 for MLB.TV. Get all the games and achieves of games. Also, highlight clips can be viewed after the game for people who jut want to spend a minute or two with each game.

It costs $29.95 for the remainder of the year.

Oh and to keep the thread on topic - Everyone is a Timo fan for the day!!!

Ol' No. 2
08-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Won the damn game.

:timo:

Hope you guys enjoy third place.Admit it. You chose him just to hack off the Timo bashers.:wink:

The Dude
08-25-2005, 10:15 PM
Admit it. You chose him just to hack off the Timo bashers.:wink:

Thats what i was afraid of. DAMN!:angry:

Palehose13
08-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Admit it. You chose him just to hack off the Timo bashers.:wink:

And if he did...I'm lovin' it! :D:

Soxzilla
08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Heck of a game for TIMO. Not only did he have that clutch RBI to win the game, he also kept the Twinks from getting that first one (and maybe more) across the plate earlier in the game.

beckett21
08-25-2005, 10:42 PM
TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2955)

Sorry, Twinkies. :supernana: